There are 128 users in the forums

Owner/Management Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Owner/Management Thread

Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by HandBert:
This team needs a new owner who understands what it takes to win in the modern NFL

its pretty simple. You hand the reigns over to experienced and respected GM's and HC's

And, promote a great work environment and a nice reward system for your best people to stay on board and not be so easily tempted by the other owners.

Its not rocket science.

I won't get into the stadium stuff, cus I don't have the first idea how to get that done.
i believe the yorks are secretly happy that the team is doing sh!tty and there's unrest among the fans and the bay area for they would have an easy way out. if they leave they should not be allowed to take the "49ers" name.

they can be LA Cougars
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i believe the yorks are secretly happy that the team is doing sh!tty and there's unrest among the fans and the bay area for they would have an easy way out. if they leave they should not be allowed to take the "49ers" name.

they can be LA Cougars

I don't think they are pulling a "Major League" scam. I think it is more so they have found a profit margin that they like and don't see the need to change anything. Seeing as how the tickets sell regardless.
transfer ownership back to eddie D
Originally posted by English:
No.

I don't see them as being the problem. For NT they are just convenient whipping boys after losses and they get forgotten after wins.

What wins? You mean the few and far between wins? When was the last time this team had a win streak longer than 2? Do any of us even know what that feels like anymore? I think the fact that this team has failed to field a winning team in 7 years under this current regime is what we're talking about. Even the Lions win every now now and then. Hat's off to the owners I guess.

Poor ownership begets poor management, begets poor coaches, begets poor coaching, begets poor scouting, begets Rumphs, Balmers, Woods, and other abject failures, begets poor results even with high #1 draft picks year in and year out.

We all know they're trying but what does it matter when they don't know how to get there? "There" being the postseason.

I would love nothing more to be completely wrong here but I'm seriously struggling here with the belief that Jed=hope. That he's cut from the same cloth as Uncle Eddie. He's clearly not. Eddie wouldn't have cried while firing Nolan mainly becaus e he wouldn't have been here in the 1st place with is dumbass play not to lose philosophy.

I would love to believe that Sing is a great coach in the making. Is he? He's done some good things here and there but he's also put a face of instability on the 9ers organization.

I'm done believing that Alex is someday going to develop into a great QB (due partly to his own abilities and partly to our mismanagement of him. He's a great guy and shown himself to be a hard worker but it is what it is.)

I'd love nothing more than to sit down and watch the game tonight and watch the 9ers take it the Saints and I'll be rooting for them to do just that but I'm not holding my breath. If they do I'll be as ecstatic as the next guy.

I'd love nothing more than for the Yorks to wake up some day soon after an epiphany and sell the team to say... Joe Montana/Ronnie Lott-who're interested in buying or to Steve Young/Brent Jones-who're also interested. People who are intimate with the 9ers past and love the 9ers past. People who aren't ashamed of Eddie's misdeeds because his accomplishments far outweigh them.

So yes, YES. SELL THE DAMN TEAM TO SOMEBODY WITH A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by jed_york:
This team reflects the value of the ownership.

The ownership are conservative traditional value people; our team use plays that was popular in the days of leather helmets. we employ people that can call plays used by leather helmets.

The ownership also are people of faith, our team's head coach and senior management all proudly carry over sized gold cross.

Every time our team hit the field, the angels cheered.

Let's leave the religion and politics out of the discussion shall we? In fact it has little to do with anything here. Asserting otherwise is goofy. Would it make the losses feel better if he wore a Planet Green or ACLU medallion instead? Nolan kept it classy San Diego in a suit. Is that why we lost or was he just incompetent?

There are plenty of successful businesses run by so called conservatives or people of faith. Moreover our most successful QB's are products of faith based Universities. Joe Montana went to a Catholic school, Steve Young went to a Mormon school. Who TFCares?

Religious bigotry isn't any smarter than racism. Stay on task here, my friend.

[ Edited by TDilvr on Sep 20, 2010 at 13:39:54 ]
Originally posted by sixbricks:
How bout sell it to Mark Cuban

Right now he seems to be interested in investing in tequila, but that deal is no sure thing.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
I would love nothing more to be completely wrong here but I'm seriously struggling here with the belief that Jed=hope. That he's cut from the same cloth as Uncle Eddie. He's clearly not. Eddie wouldn't have cried while firing Nolan mainly because he wouldn't have been here in the 1st place with is dumbass play not to lose philosophy.

You don't get it, it was emotional to fire one's own mentor, knowing one has so much more to learn from him. After much begging, coach nolan finally gave in and hand picked coach singletary to take over and carry on the 7 years plan. It was at that point, tears just came pouring involuntarily.
Originally posted by belle:
Yes
www.jersey-boys.com

SPAM
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
i say YES if the team still stays in the Bay Area.

Hell yes. I'm f**king tired of all this NONSTOP LOSING!!

We will all die before this franchise can win number 6. Book it.
Oh man, now more than ever. That disgraceful performance, in front of all our greatest heroes, on Monday Night Football.....please, make it stop.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Oh man, now more than ever. That disgraceful performance, in front of all our greatest heroes, on Monday Night Football.....please, make it stop.

On the contrary, today didn't surprise me at all.
  • Veteran
Please sell, I beg you!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 190836:
Please sell, I beg you!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone