Brian Gilmore
Taylor Jacobs
Antonio Bryant
Ashey Lelie
Brandon Jones
Jason McAddley
Bryant Johnson
Isaac Bruce

Jackson was acquired via trade from Seattle.

And you are forgetting that we were completely rebuilding.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Its all good when we sign T.O. In the offseason.

You know what? ..I'm all for bringing in T.O, as long he is told Gore, Crabtree and Davis are the big three and whatever plays he makes will be all gravy, I'm sure he wants out of Buffalo and wants to play for us again, but if he pulls an "Iverson" and acts like he should get the lions share of touches, then he can go elsewhere, but if he comes here with a positive attitude and becomes a team player, he could really add an explosive element to the offense

I would love to have TO back too, but according to Matt Maiocco, there are still people in the building holding a grudge and want nothing to do with him. Sing inquired about TO's services last off-season but was over-ruled by McClaughan, who thought Brandon Jones was a better fit. Too bad, I think TO has finally learned his lesson. Despite inconsistent QB play in a losing season, TO was much behaved in Buffalo
Originally posted by vermonator:

You know what? ..I'm all for bringing in T.O, as long he is told Gore, Crabtree and Davis are the big three and whatever plays he makes will be all gravy, I'm sure he wants out of Buffalo and wants to play for us again, but if he pulls an "Iverson" and acts like he should get the lions share of touches, then he can go elsewhere, but if he comes here with a positive attitude and becomes a team player, he could really add an explosive element to the offense

I would love to have TO back too, but according to Matt Maiocco, there are still people in the building holding a grudge and want nothing to do with him. Sing inquired about TO's services last off-season but was over-ruled by McClaughan, who thought Brandon Jones was a better fit. Too bad, I think TO has finally learned his lesson. Despite inconsistent QB play in a losing season, TO was much behaved in Buffalo

With TO, the pot is still brewing. I don't think he blew up his first year in Dallas or Philly. It wass not until his second or third year did he start talking smack about the QB's...

Hopefully Jones gets a bigger role this year. He made a pretty athletic catch, for which the only ball that I saw was catchable...
Originally posted by SJniner7:

With TO, the pot is still brewing. I don't think he blew up his first year in Dallas or Philly. It wass not until his second or third year did he start talking smack about the QB's...

Hopefully Jones gets a bigger role this year. He made a pretty athletic catch, for which the only ball that I saw was catchable...

I think Jones gets cut this off-season and the TO curse continues. I understand he was injured during training camp and all, but one catch and a muffed reverse doesn't cut it. He's being paid way too much money for that kind of production, or lack there of.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

I think Jones gets cut this off-season and the TO curse continues. I understand he was injured during training camp and all, but one catch and a muffed reverse doesn't cut it. He's being paid way too much money for that kind of production, or lack there of.

Jones was tearing it up in camp and preseason. Writers and coaches alike were practically gushing about his hands, route running and speed. Then, he gets hurt and lands in Sing's doghouse and never really got a chance after that (except the ill-advised punt return duties). He deserves a real chance and I'm betting, will impress again. I believe he has more upside than the underachieving Morgan, who struck me as slower than advertised (both speed and quickness). Next camp should be interesting.
Originally posted by GEEK:
You are forgetting a lot of them.

Johnnie Morton
Curtis Conway
Brian Gilmore
Taylor Jacobs
Antonio Bryant
Ashey Lelie
Brandon Jones
Jason McAddley
Bryant Johnson
Isaac Bruce

AB actually did alright

That's b/c he's 36 and on a one year contract. he wants to get paid Give him a 2 or 3 year contract and watch what happens. He hasn't learned anything.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
pretty much sums up this thread:

you know how i know Fred Smoot is gay?
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Antonio Bryant?

Damn you, Mike Nolan.

Would have been a keeper if he could have stayed out of trouble. Bryant and Smith worked well together...........
Let's just ask each each other one honest question. If you were a competent
NFL quality receiver that hadn't been in trouble, or had a history of injuries, would you have wanted to come to the 49ers prior to maybe last year?

I think the only answer is an emphatic NO!

I think it's amazing that they got Bruce to come here.

Johnnie Morton
Curtis Conway
Brian Gilmore
Taylor Jacobs
Antonio Bryant
Ashey Lelie
Brandon Jones
Jason McAddley
Bryant Johnson
Isaac Bruce

i think Taylor Jacobs was too, from the Redskins i think.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Johnnie Morton
Curtis Conway
Brian Gilmore
Taylor Jacobs
Antonio Bryant
Ashey Lelie
Brandon Jones
Jason McAddley
Bryant Johnson
Isaac Bruce

Curtis Conway... man that guy was goooood.

He was actually decent. But that was long before the Niners got him.
And, moving on:

49ers Sign Four to Future Contracts
Posted 33 minutes ago

The San Francisco 49ers announced on Wednesday that they have signed OT Alex Boone, LB Martail Burnett, DT Khalif Mitchell and WR Dominique Zeigler to future contracts. All four players ended the 2009 season on the 49ers practice squad.

Originally posted by DaysOfGlory:
And, moving on:

49ers Sign Four to Future Contracts
Posted 33 minutes ago

The San Francisco 49ers announced on Wednesday that they have signed OT Alex Boone, LB Martail Burnett, DT Khalif Mitchell and WR Dominique Zeigler to future contracts. All four players ended the 2009 season on the 49ers practice squad.

These guys are signed for next year? lol
Zeigler just keeps hanging on. Love it! I think he's one of those guys way back in the roster that, if given a legitimate chance, can be a productive and valuable receiver. I'd sure like to see him put on 5-10 lbs though.
Share 49ersWebzone