LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 242 users in the forums

Move David Baas to center

Shop Find 49ers gear online
While Adam Snyder was clearly the main weak link of a bad O-Line, I think Eric Heitman was also a weak link and has been the last few years. I would like to see the team at least consider moving Baas to center a posistion he played some at Michigan and a lot of teams and scouts had Baas projected as a better center than OG coming out of Michigan.

Sign a solid vetran LG and a O-Line of Staley-Vetran OG-Baas-Rachal-Bulaga (or another draft pick) looks pretty good.
Heitmann is a good piece of the o line. He's not great but very solid. why move a very solid player and replace him with a very shaky player who hasn't played that position since college?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Heitmann is a good piece of the o line. He's not great but very solid. why move a very solid player and replace him with a very shaky player who hasn't played that position since college?

We can't get a yard or an inch up the middle and we have struggled to do so the past few years and Heitman is the one guy who has been on the O-Line the last few years. He just doesen't have very good strength and struggles to get any kind of push and often times you see him on his back.

I think Baas ended the season on a strong note and I do think he can be a solid starting LG but I think he can be a very good center.
Well, i say move Baas back to C, and move heitman back to G, heitman was a awesome G before newberry left.
I have been saying this for years but just gave up on the argument becuase it seems it will never happen!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by lamontb:

We can't get a yard or an inch up the middle and we have struggled to do so the past few years and Heitman is the one guy who has been on the O-Line the last few years. He just doesen't have very good strength and struggles to get any kind of push and often times you see him on his back.

I think Baas ended the season on a strong note and I do think he can be a solid starting LG but I think he can be a very good center.

I just don't see it. Baas. Chilo, and Synder are the weak links of the line. Baas has been right there beside Heitmann getting no push. And sorry Baas having some good games at the end of the season doesn't erase all of his wackness. I'm down for anything that improves the o line I just don't see this as an improvement.
  • dj43
While Adam Snyder was clearly the main weak link of a bad O-Line, I think Eric Heitman was also a weak link and has been the last few years. I would like to see the team at least consider moving Baas to center a posistion he played some at Michigan and a lot of teams and scouts had Baas projected as a better center than OG coming out of Michigan.

Sign a solid vetran LG and a O-Line of Staley-Vetran OG-Baas-Rachal-Bulaga (or another draft pick) looks pretty good.

You ARE kidding?

Aren't you?

Seriously?

Do you truly believe Eric Heitmann is the weak link in the offensive line?

For real?

I have read some of your other posts and you seem like a reasonably knowledgeable guy but this I don't get at all. You CAN"T be watching the same games I am. Please go to the thread I put up this morning on the OL play-by-play analysis of the Ram game. Read through it as you re-watch the tape of the game, if you recorded it. When you are finished come back and report.
Originally posted by dj43:

You ARE kidding?

Aren't you?

Seriously?

For real?

I have read some of your other posts and you seem like a reasonably knowledgeable guy but this I don't get at all. You CAN"T be watching the same games I am. Please go to the thread I put up this morning on the OL play-by-play analysis of the Ram game. Read through it as you re-watch the tape of the game, if you recorded it. When you are finished come back and report.

Heitman is one of the worst starting Centers in the NFL! That is fact!

You ARE kidding?

Aren't you?

Seriously?

For real?

Yes, he is a weak link, he is not as bad as Snyder but he is and has been a weakness on the O-Line the last couple of years and is a big reason why we can't run the ball up the middle. How many times do you see Heitman pushing his man back? How many times have you seen him on the 2nd level blocking LB's? The answer is not many and just got watch the Lions game where Heitman got put on his ass by a backup DT and you realize Heitman struggles to get a push or hold containment. As for him playing well in the Rams game, he played okay I guess and he was going up against really two backup DT's but overall Eric Heitman is not a very good starting center in the NFL.
Better O-line thread

Check out Heightman's stats, not great but not bad. Center is the most important position on the line! The center makes protection calls on pass plays and is the "QB" of the line.

I blame Gregg Forrester for ALL of our linemen's inability to run block, I blame Sing for not addressing it, Sing has to be the coaches coach.

Coaches teach basics, coaches evaluate player skills coaches design plays to accent strengths, coaches decide who makes the team coaches decide who plays and when they play.
Since none of our O-line can seem to execute the run blocking scheme, I gotta blame the coaches, if it were one guy sure I blame him, but why do all of our linemen suck at run blocking, if it is not Gregg Forester's coaching?

Originally posted by MadMartz:

You ARE kidding?

Aren't you?

Seriously?

For real?

Based on what? What fact?
Heitman played at a pro bowl level last year. This year wasn't as good, but still very solid.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

You ARE kidding?

Aren't you?

Seriously?

For real?

The same fact that tell Shaun Hill has a noodle arm, he just can't past the eye test. It is like when you know a special player has "it". Sometimes the facts are what you see. Funny part about football is that the "facts" are awfully subjective.

You ARE kidding?

Aren't you?

Seriously?

For real?

Originally posted by MNNinerFan:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

You ARE kidding?

Aren't you?

Seriously?

For real?

The same fact that tell Shaun Hill has a noodle arm, he just can't past the eye test. It is like when you know a special player has "it". Sometimes the facts are what you see. Funny part about football is that the "facts" are awfully subjective.

Yeah, watch the tape and show me the push? Remeber when Newberry was here? Damn right you do because he was a monster and you knew it by watching him play! Heitman just doesnt have it. He is serviceable at best! He wouldnt start on many teams in the NFL!
Share 49ersWebzone