There are 163 users in the forums

Most depressing 49er game of your life?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.

That game still hurts. Man we would have crushed the Bills. Steve Young would have won his first SB. I remember Montana got killed on a blind sided sack.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I think it was 90 or 91 when the Giants kicked a field goal to win the game and knock us out of the playoffs. I was a kid about 11 years old at the time and I cried like a baby. I hated the Giants for a long time after that.

Same here I was 12 and I believe LT hit Roger Craig and he fumbled then they hit a FG and won by 3. that should've been a 3 peat. I think they knocked Montana out of that game also .
Born in 80 - Craig's fumble - not even a second thought.

Although the Vikings game this year was the first time in a few years that I felt a fraction of that feeling.
How about that game against the Eagles? 40-8. Charlie Garner ran alllll over us that day.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.

That game still hurts. Man we would have crushed the Bills. Steve Young would have won his first SB. I remember Montana got killed on a blind sided sack.

Fu#@ing Leonard Marshall. I was like 11 and I systematically sought out and destroyed every Leonard Marshall card I had in my expansive collection of NFL cards.
  • HearstStiffarm
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Rathman_44:

Fu#@ing Leonard Marshall. I was like 11 and I systematically sought out and destroyed every Leonard Marshall card I had in my expansive collection of NFL cards.

It didn't help that they all showed him hitting Montana
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for LanceQ.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:

I see I'm not alone on this game. This really hurt. I was 15 or 16 and I talked much noise on this game. Soon as it was over I had to man up on the MANY phones calls I got that day. I didn't want to go to school the next day. It was horrible.
Not the most depressing but the latest game to make me just sit there and be like WTF was the 09 at Seatlle game.
1990/91 NFC Championship game against the G-men. When Matt Bahr hit that FG I felt like I got kicked in the gut by a horse.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Not the most depressing but the latest game to make me just sit there and be like WTF was the 09 at Seatlle game.

Yeah, that was just a SORRY game, just sorry. HR should have docked there pay on that one.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Craigs fumble in 1990.

the only time ever in my life i had to go break something. that plastic toy KISS guitar would've been worth a lot now.
  • Jacka
  • Veteran
I want to say it was in 2004 against the Vikings at Minesota. I was living in San Diego at the time and never got to see any Niner games. They were finally being televised down in SD and we ended up being down by like 20 or 30 points at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Worst part was that Fox said that they were going to switch to a more competitive game. I never felt so low as a Niner fan.
Born in 85'. Those playoff losses to the friggen Packers in the mid 90's and the Falcons game when our boy Hearst broke his ankle.
I hear ya. If we had won that game vs. Vikings, and then the Vikings beat the Cards like they were supposed to as well as the Panthers, we'd be tied 9-7 and win the division since we beat the Cards twice, plus had a better draft pick from Carolina. Favre and Vikings screwed us three times this past season and that's pretty ******* depressing!

Another game that comes to mind was the MNF game vs. Cards and Martz calls for a HB Dive w/ Robinson when we're at the 2-3 yard line. WTF?! Also, there was a defender pulling on Robinson's helmet/facemask, but it was never called. That bummed me out, too.
I was sitting at the game against the bills when Erickson was the coach. I forget the year but it was right around Christmas and I had driven over 300 miles with my brothers and cousin who wanted to leave shortly after halftime....but I sat there in the focking rain, in a half filled stadium (those left wearing Bills Blue) and watched the Niners get absolutley killed.
In fact, I think that was Cody Picketts first game.
I sat through every minute, but that was a low for me.
Share 49ersWebzone