Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 513 users in the forums

Carr Signs With 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Wow. Thursday, They were showing the free agent quarterbacks on Nfl network. I was telling my brother that we should sign carr and get rid of shaun hill, but i just said that because I liked the way carr played when he came in for eli in the preseason. I had no idea the niners were interested in him... Now i'm thinkin' we should go after antwaan randle el... hopefully it happens

you sound like a over joyed 9 year old.........

AWESOME STORY BRO!!!

lol. my guess is u didn't like the carr signing.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Wow. Thursday, They were showing the free agent quarterbacks on Nfl network. I was telling my brother that we should sign carr and get rid of shaun hill, but i just said that because I liked the way carr played when he came in for eli in the preseason. I had no idea the niners were interested in him... Now i'm thinkin' we should go after antwaan randle el... hopefully it happens

you sound like a over joyed 9 year old.........

AWESOME STORY BRO!!!

lol. my guess is u didn't like the carr signing.

don't hate.

Carr = DYNASTY!!!

Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Wow. Thursday, They were showing the free agent quarterbacks on Nfl network. I was telling my brother that we should sign carr and get rid of shaun hill, but i just said that because I liked the way carr played when he came in for eli in the preseason. I had no idea the niners were interested in him... Now i'm thinkin' we should go after antwaan randle el... hopefully it happens

you sound like a over joyed 9 year old.........

AWESOME STORY BRO!!!

lol. my guess is u didn't like the carr signing.

nope & my guess is that your a McClueless backer?
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
wonder what number is he going to wear???

he better not ask Steve Young for permission to wear his number

Steve better tell him to F*ck off if he does

My guess is 5, 9, or 10.

he can have 9 or 10

5 was good to us also


13.

he should be 9, one better than Young
I will say one thing, his team the Texans sucked very bad... his O-Line was one of the worst we have ever seen. The guy was a #1 and he is strong armed, throws a nice deep pass. If our line is decent he may not be a bad pickup. I think it shows that we wanted a backup that can throw the ball vertical. The guy has skills but I don't think he ever was in a good system with the Texans. Maybe he can do as Young did and be a good player later in is career. I'm not sold on him but I don't think he's a bad pick at back-up QB. I can think of worse.... I see the contract is for two years, Smiths ends this year. Looks like we got a potential QB for next year of Alex fails on us.
Alex is the starter.They're bringing in Carr to be the backup QB as we all know. The 49ers know that Shaun Hill has his limits. With Carr, if the 49ers have to change QBs, they won't have to make major changes to the offense. As we stand now, Alex Smith and Shaun Hill have completely different styles. I guess this move says more about continuity and stability on offense.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,251
I really wanted Nate Davis to compete for the #2 job this season. But since the Niners want to take it slow with him, then Carr sounds good to me.

Hopefully we get lucky like the Giants and beat the patriots for the superbowl
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I'm trying to figure out why people are upset with the signing. Its not gonna be big money, he's not coming in to start....

...whats the problem here.

Smith and Hill are completely opposite types of QBs and if you are going to build around a QB like Smith, you might as well have a backup who can complete a pass more than 10 yards downfield.

Hillwas done, why not go out and get yourself a backup. Whats the big deadl? Nobody is touting him as a savior or anything.

I think peeps need to pipe down.

because it wasnt Peppers

Not me, I didn't want Peppers, but there are a few inexpensive FA's that would have been of better use than Carr Or BJones.
I think this is a good signing! Alex and Carr will do well. P. Willis needs to keep his mouth shut! Willis will not be on our team much longer anyways. He doesn't want to be here so f him. Yes he is one of the best LB or the best Lb. Last two years the 49ers tryed to give him a contract ext but he keeps saying "There's no hurry for that". Wow most players would love a contract ext just in case they got hurt. HMMM! P. Willis next stop is Dallas..
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Wow. Thursday, They were showing the free agent quarterbacks on Nfl network. I was telling my brother that we should sign carr and get rid of shaun hill, but i just said that because I liked the way carr played when he came in for eli in the preseason. I had no idea the niners were interested in him... Now i'm thinkin' we should go after antwaan randle el... hopefully it happens

you sound like a over joyed 9 year old.........

AWESOME STORY BRO!!!

lol. my guess is u didn't like the carr signing.

nope & my guess is that your a McClueless backer?

Not really. Most of his moves have been a bit head scratching (sims/pashos) but there are times when I agree with some of his decisions
Scotty what the f**k are you doing!?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Scotty what the f**k are you doing!?

Scotty knows more then you! Come on If a team takes a QB with the Number 1 overall pick that team has some problems. Like us protection! Give him a chance look how long it took Smith to start looking like a QB. I bet this year with a second year OC you will be on his nutsac*!
Originally posted by iamtheman698:
I think this is a good signing! Alex and Carr will do well. P. Willis needs to keep his mouth shut! Willis will not be on our team much longer anyways. He doesn't want to be here so f him. Yes he is one of the best LB or the best Lb. Last two years the 49ers tryed to give him a contract ext but he keeps saying "There's no hurry for that". Wow most players would love a contract ext just in case they got hurt. HMMM! P. Willis next stop is Dallas..

R U MADLY INSANE???????

why do ppl in here keep saying Willis is good as gone & having him go to Dallas of all places.

all of a sudden we have Willis haters??
what has happend to US 49ers fans being so critical on our own guys (GOOD GUYS MAY I ADD)
this team & its fans are so divided from each other & its because of people like you!!!!!
Originally posted by Moonshae_D:

And patrick willis seems to agree. I think he's brought in because he's a clone of alex. Big arm, straightness the knee. But i like the old man. Vet that can throw farther then hill at any age. He's looking too start, and alex isn't known for being healthy, and david does take a beating like a man. I think it's a good move it will help by pushing Alex only that much more.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Wow. Thursday, They were showing the free agent quarterbacks on Nfl network. I was telling my brother that we should sign carr and get rid of shaun hill, but i just said that because I liked the way carr played when he came in for eli in the preseason. I had no idea the niners were interested in him... Now i'm thinkin' we should go after antwaan randle el... hopefully it happens

you sound like a over joyed 9 year old.........

AWESOME STORY BRO!!!

lol. my guess is u didn't like the carr signing.

nope & my guess is that your a McClueless backer?

Not really. Most of his moves have been a bit head scratching (sims/pashos) but there are times when I agree with some of his decisions

ok Sims i agree with you was sort of a head scratcher but Pashos was a good move especially after the aparent retirement of Mr. I have a bad back Smith we needed depth & he was a good pick up.

add Brandon Jones to head scratching list along Demetric Evans....
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone