LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

49ers...New York Jets SI article on draft Picks..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Breakdown of their past picks Scotty Mac era...
SI Article on 49ers Jets past picks Rd 1-3

We didn't do to bad in these rounds considering who is starting....
Link don't work
Man the Jets draft picks makes the Niners picks look real shaky. Gotta give them props on there draft picks. Half of the guys on the niners list still have question marks about them, while all the Jets guys are more than solid players(except the clown from ohio state) I think the Niners need to take page out of the Jets 2006 draft and go o line.
I wish we would have kept our 2nd round pick last year and drafted Shone Greene instead of that bust Coffee in the 3rd.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
I wish we would have kept our 2nd round pick last year and drafted Shone Greene instead of that bust Coffee in the 3rd.

well we got a top 17 pick from that 2nd rounder....so we will likely have a chance to draft a player better than Shonn Greene now.
Originally posted by Niners99:

well we got a top 17 pick from that 2nd rounder....so we will likely have a chance to draft a player better than Shonn Greene now.

Originally posted by kronik:
Link don't work

The only guy that would = Greene might be Spiller. But I dont see us wasting another 1st day pick on an RB when we spent a #3 on one last year and we already have Gore.

How could you call Coffee a bust? Does anyone remember the utter failure our offense was before Alex Smith replaced Shaun Hill? We couldn't even get a 1st down. Every defense was cheating up near the line in a eery recreation of the Jim Hostler season, stuffing Gore AND Coffee. He looked pretty good when he had decent blocking.

The only guy that would = Greene might be Spiller. But I dont see us wasting another 1st day pick on an RB when we spent a #3 on one last year and we already have Gore.

Well I think that it depends on what offense that we choose to run. We drafted Coffee with the all intensive purpose of being a power running team ala the giants. But we didn't have the O-line to run that type of offense. We started to run more of the spread with our 21 formation. If we get a free agent on the O-line and draft one I think we could use the second draft pick on a RB like a CJ Spiller or Jahvid Best. The would fit better in the spread then Coffee would. I still pray that we get Reggie Bush some how!!!!

SPILLER!
Who all watched the draft when the jets picked revis? All i remember is all the pundits moaning about him being picked way too early. that he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Not me. I'd much rather have that round 1 pick.

Plus I don't consider Coffee a bust. From what I seen, he was hit in the backfield for the majority of his carries.
Originally posted by Psinex:

How could you call Coffee a bust? Does anyone remember the utter failure our offense was before Alex Smith replaced Shaun Hill? We couldn't even get a 1st down. Every defense was cheating up near the line in a eery recreation of the Jim Hostler season, stuffing Gore AND Coffee. He looked pretty good when he had decent blocking.

This, and the fact that coffee is coming back bigger next season. I think he will be hungry looking to change some minds about him.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:

+1

At the beginning of the season, Gore was held to gains of 30 yards, 4 yards (injury) and 32 yards in 3 of his first 4 games. Then Alex comes in and boom, 91 yards, 83 yards, 104 yards in consecutive weeks. He finishes with 452 yards in the last 4 games.

The problem was Shaun Hill and the defenses stacking the box with him not being able to take advantage of 1 on 1 coverage downfield.
Share 49ersWebzone