LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 330 users in the forums

With crabtree in place, does the QB make the WR or the WR make the QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This question has bounced around for years. Does the WR make the plays that make the QB special or does the WR need a great QB to fully display his true game. Look what happened in Minnesota when Bret Farve hooked up with Sidney Rice this year.

http://gsn.gridironsource.com/_PLAYMAKER-LAB-SIDNEY-RICE-WR/video/865040/32256.html
I say both.

In our case, I think Crabs is helping out Smith more than Smith is helping out Crabs though.
Good question! I would say they go hand in hand, where different situations depend on who makes who... You could argue the point endlessly either way.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
It obviously depends on the players involved. In our case, it's the WR's that make the QB. In the Colts case. It's the QB that makes the Garcon's and Collie's.

If we still had Isaac Bruce and Morgan out there instead of Crabs and Morgan. We are talking about taking Sam Bradford and Dez Bryant in the draft. Instead of the wish list that most posters have now.
Originally posted by krizay:
It obviously depends on the players involved. In our case, it's the WR's that make the QB. In the Colts case. It's the QB that makes the Garcon's and Collie's.

If we still had Isaac Bruce and Morgan out there instead of Crabs and Morgan. We are talking about taking Sam Bradford and Dez Bryant in the draft. Instead of the wish list that most posters have now.

this
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Both....
Originally posted by Nes49:
Both....
Both
Originally posted by Nes49:
Both....
With receivers like Crabs or TO or any top 10 receiver, they make a QB look better. However, a mid tier receiver does not. A good QB makes more average receivers look better than good receivers do to average QBs.

both but I think a QB is more important.
It goes hand in hand..

An All-star QB can make an average WR put up ALL-Pro numbers..
An All-star WR can make a backup QB put up respectable numbers..

WR Example.. Look at all-stars in their down years.. Randy Moss in Oakland was still the same Randy Moss, just didnt have a QB to get him the ball to put up the typical MOSS numbers, now look what hes doing with Brady..

QB Example.. Tom Brady, before Welker and Moss, was the 3,000-3,5000 20-25td 10-15int passer.. Since getting some talent at the WR position, he has been around a 4,000yd passer 35-50tds 5-15int INSANE numbers..
Originally posted by krizay:

Originally posted by D_Niner:
I say both.

In our case, I think Crabs is helping out Smith more than Smith is helping out Crabs though.

I agree. A good example is the MN game, where Crabtree had the TD run. Alex thru the ball out wide, and but for Crabtree's ability, we would have ended up with nothing.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
both but I think a QB is more important.
Share 49ersWebzone