There are 95 users in the forums

"Missing Rings!"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
lmao! NFL Network right now is showing "One of the greatest teams to never win a Superbowl" and it's the 1988 Bengals!!!

Suck it up! They got beat by one of the Greatest Teams in NFL History and the Greatest QB in NFL History and the Greatest NFL Player in NFL History!!!

ahhhh, the memories...
I thought it was kind of sad

especially when the DT, who got injured in the superbowl,

said it was his fault they lost the game (his voice started to crack a bit too)

where is chris collinsworth
they would have beat anyone else in the nfc that season.... Joe Cool, Jerry and the forgotten one Mr. John Taylor had the final say.... Anyone agree with me when I say Taylor was the second best reciever to ever play the game?
The story behind the failure of '88 Bengals wasn't just about Joe being a Godly QB (or the loss of Krumrie, early into the game), but Cincy setting its own fate by playing overly-emotional football for 3 full quarters, and deflating hard amidst the quarter which counted the most.
Krumrie got hurt because he was trying to trip him. He stuck his leg out.
second best is more than a stretch
Originally posted by jprchrds:
they would have beat anyone else in the nfc that season.... Joe Cool, Jerry and the forgotten one Mr. John Taylor had the final say.... Anyone agree with me when I say Taylor was the second best reciever to ever play the game?

Yeah, were the '98 Niners on that list.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The story behind the failure of '88 Bengals wasn't just about Joe being a Godly QB (or the loss of Krumrie, early into the game), but Cincy setting its own fate by playing overly-emotional football for 3 full quarters, and deflating hard amidst the quarter which counted the most.

Right after Krumrie went down, we lost Steve Wallace, our starting LT. We had to go with Bubba "Gimme another bucket of wings" Paris.

People that tout Krumrie as the reason the Bengals lost are nuts, or have seriously selective memories of the game.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Seriously. 1998 I thought we were SB bound

Goddamn Falcons

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Feb 22, 2010 at 22:38:56 ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Goddamn Falcons

IMO, it had more to do with Hearst snapping his ankle than it did with the Falcons.

Goddamn Falcons

IMO, it had more to do with Hearst snapping his ankle than it did with the Falcons.

HEARST AND BY i believe. 2 of our very best players. We would of beaten the falcons.....they made a 2 point difference. And the Vikes....are the Vikings. We already beat the Broncos so we would of had another SB. Young would of been happy.

Also We lost our LT a just as important position as DT to the Buungels....not to mention they got a special teams TD which kept them in that game. We ran and passed all up and down on them. We blew many scoring opportunities with penalties, a fumble, missed fg and so on. We dominated in yards and mistakes and still won. The best qb ever helped us as well as the best wr tourched them. Taylor was probably the best or one of the best YAC wr's of all time.

Goddamn Falcons

oh yeah definitely, if that didn't happen to Hearst we would have won..I'm just sayin' goddamn Falcons cus it's their fault!
Originally posted by jprchrds:

Maybe the best second receiver.
Share 49ersWebzone