LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

goal line stand

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is the niners goal line stand back in 81 still the greatest in super bowl history? The colts stand in this last super bowl was pretty awesome!! I still think the niners stand was better, but I am a niner fan, I so supposed to think it is better. What do you guys think?
  • flow
  • Veteran
The '81 stand was way more clutch, so I think that one was better.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
The '81 stand was way more clutch, so I think that one was better.

Completely agree!
I was born in 81
  • mod
  • Veteran
The colts lost

/thread
Originally posted by modninerfan:
The colts lost

/thread
Originally posted by pelos21:
I was born in 81

12-10-1981... Exactly 30 days before montana to clark.... but i still think the best goal line stand ever didn't happen in a super bowl it happens in december 2001. Philly had 7 plays from our 1 yard line!!!! we stuffed them they got a first down on a phantom penalty and we stuffed them again... never will forget that game i was watching with my best friend who is has been dead since may of 2006 and was a huge eagles fan... we had wars over who was better since child hood walker and cunningham or joe cool and rice........NINERS
I remember that! It was at Philly too.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Actually the colts goal line stand in the last superbowl wasn't that great. It ended up playing right back into the Saints hands which they turned into a FG.

It doesn't rank very high at all. Certainly not on the same page as the niners
Originally posted by jprchrds:
I was born in 81

12-10-1981... Exactly 30 days before montana to clark.... but i still think the best goal line stand ever didn't happen in a super bowl it happens in december 2001. Philly had 7 plays from our 1 yard line!!!! we stuffed them they got a first down on a phantom penalty and we stuffed them again... never will forget that game i was watching with my best friend who is has been dead since may of 2006 and was a huge eagles fan... we had wars over who was better since child hood walker and cunningham or joe cool and rice........NINERS

I have to agree. It was literally hard to believe. I was like "did that just happen"? The look on McNabbs face was priceless.

Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Originally posted by jprchrds:
I was born in 81

I have to agree. It was literally hard to believe. I was like "did that just happen"? The look on McNabbs face was priceless.

that game was awesome...back when we could beat philly.
Originally posted by 5rings:
Is the niners goal line stand back in 81 still the greatest in super bowl history? The colts stand in this last super bowl was pretty awesome!! I still think the niners stand was better, but I am a niner fan, I so supposed to think it is better. What do you guys think?

the colts goal line stand was an everyday stand. it was impressive, but stopping someone on the goal line on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th downs isnt THAT rare. plus they lost, and it wasnt a significant stop in the grand scheme of the game.

the 81 stand is by far the best. it went 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

7 in a row from the 2 foot line, and it kept the Bengals out and shut the door on their comeback.
The Colts goal line stand? C'mon Man! Totally a non factor in All-Time goal lines stands, #1-The Colts Fu@*!%& lost! - #2- doesnt matter cause they lost! This thread would be completely useless if not for acknowledging the fact that the 81 Super Bowl goal line stance could be THEE Greatest of All-Time! #3-This is the Niners Webzone, not the Colts/Peyton Manning 4 president Webzone! Stop riding the Colts jock, and choose your loyalties, Ninerhood is a very serious subject with me, so choose now and choose wisely!
4th and 2 , game on the line........Parys HAS Chris Johnson on the SIDELINE at the 5

annnnnnnnnnd..................

Originally posted by modninerfan:
The colts lost

/thread

Share 49ersWebzone