LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Why was Sing hired in the first place?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He represented great value to the YORKIES. Instead of paying $5 - $6 MILLION they got a bargain basement value HC. That's what they always seek. Good value rather than a great coach with experience. Plus they didn't have to go through the TEDIUS interview process of looking at 3, 5, 7 candidates and narrowing it down which is stressful and time consuming. The YORKIES have been mailing it in for years. They don't try. That should be obvious by now.

1) Great Value (CHEAP).
2) Don't have to go through the tedius interview process (too much work).

Plus we have JED "Silver Spoon" YORKIE who is a 27 year old Billionaires kid who ZERO experience at anything in life. He is completely overmatched and overwhelmed. Singletary probably gave him one good speech or said some motivational words about Vernon Davis and Spoon gave him the job.

Our organization is a joke. Probably only the Raiders and Lions are worse.

I find it amusing that it seems just me and San Diego 49er are the only ones calling the Yorkies out as cheap skates. I wonder where all the York haters went after DumpYork.com stop being maintained? I think I am the only one who came here.

I find it amusing that you are agreeing with a troll that said only the Raiders and the Lions have a worse organization than us. I can name quite a few off the top of my head. Rams, Seahawks, Browns (Holmgren hasn't proven anything yet), Chiefs, Buccs and I'm sure there are more.

I can't believe I'm seeing so much complaining after Sing took us to our first non losing season in 7 years. Also, take a look around the NFL and you'll realize the 49ers are on the way up, not stuck in the dregs anymore like all the teams I listed above.

Please add Washington to this this as they and the Raiders have to suck the most. You also can not call the Yorks Cheap as they have doled out lots of Rookie money and Fa money
. updated the practice facilitys and if not for some crack smokers in SF politics would probably have a stadium on the build.

I agree. Calling the Yorks "cheap" is no longer an excuse. They may not throw nonsensical amounts of cash out there but they've certainly shown they're willing to spend in the past couple years. Maybe if this conversation had taken place a few years ago, I would agree that they are cheap. In terms of the present, that's not the issue.

As for SanDiego49er, he should change his name to SanDiegoCharger because this guy slams the Niners more than anyone I've seen. I'm critical and all but if you told this guy the sky was blue he'd give you 1,000 reasons why it's orange.

Personally, I continue to support Singletary. This was his first full season and he's dealing with (IMO) a sub-par QB and OC. HOWEVER, for the sake of continuity and a lack of better options, we need to stick with the QB and OC and I think we'll get far enough to make the playoffs next season.
As a previous poster mentioned earlier,RESULTS! The team loves him and will continue to play hard for him,he's growing as a coach and he's showing he is flexible.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by Winners:
Originally posted by BobS:
He represented great value to the YORKIES. Instead of paying $5 - $6 MILLION they got a bargain basement value HC. That's what they always seek. Good value rather than a great coach with experience. Plus they didn't have to go through the TEDIUS interview process of looking at 3, 5, 7 candidates and narrowing it down which is stressful and time consuming. The YORKIES have been mailing it in for years. They don't try. That should be obvious by now.

1) Great Value (CHEAP).

Plus we have JED "Silver Spoon" YORKIE who is a 27 year old Billionaires kid who ZERO experience at anything in life. He is completely overmatched and overwhelmed. Singletary probably gave him one good speech or said some motivational words about Vernon Davis and Spoon gave him the job.

I find it amusing that it seems just me and San Diego 49er are the only ones calling the Yorkies out as cheap skates. I wonder where all the York haters went after DumpYork.com stop being maintained? I think I am the only one who came here.

I find it amusing that you are agreeing with a troll that said only the Raiders and the Lions have a worse organization than us. I can name quite a few off the top of my head. Rams, Seahawks, Browns (Holmgren hasn't proven anything yet), Chiefs, Buccs and I'm sure there are more.

I can't believe I'm seeing so much complaining after Sing took us to our first non losing season in 7 years. Also, take a look around the NFL and you'll realize the 49ers are on the way up, not stuck in the dregs anymore like all the teams I listed above.

Please add Washington to this this as they and the Raiders have to suck the most. You also can not call the Yorks Cheap as they have doled out lots of Rookie money and Fa money
. updated the practice facilitys and if not for some crack smokers in SF politics would probably have a stadium on the build.

I agree. Calling the Yorks "cheap" is no longer an excuse. They may not throw nonsensical amounts of cash out there but they've certainly shown they're willing to spend in the past couple years. Maybe if this conversation had taken place a few years ago, I would agree that they are cheap. In terms of the present, that's not the issue.

As for SanDiego49er, he should change his name to SanDiegoCharger because this guy slams the Niners more than anyone I've seen. I'm critical and all but if you told this guy the sky was blue he'd give you 1,000 reasons why it's orange.

Personally, I continue to support Singletary. This was his first full season and he's dealing with (IMO) a sub-par QB and OC. HOWEVER, for the sake of continuity and a lack of better options, we need to stick with the QB and OC and I think we'll get far enough to make the playoffs next season.

Agreed! Look at all the loot we paid Clements and Justin Smith! Crabtree too,these guys are idiots complaining about the Yorks,Jed is doing a good job,Scotty M is the one who better have a good draft w our picks this year after passing up Flacco and Desean Jackson...
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by danimal:
Nobody better available at the time. Uh, define the time. At many points in the off season other HC candidates were up for talks.

Which coach that WAS hired by an NFL team last offseason would have been a better hire?

Rex Ryan comes to mind. Its debatable. My point is that post wasn't close to being a thread ender

Schwartz?
Spagnuolo?
[ Edited by danimal on Jan 6, 2010 at 2:37 PM ]
Ahhhhh....the thoughts of having both Shannahans!!! Oh wait...
Singletary? Why did you fire Everest??

Bad move to fire the special team coach. The bad punt and kick returns where NOT because of the schemes. They were because of Battle, Jones, etc. They are bad return guys! Singletary NEEDS to LEARN that returning punts (and even kickoffs) is a SPECIALTY! You cannot just throw anybody in there and expect them to do well. They must be fearless, quick, fast, have wiggle, and vision! Did I mention fearless?? Singletary does not realize this. He cut Rossum who was a Probowl alternate last season. Did the schemes go bad after only 1 season OR did they cut a legitimate returner with nobody to replace him? Sure, Rossum was not as good as 2008, but still waaaaaaaaaaaay better than anybody else on the roster!
Imagine if we hired some one else for HC and they went 8-8 or worse, half the zone be pissed at the Yorks for not hiring Sing.
  • CalgaryNiner
  • Info N/A

1) Great Value (CHEAP).

Maybe he'll do as good as EDDIE "Silver Spoon" DEBARTOLO who was a 30 year old Billionaires kid who ZERO experience at anything in life. Read up on your history, dude. Jed took over the team in almost the exact same way Eddie did. I seem to recall that going pretty well...
[ Edited by CalgaryNiner on Jan 6, 2010 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by CalgaryNiner:

1) Great Value (CHEAP).

Maybe he'll do as good as EDDIE "Silver Spoon" DEBARTALO who was a 30 year old Billionaires kid who ZERO experience at anything in life. Read up on your history, dude. Jed took over the team in almost the exact same way Eddie did. I seem to recall that going pretty well...

I know the History... I know who Eddie D. was. But Jed is bred with YORKIE bloodlines too.... Eddie D. had no YORKIE blood lines and he was a winner. That's the difference.
  • CalgaryNiner
  • Info N/A
Anyone complaining about why we hired an inexperienced coach or blaming to York's for "cheaping out" and not hiring a proven super bowl winning coach should read this article:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/12/10/coaches/index.html

To sum it up, hiring a coach who has won a super bowl with a different team does not guarantee that you'll win a super bowl with him now. In fact, so far history has proven that you are guaranteed not to win a super bowl with him.
[ Edited by CalgaryNiner on Jan 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM ]

• CalgaryNiner
  • Info N/A

1) Great Value (CHEAP).

Maybe he'll do as good as EDDIE "Silver Spoon" DEBARTALO who was a 30 year old Billionaires kid who ZERO experience at anything in life. Read up on your history, dude. Jed took over the team in almost the exact same way Eddie did. I seem to recall that going pretty well...

I know the History... I know who Eddie D. was. But Jed is bred with YORKIE bloodlines too.... Eddie D. had no YORKIE blood lines and he was a winner. That's the difference.

Last time I checked, biological uncles and nephews share bloodlines (since Eddie is the brother of Denise Debartolo York).
[ Edited by CalgaryNiner on Jan 6, 2010 at 2:42 PM ]

1) Great Value (CHEAP).

Last time I checked, biological uncles and nephews share bloodlines (since Eddie is the brother of Denise Debartolo York).

1) Great Value (CHEAP).

They do on 1 side of the family but not on 2. There are 2 sides to a family... Eddie D. has no YORKIE bloodlines. And he was a winner...
Yes. The York blood is the infected stuff.

The ultimate question is. Can the strong and powerful Debartolo blood make up for the weak York blood?

The fate of this Franchise is at stake here. Jed really should have some kind of ritual performed on him.

Hey does Eddie have any kids?
Originally posted by MaliCali:
i would rather have a coach who can inspire a team who doesnt have the credentials, than a coach with decades of experience who has absolutely no motivational abilities..

Same here
Share 49ersWebzone