There are 27 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WTF! Cut this dude!!! He cost us the playoffs!!!

• Chico
  • Veteran
The 49ers signed CB Keith Smith to a future contract. Yes, that's the same Keith Smith who allowed a 32-yard pass to Deon Butler in Seattle that set up the Seahawks game-winning touchdown. ... If you're wondering, 'What, exactly, is a future contract?' here's the poop: Players signed to such contracts are being signed for the 2010 season even though the season officially begins March 5. Only players who were not on the active roster -- Smith was cut to make room for DT Derek Walker -- at the end of the season are eligible. Which is to say, players who get future contracts usually are prospective practice squadders and "camp bodies."

-- Matt Barrows

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/02/alex-smith-know.html
Cost us the playoffs? What about the horrible O-line? Horrible playcalling? Horrible Nate in coverage?
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Cost us the playoffs? What about the horrible O-line? Horrible playcalling? Horrible Nate in coverage?

you must of not watched the Seattle game
Thought this was gonna be about VD and his drop in the same game.
Originally posted by Chico:
. . . here's the poop: . . .

-- Matt Barrows

Hehehehehehe...
[ Edited by horsecore on Feb 4, 2010 at 12:27 PM ]
He had close coverage, but still gave up a big play, didn't even look around to deflect the ball, IIRC. But cost us the Playoffs? Hardly. 6 of 8 of our losses were by one score. We had plenty of other chances, but failed. Heck, I'd be more angry if Roman made it through the final roster cuts next season. He gave up the game winning TD vs. Vikings...and countless other mistakes, although he was better this season than in the past.
Originally posted by znk916:
Thought this was gonna be about VD and his drop in the same game.

Me too. Don't forget Delanie dropped a TD in that game and Crabtree ducked the ball instead of trying to catch b/c he didn't want to get hit.
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by AKfanster:

you must of not watched the Seattle game

You must of not watched the Texans, Colts, Titans, GB, etc................. games

My point is that you can't blame missing the playoffs on one guy/one play. I agree, that dude is straight GARBAGE.
Originally posted by Chico:
The 49ers signed CB Keith Smith to a future contract. Yes, that's the same Keith Smith who allowed a 32-yard pass to Deon Butler in Seattle that set up the Seahawks game-winning touchdown. ... If you're wondering, 'What, exactly, is a future contract?' here's the poop: Players signed to such contracts are being signed for the 2010 season even though the season officially begins March 5. Only players who were not on the active roster -- Smith was cut to make room for DT Derek Walker -- at the end of the season are eligible. Which is to say, players who get future contracts usually are prospective practice squadders and "camp bodies."

-- Matt Barrows

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/02/alex-smith-know.html

Chico, don't be discouraged,
The Man he ain't so hard to understand.
Chico, if you try now,
I know that you can lend a helping hand.

Because there's good in everyone
And a new day has begun
You can see the morning sun if you try.

And I know, things will be better
Oh yes they will for Chico and the Man
Yes they will for Chico and the Man....
He's signed for competition. It's very doubtful he makes the team.
f**k that scapegoat.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
He had close coverage, but still gave up a big play, didn't even look around to deflect the ball, IIRC. But cost us the Playoffs? Hardly. 6 of 8 of our losses were by one score. We had plenty of other chances, but failed. Heck, I'd be more angry if Roman made it through the final roster cuts next season. He gave up the game winning TD vs. Vikings...and countless other mistakes, although he was better this season than in the past.

to be honest, Roman had better coverage on that play than smith did. But yea, this past season was all about missed opportunities.
I doubt he'll be playing for us next season.
This is hardly news imo.

-9fA
meh.

He signed a futures contract, so he's most likely going to be a TC body and/or practice squad guy.

Besides, the OL and OC cost us the playoffs if anyone did.