LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 327 users in the forums

Most depressing 49er game of your life?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by redrathman:
Can't say I've ever been depressed over a sporting event.

you just don't share the love we do
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.

This

f**k you Craig.

You will never get into the HOF.

I was sick to my stomach and also cried...it felt like the end of an era
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I've been watching Niner football for about 20 years, the most depressing game that I can remember was this year's game at Minnesota.

I was in a bar surrounded by Viking fans, and as the Vikings were driving, they were all depressed, and they were all telling me how it was over. Then it happened.

Everyone else went nuts and I just sat there, stunned, for like 15 or 20 minutes. The rest of the day is a blur.
Just about every post season game versus Green Bay but the one that I still think about is the 95 wildcard game where we had an excellent chance to repeat and we lost.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
the games we give away due to our youth. Time & hard work should fix that.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Can't say I've ever been depressed over a sporting event.

Then you dont have the passion as like a lot of people do or your incredably stong minded. To answer question the hole erickson 2-14 season was depressing.
I would also say the game against the 'Skins. Coming back from 21-0 just to have the refs make those unbelievable calls and hand the game to them. Disgusts me to this day. That is the only Super Bowl where I cheered for the Raiders. Washington didn't belong there.
Originally posted by valrod33:
when garrison hearst f**ked up his ankle against the falcons in the playoffs
Either the Vikings game this year

or the 49ers vs. Cowboys in 2005, i was at that game, and i was pretty fukin pissed off the whole next week.

Screw that game, keyshawn feet were not inbounds on that TWO PT. conversion

Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Either the Vikings game this year

or the 49ers vs. Cowboys in 2005, i was at that game, and i was pretty fukin pissed off the whole next week.

Screw that game, keyshawn feet were not inbounds on that TWO PT. conversion

I don't even remember that game.

Losses don't hurt as bad when you go 4-12 with no shot at the playoffs.
Lately our games vs. the Eagles are very depressing. They're a reminder of how far away we are from being an upper echelon NFC team.

Last seaon against the Seahawks was frustrating as well.
Nothing will EVER come close to the 90/91 championship loss to the Giants. We would have 3peated had we won that. Also that team would have cemented its position as the greatest team ever...PERIOD!! Probably still is the greatest team in my eyes tho. Joe does not get knocked out of that game we win. Roger does not fumble we win. Horrible game full stop. I remember how i felt like it was yesterday when that kick was made.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.

That game still hurts. Man we would have crushed the Bills. Steve Young would have won his first SB. I remember Montana got killed on a blind sided sack.

Fu#@ing Leonard Marshall. I was like 11 and I systematically sought out and destroyed every Leonard Marshall card I had in my expansive collection of NFL cards.

I see I'm not alone on this game. This really hurt. I was 15 or 16 and I talked much noise on this game. Soon as it was over I had to man up on the MANY phones calls I got that day. I didn't want to go to school the next day. It was horrible.

you guys said it all i will never forget that picture of montana getting killed on that play i was furious
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Born in '86.

The Vikings game this year was also the most depressing for me. Worse than the playoff losses when we had Jeff Garcia.

I don't know why, I think it's just the way that we lost. I wanted to throw up when it happened, I just saw on my couch in shock for a half hour.

This. I think it has alot to do with the huge win drought that we've gone through the last 7 years. We were on a roll and that last play really changed the momentum of our team.

I hate Brett Favre with a passion for all the times he kicked our ass out of the playoffs while with the Packers.
Share 49ersWebzone