LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 408 users in the forums

Most depressing 49er game of your life?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1990 NFC Championship game vs. Giants.
I was born in 1986 so every playoff game vs the packers. Brett Favre made me cry so many times as a youngster.
Originally posted by jones49:
1990 NFC Championship game vs. Giants.

Roger Craig was my favorite player
THE TWO LOSSES VS THE COWGIRLS IN THE 90S
Mine was the 1987 playoff game against the Vikings. Our team had the #1 defense and the #1 offense that season.

We didn't find any answers for Anthony Carter that day.
Every playoff loss was bad but 90 was probably the worst. The loses to the boyz are close.
There have been a few, the one that sticks out in my mind was Tampa Bay. September 1, 1997. My wife and i plan this whole vacation in Tampa to culminate with watching the still powerhouse Niners take it too the perennial doormat buccaneers. Three hours later, rice had a blown knee. steve young had a concussion and we lost 13-6 i believe it was. yes, i cried.
Runner up that 1986 playoff loss to the giants.
missing that threepeat hurt pretty bad too.
like i said there have been a few.

[ Edited by Shifter on Feb 23, 2010 at 19:38:51 ]
A lot of ppl have already said it. The 1st time i ever cried b/c of a loss... vs the Giants in the NFC Championship Game... 1. b/c they knocked Montana out (he was my hero) and 2. b/c they ruined our 3-peat (we would have easily beat the Bills) 3. it was to the F'n Giants ( I live in S. Jersey which is Eagle territory but if your not an eagle fan your a giant fan... and they only come out when they're winning)............ i may cry thinking about it now....
The 49ers/Vikings this past season. I was in my dorm watching it being so thrilled that the Niners can close the game out until...well you know what happened. I took a nap right after and I was still frustrated when I woke up. Then the following day, everytime I went to the dining commons to get something to eat, there was always Brett Farve this and Brett Farve that on Sportscenter and basically everyone else. It was so hard to watch anything on sports networks.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I've been watching Niner football for about 20 years, the most depressing game that I can remember was this year's game at Minnesota.

I was in a bar surrounded by Viking fans, and as the Vikings were driving, they were all depressed, and they were all telling me how it was over. Then it happened.

Everyone else went nuts and I just sat there, stunned, for like 15 or 20 minutes. The rest of the day is a blur.

I've been watching Niner football for about 20 years, the most depressing game that I can remember was this year's game at Minnesota.

I was in a bar surrounded by Viking fans, and as the Vikings were driving, they were all depressed, and they were all telling me how it was over. Then it happened.

Everyone else went nuts and I just sat there, stunned, for like 15 or 20 minutes. The rest of the day is a blur.

BRO, 20 years we have had some real heartbreakers. That Viking game stung, but come on?? those losses to the cowboys,giants and packers in the playoffs werent worse??
Originally posted by Shifter:

BRO, 20 years we have had some real heartbreakers. That Viking game stung, but come on?? those losses to the cowboys,giants and packers in the playoffs werent worse??

Well the title said depressing. The playoff losses made me angry, not depressed.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Almost every playoff loss against GB, the worst was against the Falcons.

The one when Hearst broke his ankle? That one was over from the start. The one in '90 was far worse imo. To have a potential 3-peat fumbled away at the end of the game was like getting hit by a Mack truck. We would have played the Bills in the SB. 3-peat was in the bag.

I'm glad I was just a kid then because if some s**t like that happened today it would be all bad in my house for a long time.
The Fumble.

Div. Playoffs vs Falcons when Hearst broke his ankle. Shoulda been number 6
[But it HAS to be the 1991 Championship game against the Giants. Rice fumbling the ball, Lawrence Taylor taking it to the house and Jim Burt's killshot on Montana.

I didn't cry that day, but I know I drank waaay too much to kill the pain.

Burt's hit and Rice's fumble were in the 86 shellacking (49-3) the Giants gave to the Niners. I was just kind of dazed after that one. It was the 91 game against the Giants that still stings when I think about it.

[ Edited by BHulman on Feb 23, 2010 at 19:56:28 ]
Share 49ersWebzone