There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Most depressing 49er game of your life?

I've only been a fan since 2002, so my experiences are a bit limited.

I would first say the 09 Vikings game.

The second game that I would mention would be the 08 MNF game against the Cardinals.

-9fA
Any of the NFC Championship losses to the Packers/Cowboys in the 90s. To be one game away from winning going to the SB (and in those days you knew the NFC team was superior) hurt bad.
Originally posted by valrod33:
when garrison hearst f**ked up his ankle against the falcons in the playoffs

This
1. 90' NFC Championship game vs. NYG
2. 87' playoff game vs. MIN
3. 92' NFC Championship game vs. DAL
4. 95' NFC playoff game vs. GB
5. 91' Regular season game vs. ATL, where they essentially knocked us out of playoff contention with a last second hail mary. Funny thing was the 49ers finished the season with 6 straight victories under Bono and were on fire and were playing the best football in the NFL.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
1. 90' NFC Championship game vs. NYG
2. 87' playoff game vs. MIN
3. 92' NFC Championship game vs. DAL
4. 95' NFC playoff game vs. GB
5. 91' Regular season game vs. ATL, where they essentially knocked us out of playoff contention with a last second hail mary. Funny thing was the 49ers finished the season with 6 straight victories under Bono and were on fire and were playing the best football in the NFL.

Very nice and in that order for me, too. I still remember that 90' game! I was coming back from Oregon with my-ex and another couple listening to the game on the radio. We then went up in elevation and the radio kept going in and out. When the Giants kicked that last second FG, the radio hit static. I didn't hear the horrible news until 20 minutes later.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.

This

f**k you Craig.

You will never get into the HOF.
3. 1992 NFC Champoinship game against the Cowboys. From the NFL hiring a grounds crew to fix the field, to the phantom holding call on a Jerry Rice TD, and the "how bout them Cowboys" crap! That game literally made me sick to my stomach.

2. 1983 NFC Championship. Till this day I've never seen such a big game so horribly officiated. There was bad call after bad call in that game it was disgusting. And to see a great Montana comeback thrown away by the officials was too much to handle.

3. 1991 NFC Championship against the NY Giants. This loss still gets me down. House full of people ready to storm the streets of S.F. and........FUMBLE!!!!!!
I never cried over a game until this day.
Three words: Roger Craig Fumble.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Three words: Roger Craig Fumble.

Great play by Lawrence Taylor.
Sept. 27, 1999, Phillips missed a blocking assignment — some say on purpose — allowing Arizona free safety Aeneas Williams a free lane to blindside Steve Young. The 49ers quarterback sustained a career-ending concussion on the play.
'97 NFC Championship game. f**k FAVRE AND THE PACKERS!
The '91 play-off game against the Giants hurt badly and so did the loss to the Vikings last season, but when Young was knocked unconscious against the Cardinals that was the worst.
Originally posted by rhinobacker:
Sept. 27, 1999, Phillips missed a blocking assignment — some say on purpose — allowing Arizona free safety Aeneas Williams a free lane to blindside Steve Young. The 49ers quarterback sustained a career-ending concussion on the play.

That was the end of the 49ers dynasty...
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
87 championships against Minnesota

and, of course, the fumbled threepeat. Real physical pain.

These two crushed me!
Originally posted by miked1978:
I think it was 90 or 91 when the Giants kicked a field goal to win the game and knock us out of the playoffs. I was a kid about 11 years old at the time and I cried like a baby. I hated the Giants for a long time after that.[/quote

Yep.. I hated that game.. First Leonard Marshall knocks Montana out of the game, then Craig fumbles the game away.. Had he fumbled 2 plays later the 49ers would have run the clock down to next to nothing and the Giants wouldn't have been able to march down for that Matt Bahr FG..