There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Source: Don't expect anything big!

Just got off the phone with my friend/source:

"The 49ers are looking for the Walt Harris, Takeo Spikes, Aubrayo Franklin's of the world...Not the Nate Clements, Michael lewis, or the Jonas Jenning's! Don't expect anything big."

"Scott is looking at the free agent market but nothing is imminent and not one player has been contacted yet after the Free Agency period began."

"The 49ers are not interested in the top tier free agent class this off-season, especially at the rates they expect/and are going to recieve!"

"I know Scott likes some players out there, but he is in no rush to complete a deal, he is patiently waiting for the market value of the players to slowly come back to reality."

So thats what my good friend informed me...So their goes the big moves we were hopeful for! I didn't get to ask my friend if he/she knew if the 49ers were interested in a trading partner :( I remember as I got off the phone. Next time I call my friend I will ask.

Ill keep you guys/giirls UPDATED! :)
The source did say that the 49ers still have Laboy as a target!
  • mod
  • Veteran
laboy... ehh

I'm not feeling FA this year... it doesnt seem to fit us very well.
Travis Laboy is damaged goods. We are not serious about this DE - are we? Am I missing something?
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Travis Laboy is damaged goods. We are not serious about this DE - are we? Am I missing something?

I remember the zone was all up in his nuts a year or 2 ago. Did he flame out since?
Wouldn't mind us taking a look at Joey Porter
I wouldn't mind us looking at a RB if we don't think we will get Spiller or Best in the draft.
My source told me the same thing. He/she also said that this is exactly what we already knew. Scott has been saying this for some time now.

The next time I talk to my source, I'll punch him in the nose for feeding me a bunch of crap. Stay tuned!!
Slim pickins

Top 50 Free Agents

Its best to just concentrate on the draft... I think Peppers is going to sign with the Bears.
I hate Scott's philosophy not to pay guards. Stephen Neal would be an excellent addition to our O line.
Don't see us doing much at all for awhile in FA.
Nothing that the front office said up till now
has indicated they were looking at making Any big moves at all.
If they keep Sims or Pasho they'll be OK, IMO
Just got off the cell with my source at HQ: " Dont expect a big splash in FA or the NFL next year, Scotty is ok with just winning the west by default and being embarrassed in the first round of the playoffs."

He/she (my source is a tranny) also said, "expect another 50 percent hike in your season tickets even though you have one of the dumpiest stadiums in all the NFL."

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 5, 2010 at 07:23:24 ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Just got off the cell with my source at HQ: " Dont expect a big splash in FA or the NFL next year, Scotty is ok with just winning the west by default and being embarrassed in the first round of the playoffs."

He/she (my source is a tranny) also said, "expect another 50 percent hike in your season tickets even though you have one of the dumpiest stadiums in all the NFL."

FA sucks this year anyways.

Keep our youngstas'
This rumor article says David Carr will be visiting.

If Alex Smith starts off slow people will be calling for David to step in.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home