LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Most depressing 49er game of your life?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
93 NFCCG against the cowboys. Felt like a kick to the Nuts losing that game.

Thankfully we got our revenge on the cowgirls the next season.
It is funny that this thread popped up today. Some of the playoff miscues by the Niners made the Top 10 Playoff miracles on the NFL network yesterday:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hq-videos/09000d5d81686832/Top-playoff-miracles
You'll have to go back to the 90's and Green Bay took Steve Young and the Niners out of the Playoffs.

It could be the game where Aeneas Williams blitzed, Lawrence "the bum" Phillips missed the block, Steve Young got blown up and never played a down for the Niners again.

It might be the game where Leonard Marshall beat Blubba Paris who could only watch helplessly and shout "LOOK OUT!" before Marshall blew up Joe Montana. The next day at work a guy who was a 49ers fanatic was ready to go to New York City, hunt Marshall down and shoot him. I had to talk him out of it. Seriously.

It could be the Eagles game where Randall Cunningham and Charlie Garner stomped the life out of the Niners, George Seifert pulled Young who went nuts on the sidelines.

But it HAS to be the 1991 Championship game against the Giants. Rice fumbling the ball, Lawrence Taylor taking it to the house and Jim Burt's killshot on Montana.

I didn't cry that day, but I know I drank waaay too much to kill the pain.

Originally posted by miked1978:
I think it was 90 or 91 when the Giants kicked a field goal to win the game and knock us out of the playoffs. I was a kid about 11 years old at the time and I cried like a baby. I hated the Giants for a long time after that.

That game for sure. Also, the when the Niners lost in 87 in the playoffs to the Vikings. Then there was the NFC title game in 83 when a couple of "phantom" pass interference calls kept the Niners out of the Super Bowl. The Niner NFC championship loss to the Cowboys in 92 was also rough.
yea, i change my vote. I remember crying during that niners giants playoff game.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
#1 was the 49er vs Giants game. If Roger Craig doesnot fumble we probably win our third superbowl in a row.

And every time we played Favre and the packers in the playoffs
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yea, i change my vote. I remember crying during that niners giants playoff game.

I remember crying during the niners giants playoff game in 02.... then we came back !
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.

I was at that game, went to every home game that year. I was 14 years old weeping like a b***h on the ride home.

I also remember seeing Giants fan Gregory Hines and like 5 bodyguards walk by our tailgate before the game.

Originally posted by hardcore49er:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Can't say I've ever been depressed over a sporting event.

Then you dont have the passion as like a lot of people do or your incredably stong minded. To answer question the hole erickson 2-14 season was depressing.

Or (and hear me out) I'm mentally and physically mature enough to understand that a game of football isn't something to be depressed about.

If you're depressed over a sporting team's loss, I can't imagine how totally insufferable the rest of your life must be.
Originally posted by hardcore49er:
Can't say I've ever been depressed over a sporting event.

Then you dont have the passion as like a lot of people do or your incredably stong minded. To answer question the hole erickson 2-14 season was depressing.

Or (and hear me out) I'm mentally and physically mature enough to understand that a game of football isn't something to be depressed about.

If you're depressed over a sporting team's loss, I can't imagine how totally insufferable the rest of your life must be.

And you're arrogant on top of such incredible mental and physical maturity. Good for you.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I remember crying during the niners giants playoff game in 02.... then we came back !

I fell asleep after we started getting blown out. Only to wake up to the miracle in the making.
I'm relatively young so the Garrison Hearst and BY moments are slightly hazy -- but as I've been watching religiously for the past like... 7 years (all losing, mind you ) I have to say that Minni game hurt BAD. All day I was in shock and the worst part is that I knew it was going to be on ESPN all year. And it changed the course of our whole damn season. Yuck. That loss hurt.
Almost every playoff loss against GB, the worst was against the Falcons.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Feb 23, 2010 at 16:58:52 ]
Share 49ersWebzone