LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 449 users in the forums

For all you season-ticket holders!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know a lot of you go to many many games so I'm just trying to get some insider advice. I bought my dad tickets to the Lions game this upcoming Sunday. It's his FIRST live game can you believe it? I'm super pumped to be able to watch it with him. Anyway -- we live in San Jose and we're gonna go get breakfast before the game and then drive up to SF at about 9 am. I want to make this the best experience possible for him (that's why I bought Lions tickets cuz I'm hoping we win lol) and I need your guys' help!

My questions:
If anyone lives in San Jose -- my dad is planning on taking 280 to get there and avoid 101. Is there any specifically good way other than the obvious freeway off-ramps? I'm not worried about traffic I know it'll be in full force.

What time does the stadium open?

Do you get harassed by security if you don't sit in your seats to watch warm-ups?

Where would be a good spot to get signatures before the game (we have a little 49er shrine near on a mantle near our TV and I figure that would really seal the feel)?

I'm planning on moving down into the better sections (I'm UD 50 yard-line 3rd row) as the game progresses and people leave -- can you get kicked out for this?

Where is a good place to park? I know that there is s**tloads of traffic (I've been to a couple of games), but is there a better place than others to park before the game? Last time I parked in the dirt lot and it was like 4 hours to get out lol.

Thanks for the help guys!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I know a lot of you go to many many games so I'm just trying to get some insider advice. I bought my dad tickets to the Lions game this upcoming Sunday. It's his FIRST live game can you believe it? I'm super pumped to be able to watch it with him. Anyway -- we live in San Jose and we're gonna go get breakfast before the game and then drive up to SF at about 9 am. I want to make this the best experience possible for him (that's why I bought Lions tickets cuz I'm hoping we win lol) and I need your guys' help!

My questions:
If anyone lives in San Jose -- my dad is planning on taking 280 to get there and avoid 101. Is there any specifically good way other than the obvious freeway off-ramps? I'm not worried about traffic I know it'll be in full force.
Just take 101. If you leave by 9-9:30, it will take about 45 mins door to door. Traffic isn't too bad at this point. If you leave 10 or later, door to door will be at least sixty minutes and has often gotten to 90 minutes... 280 seems wayyyy too roundabout

What time does the stadium open? I believe 8AM

Do you get harassed by security if you don't sit in your seats to watch warm-ups?
There isn't even really regulation even during the game. I though they were going to start this year, but they didn't....

Where would be a good spot to get signatures before the game (we have a little 49er shrine near on a mantle near our TV and I figure that would really seal the feel)?
I usually don't get inside till just before kickoff, so I couldn't tell ya. But I have heard you can just march on the sidelines, and sometimes players will wander over for autographs...

I'm planning on moving down into the better sections (I'm UD 50 yard-line 3rd row) as the game progresses and people leave -- can you get kicked out for this?
They said they were going to regulate on this, but I have yet to see it. I am in LR28, and have not had tickets checked once...

Where is a good place to park? I know that there is s**tloads of traffic (I've been to a couple of games), but is there a better place than others to park before the game? Last time I parked in the dirt lot and it was like 4 hours to get out lol.
I park in the dirt lots for a few reasons. You park next to the stadium and you get cars coming through the whole time. The lots next to the stadium spaces are very tight. If you leave near the end of the game, it doesn't matter where you park, but it will be a long trip home, since they channel all traffic one way out of the dirt lots. I am not sure at what point they start this, but if you can get out before they start their "traffic control", you can exit with great ease. We usually just fire the BBQ back up, and have dinner, or you could leave after the third quarter

Answers in bold, hope that helps!
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

My questions:
Just take 101. If you leave by 9-9:30, it will take about 45 mins door to door. Traffic isn't too bad at this point. If you leave 10 or later, door to door will be at least sixty minutes and has often gotten to 90 minutes... 280 seems wayyyy too roundabout

What time does the stadium open? I believe 8AM

There isn't even really regulation even during the game. I though they were going to start this year, but they didn't....

I usually don't get inside till just before kickoff, so I couldn't tell ya. But I have heard you can just march on the sidelines, and sometimes players will wander over for autographs...

They said they were going to regulate on this, but I have yet to see it. I am in LR28, and have not had tickets checked once...

I park in the dirt lots for a few reasons. You park next to the stadium and you get cars coming through the whole time. The lots next to the stadium spaces are very tight. If you leave near the end of the game, it doesn't matter where you park, but it will be a long trip home, since they channel all traffic one way out of the dirt lots. I am not sure at what point they start this, but if you can get out before they start their "traffic control", you can exit with great ease. We usually just fire the BBQ back up, and have dinner, or you could leave after the third quarter

Answers in bold, hope that helps!

Thanks!!
My Answers:
Cant help you here.. I am from Texas dont know much about traveling there. use the info above for this question.

What time does the stadium open? Gates to the stadium for parking open between 7am and 8am, Gates to get into the Gold Mine open 3 hours before game time, Escalators to go watch warm-ups open 2 hours before game time.

No security is very leinent in this stadium. I always get in the stadium 2 hours before the game to take pre-game photos of the players. You really dont have to get to your seat until like gametime.

Where would be a good spot to get signatures before the game (we have a little 49er shrine near on a mantle near our TV and I figure that would really seal the feel)? Congrats on your shrine first off.. second, there is really no great place to get autographs at a home game. All i can suggest is hanging out by the players dugout and hoping for the best. The best place to get autographs is 49ers Training camp, with you living in San Jose that should be super easy for yall to attend since its in Santa Clara. Auto's are very very slim on game day, little better luck at away stadiums.

I'm planning on moving down into the better sections (I'm UD 50 yard-line 3rd row) as the game progresses and people leave -- can you get kicked out for this? Nah, i spent a whole season not even going to my season tickets the first year i had them because i didnt like how the crowd was up there i just sat near my friends in the lowers. As long as you move when your told to move and ur a home fan the fellow fans wont care.

Where is a good place to park? I know that there is s**tloads of traffic (I've been to a couple of games), but is there a better place than others to park before the game? Last time I parked in the dirt lot and it was like 4 hours to get out lol. Just park near the exit at any of the areas in the lot. seems to always work for my friends.

Your welcome[/b]
i believe this sunday is also fan appreciation day so you and your dad should get something extra! what they're giving out im not sure. enjoy the game!

go niners!
Taking the 280 to the 380 is the best way to go from the south bay. My seats are lower reserve 28 and the players warm up right in front of you, just walk down to the sidelines like your supposed to sit there. Get into the stadium about a hour before the game to see the warm-up. Best place to park is the business parking lot immediately to the left of the off ramp... never takes me more then 10 mins to get out once your back at your car. Have fun in the rain, see you there! Go Noners
I mean GO NINERS!. Stupid key's... so close together
Originally posted by lottslovechild:
Taking the 280 to the 380 is the best way to go from the south bay. My seats are lower reserve 28 and the players warm up right in front of you, just walk down to the sidelines like your supposed to sit there. Get into the stadium about a hour before the game to see the warm-up. Best place to park is the business parking lot immediately to the left of the off ramp... never takes me more then 10 mins to get out once your back at your car. Have fun in the rain, see you there! Go Noners

280 to 380 to 101 is by FAR the fastest way to the game. Been going this route for 20 years
Originally posted by FGore2121:

280 to 380 to 101 is by FAR the fastest way to the game. Been going this route for 20 years

Me too
Originally posted by RedRazor:
Originally posted by FGore2121:

Me too

it's also the farthest

If you leave around 9, 101 isn't bad at all

I usually drive but I'm taking caltrain this game.
It's only like a mile from the bayshore stop and the stadium
thanks for all the input guys i'm pretty sure my dad wants to take the 280-380 way. that parking lot off the offramp sounds nice. i'll have to give it a shot
Next time Philly comes to our house lets smash some beaks!
Share 49ersWebzone