This is why we lost.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Frank Gore was a wrecking ball out there averaging 6.7 yards a carry. For some
unknown reason we only handed off to him 16 times the entire game. If he would
have gotten more carries, he may have broke one for a TD. At the least it would
have kept the offense from turning over the ball 4 times. Granted If anyone
watched the game they would only blame Alex for one of those and that was a
mistake out of frustration because he was being abused all game long. Fire Chris
Foerster, we would be better off without him the rest of the season. You have two
jobs buddy, teach run blocking and pass blocking. Our run blocking is mediocre at
best and pass blocking is non existent. You can not blame that on every single lineman, because if it's the entire offensive line playing horrible it must be coaching.

Now on to the defense, what was Manusky thinking? Let's play zone the entire game, put Dre Bly over D Jack and have Spencer on the opposite side. I didn't even know Spencer was playing until the second half, I thought he was injured or
something. Come on, him and Goldson shut down Fitzgerald just last week. What is
the difference between given up 300 hundred yards on a bunch of short passes or
given up a few big plays down field, you still have to cover someone. Zone only
works when you can get constant pressure on the QB, we could not do that and the
result was a 10 year vet sitting back picking the zone apart. Thank you for another
disappointing season, now to keep my interset in football through the rest of the
season, I have to pick a team to root for in the playoffs. Last year I was pulling for
Arizona, this year I think I might go with Green Bay.

F Arizona and Green Bay-are you a true Niner fan?
Because the other team scored more points than us?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Because the other team scored more points than us?
Originally posted by obx49:
Three INT's, turnover in the redzone, and a QB who doesn't belong in the NFL.

I thought that the "SHOTGUN SPREAD EM' OUT" offense was gonna cure the INT problems because Smith can't work directly behind the center?

Things were changed to accommodate his wishes and was suppose to bring out his greatness. I can see now how it's working to perfection!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Agreed. We should have ran more this game as with the Seattle game. Take what the defense is giving us. Some games we might need to be a Shotgun team, others a running team. Figure it out coaches...

Secondly, (a response to another post but this works with your thread too) I want a FS so we can move Goldson to SS PERIOD!!! Don't just blame Lewis, Bly basically just passed Jackson off to Lewis and Lewis passed him off to know one. It's like these CBs say, you take him and the safeties in turn say no you take him when nobody else is left. Trust me, it goes on a lot in the NFL. By the way, WHY ARE OUR TWO SLOWEST COVER GUYS ON THE FASTEST GUY ON THE FIELD? f**kING STUPID. We actually had a chanceat 20-13 if we stopped them and Bly/Lewis didn't give up that big play.

Spencer or whoever is our fastest cover corner should have been on Jackson not Slow (Bly) and Slower (Lewis).

don't talk about matchups problems, there's none !
do you know a team that would put a rookie CB that never played a down one on one when a game's on the line ? ...
Yes
Which team ? ...
The niners
When mr smart guy ? ...
vs hawks in seattle two weeks ago
Oopssssssssssss

I guess this team has matchups problems !

Dear Santa,
could you give my beloved niners a decent DB for 2010 and a coach that is aware matchups is an essential part of the game ?
Thx
49Fever

Dear God, (or whoever is powerfull enough)
could you take a second of your time to help make my team a winner in 2010 (cos right now without any masterfull intervention in the offseason we're playoffs bound ... NOT)
Thx
See you
49Fever
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

I thought that the "SHOTGUN SPREAD EM' OUT" offense was gonna cure the INT problems because Smith can't work directly behind the center?

Things were changed to accommodate his wishes and was suppose to bring out his greatness. I can see now how it's working to perfection!

That experiment sure didn't work. Let's see how many project QBs, offensive coordinators, head coaches, and gimmick offenses do we have to go through until we hire a Shannahan/Holmgren type coach so that guy can finally bring back the WCO.
Originally posted by susweel:
We lost because they are a better team then us plain and simple.

I dont why anyone expected us to beat Philly, they are the hottest team in the NFC right now.

Plus they always play us well. I stopped betting my friend on eagles 49er games a while ago
Originally posted by Super5:
mistake out of frustration because he was being abused all game long. Fire Chris
Foerster, we would be better off without him the rest of the season. You have two
jobs buddy, teach run blocking and pass blocking. Our run blocking is mediocre at
best and pass blocking is non existent. You can not blame that on every single lineman, because if it's the entire offensive line playing horrible it must be coaching.

Now on to the defense, what was Manusky thinking? Let's play zone the entire game, put Dre Bly over D Jack and have Spencer on the opposite side. I didn't even know Spencer was playing until the second half, I thought he was injured or
something. Come on, him and Goldson shut down Fitzgerald just last week. What is
works when you can get constant pressure on the QB, we could not do that and the
result was a 10 year vet sitting back picking the zone apart. Thank you for another
disappointing season, now to keep my interset in football through the rest of the
season, I have to pick a team to root for in the playoffs. Last year I was pulling for

F Arizona and Green Bay-are you a true Niner fan?

What? so I'm not allowed to enjoy the post season because I'm a Niner fan, give me a break buddy. I've been a 49er fan for longer than I can remember, so don't question my fan hood. OK! Atleast I don't sit on this web page 24/7 because I don't have a life complaining about every little thing that goes wrong. You guys on here want to get rid of everyone every week and hate everyone on the team and yet you all call yourselves Niner fans. I really don't give a crap what you or anyone else thinks of me so go find someone else to mess with.
jobs buddy, teach run blocking and pass blocking.
Our run blocking is mediocre at

As far as I am concerned Run and Pass blocking are the same. You blow the Defense off the ball every snap. Then they don't know WHICH is coming at them. Anything less is failure. Leave the intricate blocking alone. But that's just me.

~Ceadder

This.

• Slippy509
  • Info N/A
We couldnt run gore more because we have noyone to spell him that is a running threat. We put robinson in on one play and smash done. I agree that we should not have had bly and lewis to bracket DJack. THAT was stupid! Plus, that game meant a ton to Philly to keep pace for division title. ASK ANY DALLAS fan and they will tell you that!
We can beat any team. We just beat ourselves all the time
This is why we lost
This is why we lost

This is why
This is why

This is why we lost
This is why we lost
This is why we lost

This is why
This is why
This is why we lost

We lost cause we suck
They didn't cause they don't

This is why
This is why
This is why we lost
Originally posted by RonMexico:
This is why we lost
This is why we lost

This is why
This is why

This is why we lost
This is why we lost
This is why we lost

This is why
This is why
This is why we lost

We lost cause we suck
They didn't cause they don't

This is why
This is why
This is why we lost

Exactly my thoughts. Good one
No

The Walker fumble just blew the wind out of our sails. It was all downhill after that, like Sing says, this team has no margin for error. One big mistake and we fall like a house of cards. Walker fumbles, then the turnovers start to mount like some kind of weird voodoo curse. Until we can get over that MENTAL hump, then we can have a significant margin of error, we will pull out wins even when we make multiple mistakes.
Share 49ersWebzone