LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Most depressing 49er game of your life?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The reason why I am posting this is because I was born in 88, so I wasn't really alive for the glory years and I was too young to really remember the 94 superbowl. But I have watched all of them because of the championship dvd they came out with.

I am from North Dakota and work at a sports memorabelia store in town and I have to listen to all of the rediculous Viking fans every single day of the year. So this years 49ers vs. Vikings game I decided to buy tickets to and go watch it and it turned out to be that game that was the most depressing game of my life. Because we would've started 3-0 and on a great roll and finally getting some respect around the league again. The entire game my girlfriend and I were going back and forth bickering with vikings fans. So after the Clements blocked field goal return and the VD touchdown to go ahead, I thought that this was finally my turn to be on the winning side of close game for once (other than the giants playoff game and the packers playoff game (both my favorite games of my life)). But then it all went wrong with terrible defense and letting Brent Favre live up to some sort of legend he was building. I was sitting in the endzone that day and we hadn't seen a touchdown all day but it was still a great game until that no name receiver caught that TD over Roman and ruined my great trip.

Since I have been around for more of the disappointing years than the great years (we are on the upside right now I would say) I want to know what some of your most depressing games of your life as a niners fan have been?
Born in '86.

The Vikings game this year was also the most depressing for me. Worse than the playoff losses when we had Jeff Garcia.

I don't know why, I think it's just the way that we lost. I wanted to throw up when it happened, I just saw on my couch in shock for a half hour.
I think it was 90 or 91 when the Giants kicked a field goal to win the game and knock us out of the playoffs. I was a kid about 11 years old at the time and I cried like a baby. I hated the Giants for a long time after that.
when garrison hearst f**ked up his ankle against the falcons in the playoffs
  • HearstStiffarm
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:

Of all the 90's seasons we didn't win, 98 was my favorite. That game killed me, but the 1995 Packers Divisional round loss was devastating because it was so unexpected and it had led to me hearing about #4 for the rest of my life.
I've been watching Niner football for about 20 years, the most depressing game that I can remember was this year's game at Minnesota.

I was in a bar surrounded by Viking fans, and as the Vikings were driving, they were all depressed, and they were all telling me how it was over. Then it happened.

Everyone else went nuts and I just sat there, stunned, for like 15 or 20 minutes. The rest of the day is a blur.
#1 most depressing would be the lost to the Cowboys in 93. The Division Title game. We needed a stop and Alvin Harper caught a short pass and sealed the game on us. Other than that game, I would say ALLLLL THE LOSSES to the Packers...Brett Farve era.
The most depressing 49er game of my life was the NFC Championship game after the 1983 season. Two 4th quarter pass interference calls (terrible calls) allowed the Redskins to kick a late game winning field goal. The refs gave the game to Washington. I'm still not over that game.

YES! We would of won and gone on to win the superbowl. f**k the falcons and their Dirty Bird.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
49ers vs Giants in 1998 when BY broke his leg.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

YES! We would of won and gone on to win the superbowl. f**k the falcons and their Dirty Bird.

we would have been the first to 6, that game hurts me the most. No doubt in my mind we win the super bowl that year
87 championships against Minnesota

and, of course, the fumbled threepeat. Real physical pain.

That game would be second on my list, that was pretty damn depressing, partially because we lost and partially because Hearst was one of my favorite players.
the vikings game was nothing compared to the giants nfc championship in 1990. Craigs fumble with 3 minutes left to go. It ended our 3peat. I cried.
Can't say I've ever been depressed over a sporting event.
Share 49ersWebzone