There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis and the TE touchdown record thread

Why the hell didn't sing let vernon have that TD record ! We were on the goal line twice after he tide the record and we didn't pass the ball once. Come on, at least let him have one chance to have the record all to himself. I did't understand that at all.
You mean Raye, btw, if you haven't noticed, Raye is the OC, and the play caller, thought I'd clear that up for you.
They had a few opportunities down by the goal line. Including with the fact that at some points the game was pretty much wrapped up. Personally I would have given him a chance at #14 or even possibly #15. I don't understand why we didn't do it. At least throw it to him. Maybe it's incomplete and you run it in on the next play. But at least you try. And maybe he catches it and goes down in history. I thought he earned the chance. I was disappointed with that.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 3, 2010 at 11:09 PM ]
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
You mean Raye, btw, if you haven't noticed, Raye is the OC, and the play caller, thought I'd clear that up for you.

But sing is the HEAD COACH. If he wanted VD to have the record he would have told Raye to throw the ball.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They had a few opportunities down by the goal line. Including with the fact that at some points the game was pretty much wrapped up. Personally I would have given him a chance at #14 or even possibly #15. I don't understand why we didn't do it. At least throw it to him. Maybe it's incomplete and you run it in on the next play. But at least you try. And maybe he catches it and goes down in history. I thought he earned the chance. I was disappointed with that.

me too
Originally posted by 5rings:

But sing is the HEAD COACH. If he wanted VD to have the record he would have told Raye to throw the ball.

VD had his chances, he should use this as motivation for next year.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

me too
guess what the TD record is?

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

VD has the record already! its just shared, but who cares, he tied Antonio Gates' record. something you can only do if youre a physical freak with immense talent like Gates is.
Originally posted by Niners99:

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

VD has the record already! its just shared, but who cares, he tied Antonio Gates' record. something you can only do if youre a physical freak with immense talent like Gates is.

but he had more than one chance to have it all to himself and sing did not care

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

what? VD had a great season and deserved the record at 14. we had ample opportunity. we were destroying the lambs at the end, and kept getting the ball over and over. we kept stopping their offense over and over (thanks to justin smith). why not go for the record??

not only that, but VD was less than 50 yards away from 1000 yards. our first 1000 yard pass catcher. we would have made a nice statement.

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

Hm....record, or win?

How about getting the wins and then letting the records take care of themselves?
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

why not both wins and records

Hm....record, or win?

How about getting the wins and then letting the records take care of themselves?

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

you're right, the man that almost single-handedly turned VD's career around, does not care about him...I swear, only in Niner Talk (btw, I really hope that was sarcasm).

guess what VD has?

guess what that means?

you're right, the man that almost single-handedly turned VD's career around, does not care about him...I swear, only in Niner Talk (btw, I really hope that was sarcasm).

good point