There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Owner/Management Thread

Owner/Management Thread

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i can't believe 80% say yes. i dont see how ownership has been the problem. we have talent on this team and the coaches don't know how to use it, its that simple.

LMAO.

Who do you think is hiring the Head Coach?

Also, you are inflating the amount of talent we really have. Our GM's have been among the worst of the decade. Only a few teams have drafted worst than the Niners.

Who do you think is hiring the GM's?

Also, for the position of Franchise QB, most owners are involved in that decision...because they know that person could outlast their coaches and GM's.

Lets review who the John York was very much responsible for.

EricksonDonahue
Nolan
Alex Smith
McCloughlan
Singletary

If those are not root problems I am afraid I don't know what a root problem is.

There is only one valid reason to support the Yorks. That is the hope that Jed is more Eddie than John. No other reason is valid.

First of all, let's forget the past. this is Jed York's team now and i think he's much different from his father. When singletary was hired i bet you were excited, now that we have one loss on the table you 'foresaw' that singletary was a horrible head coach and we never should have hired him.

It's bulls**t that some of you think you know much more than the ownership because of your hindsight bias. Because of what you know now, you act like you would have done something different than what York had done before.

No ones saying, "oh I could do such a better job running this team", etc. The fact remains that the Yorks have owned this team for awhile now. Their business model is not working. They haven't been successful. Just about everyone of their front office hires have been an epic fail. We're quickly approaching 10 years without a playoff appearance. The NFL, more than any other professional sports organization is built for parity and for teams to turn their fortunes around quickly. Those are facts. Could I do a better job? Probably not. But that doesn't mean that this pathetic group deserves more chances to drive this organization into the ground.

My biggest problem has been with the 49ers getting away from the West Coast Offense. For years we had, creative, brilliant offensive coaches. Half the league still runs some form of the west coast offense. Why doesn't the team that perfected the system(and won 5 super bowls with it) still run it???

[ Edited by Druckenmiller14 on Sep 14, 2010 at 23:10:58 ]
This team reflects the value of the ownership.

The ownership are conservative traditional value people; our team use plays that was popular in the days of leather helmets. we employ people that can call plays used by leather helmets.

The ownership also are people of faith, our team's head coach and senior management all proudly carry over sized gold cross.

Every time our team hit the field, the angels cheered.
Be careful what you wish for. It could lead quickly to the LA49ers
Originally posted by English:
Be careful what you wish for. It could lead quickly to the LA49ers

Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by English:
Be careful what you wish for. It could lead quickly to the LA49ers


Scuse me while I vomit.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i can't believe 80% say yes. i dont see how ownership has been the problem. we have talent on this team and the coaches don't know how to use it, its that simple.

LMAO.

Who do you think is hiring the Head Coach?

Also, you are inflating the amount of talent we really have. Our GM's have been among the worst of the decade. Only a few teams have drafted worst than the Niners.

Who do you think is hiring the GM's?

Also, for the position of Franchise QB, most owners are involved in that decision...because they know that person could outlast their coaches and GM's.

Lets review who the John York was very much responsible for.

EricksonDonahue
Nolan
Alex Smith
McCloughlan
Singletary

If those are not root problems I am afraid I don't know what a root problem is.

There is only one valid reason to support the Yorks. That is the hope that Jed is more Eddie than John. No other reason is valid.

First of all, let's forget the past. this is Jed York's team now and i think he's much different from his father. When singletary was hired i bet you were excited, now that we have one loss on the table you 'foresaw' that singletary was a horrible head coach and we never should have hired him.

It's bulls**t that some of you think you know much more than the ownership because of your hindsight bias. Because of what you know now, you act like you would have done something different than what York had done before.

I think you may not be reading my post correct Phat, and neither are your applauders.

YOU SAID this First.

Quote:
i dont see how ownership has been the problem. we have talent on this team and the coaches don't know how to use it

I then pointed out the following...

Quote:
Who do you think is hiring the Head Coach?

I suggested the following first.....

Quote:
There is only one valid reason to support the Yorks. That is the hope that Jed is more Eddie than John. No other reason is valid.

Then you seconded what I already said...

Quote:
First of all, let's forget the past. this is Jed York's team now and i think he's much different from his father.

So do you care to retort on my dismissal of your original implication that coaches are the root problem and not ownership??? Or do you want to just keep agreeing with me while posing it in a way that you are somehow pwning me?

Lastly...

Quote:
It's bulls**t that some of you think you know much more than the ownership

This is just your imagination, I never said I do. Obviously I wish the Yorks would sell to BETTER owners than themselves

[ Edited by danimal on Sep 15, 2010 at 10:46:22 ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by English:
Be careful what you wish for. It could lead quickly to the LA49ers


Scuse me while I vomit.



I know, my paint skills are horrid.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by English:
Be careful what you wish for. It could lead quickly to the LA49ers


Scuse me while I vomit.
As long as the Yorks sell the team to an owner that will keep them in San Francisco

And in a perfect world the new owner would have some knowledge of football and be aggressive in fixing weak areas and hired a GM with a proven track record, no more hiring an unproven talent evaluator and "hope" he works out
Sure...y not!!!
Wow you guys are Fin losers.....Im going to have to cut my time on here so I dont become like you guys. Why the hell are you debating this? Im sure the Yorks care that you tools think they should sell the team because they have sucked. They will dry there tears with all the money there raking in.
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Half the league still runs some form of the west coast offense. Why doesn't the team that perfected the system(and won 5 super bowls with it) still run it???

Because the WCO and the coaches who perfected it came under the purview of Eddie D. The Yorks have sought to put their own "stamp" on the team....and that started with dismantling more or less everything done under Eddie.
This team needs a new owner who understands what it takes to win in the modern NFL
There are a lot more things that keep me worried about this team.

Can't argue Jed isn't willing to spend money and wants to win; more than you can say about his father and a fair amount of other owners.
Originally posted by HandBert:
This team needs a new owner who understands what it takes to win in the modern NFL

its pretty simple. You hand the reigns over to experienced and respected GM's and HC's

And, promote a great work environment and a nice reward system for your best people to stay on board and not be so easily tempted by the other owners.

Its not rocket science.