LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Carr Signs With 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JDog
  • Veteran
The Tards are going after Joey Porter, I would have rather beat them to the punch on Porter!
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I'm trying to figure out why people are upset with the signing. Its not gonna be big money, he's not coming in to start....

...whats the problem here.

Smith and Hill are completely opposite types of QBs and if you are going to build around a QB like Smith, you might as well have a backup who can complete a pass more than 10 yards downfield.

Hillwas done, why not go out and get yourself a backup. Whats the big deadl? Nobody is touting him as a savior or anything.

I think peeps need to pipe down.

because it wasnt Peppers

LOL...anyone who thought that was going to happen needs their head examined. ;-)

I'm not jumping for joy over David Carr, but I'm curious to see what he has and I think he allows the Niners to not have to dramatically change their style of play if Smith gets hurt.

This is a backup position people, not a starter. Its a very small contract for a QB...its a bargain price. Whats to lose? Kick the tires and see what he has, sometimes you get lucky.

I remember alot of peeps in the zone not being very happy with the signings of Aubrayo Franklin and Walt Harris. Lets just let this play out. ;-)
  • dugo
  • Veteran
All I know is if we don't get the o-line fixed it won't make a difference whose "flinging" the rock
wonder what number is he going to wear???

he better not ask Steve Young for permission to wear his number

Steve better tell him to F*ck off if he does
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

My guess is 5, 9, or 10.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

My guess is 5, 9, or 10.

he can have 9 or 10

5 was good to us also

My guess is 5, 9, or 10.

he can have 9 or 10

5 was good to us also

That he was.
bye bye shaun hill

My guess is 5, 9, or 10.

he can have 9 or 10

5 was good to us also

It's a make sense pick up. The guy is a backup that has the capability of playing in a digit system, shotgun heavy offense.

He can't do worse in the system than Hill did. At worst, he's a camp arm that does nothing and gets cut.

I would love to pick up Porter...but I bet he wants big money and a starting job...both are kinda tough to guarantee a guy his age.

I would hope that we'd at least talk with him.

Wow. Thursday, They were showing the free agent quarterbacks on Nfl network. I was telling my brother that we should sign carr and get rid of shaun hill, but i just said that because I liked the way carr played when he came in for eli in the preseason. I had no idea the niners were interested in him... Now i'm thinkin' we should go after antwaan randle el... hopefully it happens
I think this is a good signing. His career seems to be similar to A. Smith. He got sacked repeatedly when he was in Houston. Being in a bad team just didn't help much in his development. He's pretty tough though to survive that part of his career. Physical talent wise he's very good. If we can get that O-line straighten out, we will be set
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Wow. Thursday, They were showing the free agent quarterbacks on Nfl network. I was telling my brother that we should sign carr and get rid of shaun hill, but i just said that because I liked the way carr played when he came in for eli in the preseason. I had no idea the niners were interested in him... Now i'm thinkin' we should go after antwaan randle el... hopefully it happens

you sound like a over joyed 9 year old.........

AWESOME STORY BRO!!!
Oh good, we signed a bust #1 pick to "push" our pending-bust #1 QB and/or be 2nd on depth chart. In the end, I hope Nate Davis is ready to take over after this next season. I have a feeling that Carr won't be an improvement over Hill.
Share 49ersWebzone