LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

Would you rather have the Niners be a..

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you rather have the Niners be a..

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
None of the above.

yeah, who needs a 6th trophy! screw it.

if we dont have 10 winning seasons and 5 more super bowls in the next decade, then screw it. might as well not play.
I'd like to see the 9ers consistently win ten or more games per season and three or more Superbowls in the next decade.
This is a dumb question, for the simple fact that you can't get to the superbowl unless you get into the playoffs. There for, you will never know if you could win the superbowl unless you get into the playoffs. You make no sense.
Is this what NINER football has become? You know what, as a fan of the NINERS I have come to expect a lot more from this organization. This organization has a RICH history; there are a lot of experience of past coaches and players who would be willing to help. However, this current regime continues to ignore them and do things their own way; good luck with that. I hear you guys, but I for one EXPECT BOTH. I will not lower my expectations because these clowns are unable/unwilling to draw from the vast pool of knowledge from their rich history.
  • quann4
  • Info N/A
If you are a TRUE 49ER'S FAN....then the ONLY OPTION is superbowl or bust. That is the mentality we had back in the 80's & 90's and when Sing talks about playing 49er football.....he is speaking of that mentality.

Anyone who voted for playoff's might not have seen it back then when that is what we expected so I cannot fault them for being naive, we just need to inform them that it is unacceptable and not the 49er way.
  • quann4
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by insanemike27:
This is a dumb question, for the simple fact that you can't get to the superbowl unless you get into the playoffs. There for, you will never know if you could win the superbowl unless you get into the playoffs. You make no sense.

I think your wrong. What he is talking about is out of ten years, not making the playoff's for 9 out of the 10, then on the tenth year slip in to win the big dance. I think you misunerstood the question.

Personally I want to slip and win one and suffer for 9 years. I don't want to be Philly.....hopes high every year and nothing to show for it.
Originally posted by smileyman:
Super Bowl or bust!
You guys basically want to be the Raiders. Suck every year, and then happen to slip into the playoffs one year and win the superbowl (except the Raiders didn't win)? I would rather be in the playoffs every year, because that is more niner games that I get to watch, and less games I get to watch with disgust as we have done with the past seven years...

Superbowl or bust? no thanks!
I wasn't a fan of football when the 49ers last made the Superbowl.

I was a fan of football when the 49ers last made the playoffs.

That being said, I'd prefer the Superbowl win.

-9fA
Originally posted by quann4:
Originally posted by insanemike27:

I think your wrong. What he is talking about is out of ten years, not making the playoff's for 9 out of the 10, then on the tenth year slip in to win the big dance. I think you misunerstood the question.

Personally I want to slip and win one and suffer for 9 years. I don't want to be Philly.....hopes high every year and nothing to show for it.

Exactly, I didn't think I had to explain that part.

Originally posted by SJniner7:
You guys basically want to be the Raiders. Suck every year, and then happen to slip into the playoffs one year and win the superbowl (except the Raiders didn't win)? I would rather be in the playoffs every year, because that is more niner games that I get to watch, and less games I get to watch with disgust as we have done with the past seven years...

Superbowl or bust? no thanks!

Cool. Thanks for being honest and explaining your reasons.
it doesn't work that way
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
eagles or buccaneers ?

these are pretty much your choices. 03' Bucs or the Eagles of the Decade never winning it all but have been a great team.
Both
I would rather see the NINERS go undefeated and win the SB 10times in a row. But since I can't have that choice I'll take a subpar below .500 and win a SB within a decade. Then again winning games does sound nice.
Share 49ersWebzone