There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dashon Goldson negotiating extension...

if you cant provide a link then this thread is going to have to be locked
Originally posted by JD81:
You're hearing it from me first as a Webzone Exclusive......

I have recently been in contact with a rep for Dashon and arranged an interview. I just received an email informing me that Dashon is currently in contract negotiations for an extension.

As soon as everything gets finalized, I will be able to run my piece. Just wanted to give you guys the 411 BEFORE you hear it ANYWHERE else......

Thanks! What do you guys think the contract will be? I believe Goldson's agent is Rosenhaus . . .
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
This rocks thanks for the info.... Glad to hear it, and i hope we do that with a few more players. ANd soon.
Great to hear. This is why we are winning free agency contrary to popular opinion. Instead of paying above market value for people we don't need lets solidify our team for years to come and try to snatch some more gems in the draft. I think Davis and Willis will be the last to extend, as Davis will command allot based on his attitude (not necessarily a bad thing but dude thinks hes god's gift to football), and Willis will become one of the top 3 highest paid defensive players in the game. The niners will want to know how much room they have to play with for these two.
Probably a bit early for an extension, dude only played like a couple of good games.
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
who the hell are you ?

Considering I've beaten you in Madden....

I was just playin but damn you ! you had to remind me

cheater..
Originally posted by susweel:
Probably a bit early for an extension, dude only played like a couple of good games.

You complain in every thread man. There's no reason for us not to try and extend Dashon as soon as possible, dude improved as the season went on, and the Niners need players like him (that we draft) to stick with the team as our core. No reason for us to wait till next year when this is an uncapped one, we can front load his contract and he can be getting paid very reasonably next year if (or once) the NFL has a Salary Cap again.
Originally posted by Method:

You complain in every thread man. There's no reason for us not to try and extend Dashon as soon as possible, dude improved as the season went on, and the Niners need players like him (that we draft) to stick with the team as our core. No reason for us to wait till next year when this is an uncapped one, we can front load his contract and he can be getting paid very reasonably next year if (or once) the NFL has a Salary Cap again.

Who's complaining, all I said its probably a bit early to extend whats wrong letting him prove himself a bit longer. But they can do whatever they want, its there money not mine.
I almost would rather let him play out his deal, see what he can do in 2010. Can he play the whole season like he finished in 09? Also lets not forget, before 2009 Goldson was hurt quite a bit and he had injury issues going back to his Washington days.

I say let him play out his deal and if he plays like we think he can, give him a new deal before FA starts. You say his value could go up, yeah but he is already looking for Antrell Rolle money so either way he is going to get paid.
Am I correct in thinking that in this uncapped year, the signing bonus doesn't effect the future cap if its paid up front?

If that is correct, Paraage should negotitiate upfront payments with smaller back end/long term, cap friendly deals.

He had great numbers. Sign him
now before he asks for rolle money
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

I'd rather wait for him to develop into a Rolle type player and pay him. Rather then sign him early and have him be the next Parris Hilton Haralson.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

I'd rather wait for him to develop into a Rolle type player and pay him. Rather then sign him early and have him be the next Parris Hilton Haralson.

You obviously don't watch the Cardinals play enough. Rolle freaken sucks. He was good for a few highlights last year, but other than that, he's a scrub. Cards fans are saying the same thing.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Niners should ask, as part of the negotiation, that Goldson legally change his name to Redandgoldson.

And if we draft Golden Tate, what do we think about calling him The Golden Tate Bridge.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'd rather let him play out another season before giving him a big contract

It doesn't have to be big. I would guess that it would be north of what Tarell Brown got last year (5 years/$8.1 Million) . . . maybe 5 years - $10-12 Million with a decent signing bonus accelerated to this year so if he ends up tanking they can cut their losses. A nice raise but not too crazy.