There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Owner/Management Thread

Owner/Management Thread

Sell them to a Paki muhammidan from Fremont
I bet the Yorks think Rattay is still our QB
Well Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder have made their ownership make a big difference in performance haven't they. Jerry Jones "suggests" every year that changes will be made and then he shuffles Wade Phillips back into the role of HC where he has NEVER been a winner. He's also the guy that hired Campos and Barry Switzer.
Of course Barry took the Cowboys to the superbowl and won based on Jimmy Johnson's players and Jone's ego. That new edifice to Jerry's pride and ego has made a big difference as well.

Now Dan Snyders the kind of meddlesome owner we need. We can break his checkbook by either paying way to much for star players, or we sign some guys who had career years during their contract year for more money than the market would pay. Toss in a few alligator arm wide receivers (cue up Brandon Lloyd) and pay em big money.

Just a note to all the "faithful", Eddie's not going to own the team again. Sorry, it's just not going to happen.

Maybe someone who ran Merrill Lynch or sold their company to someone else at it's peak can buy it and run it. Maybe Obama can nationalize it and put Barney Frank into run the 49ers.
no but can we sell some of our "fans"
Originally posted by valrod33:
no but can we sell some of our "fans"

We'd probably only get Mr. Irrelevent for the lot.

I'll add this (and I know I'm a bit older than the average grade school fan).

Has anyone here ever heard of the Irsay or Bidwell families? Yes, they are NFL
owners who for years couldn't field a competitive team. Let's see I think there teams are the Colts and the Cardinals respectively. Anyone remember the Rooney teams of the 60s? Didn't think so, those teams were the Steelers. Anyone remember the Eagles pre-Jeffrey Lurie? How about Tom Benson who wanted to move his team out New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Those teams have the same owners, and guess what they are doing pretty well.

Just a stroll down memory lane for some of us, and ancient history that they don't teach anymore for most of you.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Dec 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by valrod33:
no but can we sell some of our "fans"

We'd probably only get Mr. Irrelevent for the lot.

I'll add this (and I know I'm a bit older than the average grade school fan).

Has anyone here ever heard of the Irsay or Bidwell families? Yes, they are NFL
owners who for years couldn't field a competitive team. Let's see I think there teams are the Colts and the Cardinals respectively. Anyone remember the Rooney teams of the 60s? Didn't think so, those teams were the Steelers. Anyone remember the Eagles pre-Jeffrey Lurie? How about Tom Benson who wanted to move his team out New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Those teams have the same owners, and guess what they are doing pretty well.

Just a stroll down memory lane for some of us, and ancient history that they don't teach anymore for most of you.

I don't understand the point? It almost seems like you are saying that there is no such thing as bad ownership.

I get it, only after 40 years of losing should the fans question ownership. Well just 33 more years to go then people. Lets not be hasty or anything
How bout sell it to Mark Cuban
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by valrod33:
no but can we sell some of our "fans"

We'd probably only get Mr. Irrelevent for the lot.

I'll add this (and I know I'm a bit older than the average grade school fan).

Has anyone here ever heard of the Irsay or Bidwell families? Yes, they are NFL
owners who for years couldn't field a competitive team. Let's see I think there teams are the Colts and the Cardinals respectively. Anyone remember the Rooney teams of the 60s? Didn't think so, those teams were the Steelers. Anyone remember the Eagles pre-Jeffrey Lurie? How about Tom Benson who wanted to move his team out New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Those teams have the same owners, and guess what they are doing pretty well.

Just a stroll down memory lane for some of us, and ancient history that they don't teach anymore for most of you.

I don't understand the point? It almost seems like you are saying that there is no such thing as bad ownership.

I get it, only after 40 years of losing should the fans question ownership. Well just 33 more years to go then people. Lets not be hasty or anything

this thread is just another way for people to b***h and complain about something, the only way to change this is become rich and try and buy the niners, if you cant do that just shut the f**k up
Why even have a vote about something that just wont happen. Yorks are here to stay and Eddie sadly isn't coming back. We should concentrate on things that could happen rather than things that won't.
Sure . . . why not? I'd also like a million bucks in my x-mas stocking, but that's not going to happen either.
There was a group involving Brent Jones and I think Steve Young that was interested, but Yorks wouldn't consider selling.

The group had $$ lined up for a stadium, without needing a handout from SF or Santa Clara. Would have been nice -- 49er football people in charge, new stadium, first class operation again (no more high school bands or other crappy halftime "entertainment").
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by valrod33:
no but can we sell some of our "fans"

We'd probably only get Mr. Irrelevent for the lot.

I'll add this (and I know I'm a bit older than the average grade school fan).

Has anyone here ever heard of the Irsay or Bidwell families? Yes, they are NFL
owners who for years couldn't field a competitive team. Let's see I think there teams are the Colts and the Cardinals respectively. Anyone remember the Rooney teams of the 60s? Didn't think so, those teams were the Steelers. Anyone remember the Eagles pre-Jeffrey Lurie? How about Tom Benson who wanted to move his team out New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Those teams have the same owners, and guess what they are doing pretty well.

Just a stroll down memory lane for some of us, and ancient history that they don't teach anymore for most of you.

So, what you are telling us emotionally distraught, knee-jerk, over-reacting fanatics is that success in the NFL doesn't have as much to do with ownership as we think?

That changes in ownership, coaches and players does not equal success and the Yorks selling the team would only mean more drastic change?

That it is not science or a great intuition that makes winners, but finding the right combination of coaches, players and front office people to make it work?

That "going forward" we fans can only hang on to the hope that this ever-changing organism known as the 49ers hits a lucky streak and we are able to win for a few years in-between the long and painful dry spells?

The painful truth is, we pretty much know that. But it doesn't make us feel as good as yelling about getting new owners/coaches/players/GMs.

So yell, b***h, moan and complain we must!!

FIRE THE YORKS!!!!
Originally posted by rapid4:
There was a group involving Brent Jones and I think Steve Young that was interested, but Yorks wouldn't consider selling.

The group had $$ lined up for a stadium, without needing a handout from SF or Santa Clara. Would have been nice -- 49er football people in charge, new stadium, first class operation again (no more high school bands or other crappy halftime "entertainment").

you mean you don't like the dog catching the frisbee?! say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,328
I cannot believe 27% York supporters, tell me what they have done right. I wanted them gone the minute they came. I was a Dumpyork.com member and only came here after they stopped maintaining that site.
Originally posted by BobS:
I cannot believe 27% York supporters, tell me what they have done right. I wanted them gone the minute they came. I was a Dumpyork.com member and only came here after they stopped maintaining that site.

I wish they would start that web site again, cause this ship is not sailing anywhere with Yorks as the owners.