LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Matt Maiocco will be on KNBR at 2:30PM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just a heads-up that Matt Maiocco will be on KNBR 680 at 2:30PM today with Fitz and Brooks.

http://player.cumulusstreaming.com/Play.aspx?KNBR-AM

[ Edited by curtyniner on Feb 22, 2010 at 14:04:30 ]
Originally posted by curtyniner:
Just a heads-up that Matt Maiocco will be on KNBR 680 at 2:35PM today with Fitz and Brooks.

http://player.cumulusstreaming.com/Play.aspx?KNBR-AM

Yup . . Fitz put out the call to MM just to address the McNabb issue
Pass on McChoke!!
Thanks for the heads up!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Pass on McChoke!!

7 years no playoffs, I would take a playoff choker in a New York minute right now.
Originally posted by susweel:
Pass on McChoke!!

7 years no playoffs, I would take a playoff choker in a New York minute right now.

I know u hate Smith, But seriously u think Mcnabb would come in and learn a complete different system and just automatically take us deep into the playoffs?

He cant win it all with the eagles, what makes u think he can even close with the niners?

He has been on some of the best talented/ most explosive teams in the past decade, not to mention in one system his entire career.

AND HE CHOKES!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Pass on McChoke!!

I know u hate Smith, But seriously u think Mcnabb would come in and learn a complete different system and just automatically take us deep into the playoffs?

He cant win it all with the eagles, what makes u think he can even close with the niners?

He has been on some of the best talented/ most explosive teams in the past decade, not to mention in one system his entire career.

AND HE CHOKES!

He would take us to playoffs. Thats good enough for me at this point.

Also I dont hate Alex Smith, I just hate the fact we picked him over Rodgers.
Pass on McChoke!!

AND HE CHOKES!

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have our QB getting a chance to choke in the playoffs rather than in week 15 of yet another 7-9 season.
It's better to have a QB that actually chokes in the playoffs than one that blows away the entire regular season in choking.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Pass on McChoke!!

AND HE CHOKES!

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have our QB getting a chance to choke in the playoffs rather than in week 15 of yet another 7-9 season.

McNabb's always played behind really good OLine's dude. He's always played with a genius HC/OC. He'd get killed if he came here and he wouldn't be playing with the WCO anymore. We did better than 7-9 with Smith last year, not MUCH better but it was kind of a building/transition year for the whole team. MadDog even explained that it would happen before last season, that we'd go about .500 because we had alot of guys just getting their feet wet. We finally have guys playing with some chemistry and building something and Smith is finally showing something and we want to throw it all away for a guy like McNabb who is old and will get broken in half? Dude that sucks.

Putting our faith in Smith to lead us to the playoffs is plain stupid. If we have a chance to upgrade the QB position, we have to do it. End of story.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Matt's Answer is weak.

"The reason why McNabb wouldn't want to come to SF because they want to be a power-run offense?"

That's simply isn't true. There's no way we're going to be a power-run offense even next year with Smith at QB. If we go back to the predictably Ray-gun offense even if we pick a RT and a LG, and telegraph plays, we're going to lose.

Sorry Matt, have to call you out on this one the same way I called out your defense of the HORRIBLE job Forester did at coaching the OL - and in today's blog you update just how poorly coached and bad the OL has been. This is also confirmed by Barrows today as Football Insiders say this is was the WORST statistical OL in the league.

Matt just defending. Yes Smith is 26 which means he can sit on the bench for another 2 seasons while we go deep into the playoffs. I'm not saying this is the preferred situation, but you HAVE to think about it.

Matt is always on Alex's cock.
Putting our faith in Smith to lead us to the playoffs is plain stupid. If we have a chance to upgrade the QB position, we have to do it. End of story.

Not when you're giving up a 1st round pick for a QB in his mid 30s who will GET INJURED behind ONE OF THE WORST OLINES IN THE LEAGUE. You're basically throwing away the pick, and this draft is hella deep. We could build up our D to be the best in the league in this draft, or we could build a monster OLine.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Pass on McChoke!!

AND HE CHOKES!

McNabb's always played behind really good OLine's dude. He's always played with a genius HC/OC. He'd get killed if he came here and he wouldn't be playing with the WCO anymore. We did better than 7-9 with Smith last year, not MUCH better but it was kind of a building/transition year for the whole team. MadDog even explained that it would happen before last season, that we'd go about .500 because we had alot of guys just getting their feet wet. We finally have guys playing with some chemistry and building something and Smith is finally showing something and we want to throw it all away for a guy like McNabb who is old and will get broken in half? Dude that sucks.

Not true. Smith didn't get "killed" last year after he took over (look at the numbers). There was actually a stretch where he was hardly touched, and when he was sacked, it was due mostly to good coverage.

I'm not saying we have a great line by any stretch, but having a threat at QB (someone who can read defenses, know where the blitz is coming from and make the right choices) will reduce our sack totals even more.

I'm not convinced that Smith has what it takes to play playoff-caliber football. I just wouldn't take that chance. For the right price, I'd rather go with experience than put my hopes in Alex Smith. That's just me.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Smith getting us to playoffs is gonna happen.

Right after pigs fly.
Share 49ersWebzone