Owner/Management Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Owner/Management Thread

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by valrod33:
no but can we sell some of our "fans"

We'd probably only get Mr. Irrelevent for the lot.

I'll add this (and I know I'm a bit older than the average grade school fan).

Has anyone here ever heard of the Irsay or Bidwell families? Yes, they are NFL
owners who for years couldn't field a competitive team. Let's see I think there teams are the Colts and the Cardinals respectively. Anyone remember the Rooney teams of the 60s? Didn't think so, those teams were the Steelers. Anyone remember the Eagles pre-Jeffrey Lurie? How about Tom Benson who wanted to move his team out New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Those teams have the same owners, and guess what they are doing pretty well.

Just a stroll down memory lane for some of us, and ancient history that they don't teach anymore for most of you.

I don't understand the point? It almost seems like you are saying that there is no such thing as bad ownership.

I get it, only after 40 years of losing should the fans question ownership. Well just 33 more years to go then people. Lets not be hasty or anything

this thread is just another way for people to b***h and complain about something, the only way to change this is become rich and try and buy the niners, if you cant do that just shut the f**k up

For real. Quit b***hing just for the sake of b***hing.
Originally posted by English:
No.

I don't see them as being the problem. For NT they are just convenient whipping boys after losses and they get forgotten after wins.
I vote no, like said before, when we lose, its all YORKS PLEASE SELL, but when we win, nothing about the Yorks being good or bad, wtf?

They arent cheap, they've spent milions on coaches and players, so their isnt a reason to call them cheap.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I vote no, like said before, when we lose, its all YORKS PLEASE SELL, but when we win, nothing about the Yorks being good or bad, wtf?

They arent cheap, they've spent milions on coaches and players, so their isnt a reason to call them cheap.

Did you forget how John York refused to pay Bill Walsh what he owed him? It was so bad that Walsh had mention it at Ralph and Tom's show right after he left the Niners. Did you forget about the water bottles that were taken away from the players or the belt buckles. Did you forget how they completely changed the culture of the 49ers and how they let go of so many hard working people at the 49ers HQ?
Originally posted by BobS:
I cannot believe 27% York supporters, tell me what they have done right. I wanted them gone the minute they came. I was a Dumpyork.com member and only came here after they stopped maintaining that site.

The 27% is the Yorks, relatives of the Yorks, and fans who think it's more important to have sh*tload of cap room than to make the playoffs and compete for a Super Bowl. As for Yorks getting no credit when the team wins, when the f*ck has this team won under their ownership? Since 2003 this team is 38-72. In the NFC only the Lions and 49ers haven't made the playoffs in that span. We're supposed to give those morons credit for that?
how about we have a day when all the webzone people go to a game an chant sell us with signs lol
Originally posted by 190836:
I cannot believe 27% York supporters, tell me what they have done right. I wanted them gone the minute they came. I was a Dumpyork.com member and only came here after they stopped maintaining that site.

I wish they would start that web site again, cause this ship is not sailing anywhere with Yorks as the owners.

Our capable VP of communcation and Paraag is working with Facebook to shut down a hateful anti ownership group. totally inappropriate associate words such as dump with the name of this ownership.
Originally posted by jed_york:

I wish they would start that web site again, cause this ship is not sailing anywhere with Yorks as the owners.

Our capable VP of communcation and Paraag is working with Facebook to shut down a hateful anti ownership group. totally inappropriate associate words such as dump with the name of this ownership.

Your punctuation and capitalization skills are lacking especially for a Notre Dame grad.

The ownership has totally changed this franchise from recklessly undisciplined train wreck to a well oiled machine that leads the league in value and faith. After decades of recklessness, we now have unparalleled value at all key position, all our senior management are people of faith, meeting starts with praising the good lord and end with chanting for the ownership.

The ownership has totally changed this franchise from recklessly undisciplined train wreck to a well oiled machine that leads the league in value and faith. After decades of recklessness, we now have unparalleled value at all key position, all our senior management are people of faith, meeting starts with praising the good lord and end with chanting for the ownership.

Take your religion bashing to the parking lot. This thread is about the Yorks ownership/managerial style and qualities.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Your punctuation and capitalization skills are lacking especially for a Notre Dame grad.

It's unkind to refer anyone as dump (*^ legacies.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Seriously? Another dumb thread. The 49ers lost to a Super Bowl contender that is peaking at the right time on the road. It's not the end of the world. The 49ers are still talent difficient at key spots that's preventing them from making the playoffs.
If they get the stadium done than no but if they can't even pull that off its time to go....
No.

I don't see them as being the problem. For NT they are just convenient whipping boys after losses and they get forgotten after wins.

Coming into this decade (when the Yorks took over) the Niners were in bad shape. The salary cap situation was about as bad as it could be. There was one year when the Niners were paying more to players no longer on the roster then the one's that were. But given a bad situation, the Yorks made it worse through two disastrous decisions: Donahue and Nolan. How could a guy who had never been more than an assistant coach be made head coach and general manager? How? Both Donahue and Nolan were able to persuade the Yorks to hang onto them when it should have been clear that these men were not competent to do the job they were being paid for. There has to be some concern about the judgement at the top.

I'm not counting the good doctors impulsive decision to fire Mariucci because I don't think Steve could have won with the teams the Niners fielded after 2002. Also, I could add how Dr. York changed the perception of Niners as a first-class organization with such petty things such as his highly public cost-saving measures like putting a lock around the freezer were the players got their gatorade.

Maybe Jed can do better. I'm not sure he can't. He seems to have a passion for it which already puts him way ahead of his father in my opinion. Get the stadium deal done. Keep the Niners in the Bay Area. Get the organization straightened and keep the team competitive year in and year out. Throw in a Super Bowl or two would be nice. I'm willing to wait and see before I form a definative opinion on young Mr. York.
Originally posted by BHulman:
No.

Coming into this decade (when the Yorks took over) the Niners were in bad shape. The salary cap situation was about as bad as it could be. There was one year when the Niners were paying more to players no longer on the roster then the one's that were. But given a bad situation, the Yorks made it worse through two disastrous decisions: Donahue and Nolan. How could a guy who had never been more than an assistant coach be made head coach and general manager? How? Both Donahue and Nolan were able to persuade the Yorks to hang onto them when it should have been clear that these men were not competent to do the job they were being paid for. There has to be some concern about the judgement at the top.

I'm not counting the good doctors impulsive decision to fire Mariucci because I don't think Steve could have won with the teams the Niners fielded after 2002. Also, I could add how Dr. York changed the perception of Niners as a first-class organization with such petty things such as his highly public cost-saving measures like putting a lock around the freezer were the players got their gatorade.

Maybe Jed can do better. I'm not sure he can't. He seems to have a passion for it which already puts him way ahead of his father in my opinion. Get the stadium deal done. Keep the Niners in the Bay Area. Get the organization straightened and keep the team competitive year in and year out. Throw in a Super Bowl or two would b
Quote:
I'm willing to wait and see before I form a definative opinion on young Mr. Yorke nice
. .

Best post in this thread in my opinion. esp the last sentence.

John York was a horrible owner as was his wife, without doubt. But Jed shows strong desire for this team to return to it's former glory, and they have opened their check books and signed some high $$ F/As in the offseason, Clements and J Smith have both been good additions.

I say give young Jed acouple years before setting a bomb under the seat of his car. Though I am not thrilled about keeping Singletary another year after all the costly mistakes he has made this season.
Share 49ersWebzone