Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
In my order as of right now it is:

1. Darren Sharper
2. Jarred Aller (both these guys could go either way
3. Charles Woodson (close 3rd)
4. Patrick Willis (Distant 4th)

agreed. plus. Sharper keeps breakin records
Originally posted by Mike8016:
IF we finished with a record of 12-4 Willis would get it for sure.

ANd he will someday, I'm not worried about that
Because nobody pays attention to the niners that much besides us faithful. They have to win ballgames first.
Part of it's because the Niners haven't been as many national TV broadcasts as others...but, the more exposure he gets, the more attention he'll command. Gruden was raving about him all during the game...now Adrian Peterson's saying he's THE guy he'd want on the Vikes. On the other hand, Willis has competition...Dumervil with his 15 sacks (so far), Cushing, who's got some eye-popping stats, 112 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 3 picks, 12 pdf. For a rookie, that's amazing, especially being an OLB...he's got more tackles than Ryans. I think part of it may depend where SF, Denver finish. Broncs get in the playoffs and Dumervil approaches 20 sacks, he may be hard to beat. But, for now, Willis should command a lot of attention...and could end up with the award.
Originally posted by BrickWillis:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
In my order as of right now it is:

1. Darren Sharper
2. Jarred Aller (both these guys could go either way
3. Charles Woodson (close 3rd)
4. Patrick Willis (Distant 4th)

agreed. plus. Sharper keeps breakin records

I'm torn between Sharper and Woodson for #1 and #2. Jarred Allen is the best DE in football, but his season has not been as impressive. Half of his sacks were against Green Bay, one of the worst OL's in football.

Both Woodson and Sharper have helped turn around defenses that were towards the bottom of the league statistically last season.

Sharpers team is undefeated..........Woodson's defense is ranked #1 in the NFL in points against. Woodson's stat line is probably more impressive.

Sharper:
TCKL
SCK
FF
INT

Woodson:
TCKL
SCK
FF
INT

Edge --> Woodson
Hype means more difficult during contract negotiation,in the end, less value. Lisa is doing heck of a job controlling the hype.
Originally posted by Ram9er:
The reason why Willis makes all those tackles is because the D is on the feild for most of the game. I dont think a guy who got the green dot duty taken away from him should win the award.

First off go away troll. Secondly even your @hitty team and the whole league know we're pretty good at stopping the run. Our DL with Franklin occupies blockers so the ILBs can flow to the ball. The other reason Willis makes all those tackles is because he is the BEST ILB in the game. Ray is a close second but he's on the downside of his career.
fck my balls itch
Sharper is tremendously overrated.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
fck my balls itch

this

because he plays for the 49ers.
Because were not winning.
because he is black
because he's weak
Because his farts smell
Share 49ersWebzone