LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Vernon Davis and the TE touchdown record thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • utah49er
  • Info N/A
Catch the damn ball. Other than that, congrats!
Dallas Clark doesnt have the record?

Did anybody else notice, what i like to call, a "football play"? On his touchdown catch the defensive player was playing tight coverage on him and vernon got a little headbutt on the guy, that had to discombobulate him for a split second, just enough time for VD!!! Maybe i'm over analyzing? wooooooo GO NINERS!!!!!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by chimp914:
Let's shoot for Moss's TD record. VD only needs 10 more to break it.

Moss had 23 in 16 games, Rice had 22 in 12 so he would need 13.

Right.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Dallas Clark doesnt have the record?

he has 8
Originally posted by cooljon16:
Did anybody else notice, what i like to call, a "football play"? On his touchdown catch the defensive player was playing tight coverage on him and vernon got a little headbutt on the guy, that had to discombobulate him for a split second, just enough time for VD!!! Maybe i'm over analyzing? wooooooo GO NINERS!!!!!

Yeah that was awesome. He and Adrian Wilson hate each other so that had to feel good. He dropped a couple passes but was pretty clutch on 3rd down today.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Gates has the single season touchdown record for a season at 13 right?

After todays game Davis has 11, with 4 games to go he just needs 2 more to tie and 3 to surpass.

He also leads the nfl in touchdowns this season, talk about beasts!

I'd be so happy if he breaks it.

3 more games, Philly, St.Louis and Detroit

The Lions alone might as well spot him 3.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by cooljon16:

Yeah that was awesome. He and Adrian Wilson hate each other so that had to feel good. He dropped a couple passes but was pretty clutch on 3rd down today.

Oh yeah! they love to battle, I'll tell you what though, Adrian Wilson was making big plays, Alex go lucky on a couple throws. What a game!

GO NINERS!
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
VD would already have the record if he could hold onto the ball.
Originally posted by smileyman:

I agree with that. And he didn't drop "a couple of passes tonight", he had about 6 bounce off his hands or his helmet. And he still managed to false start once. He is a mixed blessing.

Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

I agree with that. And he didn't drop "a couple of passes tonight", he had about 6 bounce off his hands or his helmet. And he still managed to false start once. He is a mixed blessing.

He would have broken the record already if he hadn't dropped so many TDs this season.
Originally posted by Snider8706:

He would have broken the record already if he hadn't dropped so many TDs this season.

Agree. He would be spectacular if he could just learn to catch better.
Originally posted by Snider8706:

Agree. He would be spectacular if he could just learn to catch better.

I'm still glad he's a niner and I hope we keep him around
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by chimp914:
Let's shoot for Moss's TD record. VD only needs 10 more to break it.

Moss had 23 in 16 games, Rice had 22 in 12 so he would need 13.

I wonder how many Moss would have if he had our s**tty oline and Smith as his QB instead of Brady.
Hell, he could break it vs. Philly.

Philly's CBs are very good, but linebackers are weak and safties suspect. We all know they love to blitz. I expect VD to abuse their LBs and FS/SS and also be the call on the ton of hot-reads Alex will need to throw to due to the blitzing. If we're going to win, VD needs a big game. He presents a huge matchup problem for Philly's LBs and FS/SS that we need to exploit.
Share 49ersWebzone