LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

QB Q&A--Sings Words

Shop Find 49ers gear online
(Asked by MM)On why 49ers quarterbacks have started well and hit a wall the last couple of seasons:

“First of all, I have not seen Alex hit a wall. I have to be very honest there, that is why I am looking forward to the next two games. I have not seen him hit a wall. I think he has been consistent. We can go back to the Tennessee game and you say, ‘Hey, he had four turnovers.’ No, no he didn’t. There was some help that he had in that game, and it was the same in this game. It is a shame to me that every time a quarterback throws an interception that automatically it’s him. The guy is off, well he stinks. I think it is very important, and you have to evaluate it as the coach and make sure that you are looking at that quarterback and not destroy him and forget about the other parties involved. Is it the line, are they giving him enough protection? Is it the receivers, are they getting where they are supposed to go? Is there a trust factor, that receiver, can he trust him? There are a lot of different issues, which is why when I look at the film I am very encouraged. I don’t have a situation in here where I am sitting back thinking, ‘Man, I thought Alex was making progress and now I don’t know.’ I’m not there at all, I promise you. I feel very good about his progression and the fact that he has only played a month and a half, maybe two, I am very encouraged by what I have seen in a short amount of time for a guy who has been out of football for a couple of years.”

After reading this fellas, why cant we just put personal bias aside and support our team going into 2010.

I mean Im a Smith supporter, but I say 2010 is it for him, If he does start and doesnt get it done, then his ass is gone too. However, why cant we as fans just come together and support the team.

Already there are posts about 2011. Bout 2010, being a total washout, and we didnt even finish this season yet. I'm just saying overall, Sing isnt an TEAM excuse guy, he tells you what he feels whether you like it or not.

His words above shows me that he recognizes other faults on the offense and not just the qb play. From those words, if you draw any other conclusion other then that it's about the team, and your first words are Alex Smith this or that negatively. Then honestly you shouldnt even write at all next year, because it would be nice to start a season out positively and consistently with the same team for another full year.
mods you can lock, or merge this with Singletary apologizes thread.

Thanks
Agree
ive been a niner fan all my life.very disappointed in singletary for him to say that the ball that alex threw to vernon over the middle on the first pick in the eagles game was vernons fault.sure i am mad at vernon for giving up.but the placement on that throw was not even close.alex has no arm as he already admitted.shaun hill has a long of 51 or 61with no yac.alex cant even hit 20 yarders on a cosistant basis
Originally posted by bigdon76:
ive been a niner fan all my life.very disappointed in singletary for him to say that the ball that alex threw to vernon over the middle on the first pick in the eagles game was vernons fault.sure i am mad at vernon for giving up.but the placement on that throw was not even close.alex has no arm as he already admitted.shaun hill has a long of 51 or 61with no yac.alex cant even hit 20 yarders on a cosistant basis

Placement was perfect. LOFT was the issue. Combine that with the Iggles waiting for that play and you get an INT.

I put that one 33.33% on Smith and 66.66% on VD.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by bigdon76:

Placement was perfect. LOFT was the issue. Combine that with the Iggles waiting for that play and you get an INT.

I put that one 33.33% on Smith and 66.66% on VD.

I agree. That ball came down like a punt. It hung up in the air for what seemed like an eternity.

LB
Share 49ersWebzone