LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 236 users in the forums

Dropped Passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by Stuuk:
Amongst other things this was a key contribution to the loss today. At the last count (After Davis missed the TD) the Announcers said it was up to 9!!

I hate to criticise Davis after his season thus far, but he needs to make that catch if he wants to become 'special'

Quote:
Too many drops

This sums it up completely!!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Amongst other things this was a key contribution to the loss today. At the last count (After Davis missed the TD) the Announcers said it was up to 9!!

I hate to criticise Davis after his season thus far, but he needs to make that catch if he wants to become 'special'

Quote:
Too many drops

Vernon Davis...a probowler....Vernon...probowlers DON'T DROP PASSES. Take from your mistakes, learn from them & grow.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by 9erfreak:

Quote:
Too many drops

Vernon Davis...a probowler....Vernon...probowlers DON'T DROP PASSES. Take from your mistakes, learn from them & grow.

Agree, but I can't stay mad at V Davis he and A Smith both have looked like completely different players this season. Everyone has drops a occassional pass, but 9 in 1 game, a must win game at that, is inexcussable and shows a real lack of focus.

[ Edited by 9erfreak on Dec 8, 2009 at 12:49:24 ]
Vernon had a good day statistically, but it should've been a monster day...3 TD's, 150+ yds, etc. I was happy to see Brandon Jones as a WR...he made a couple of nice catches late in the game, even though one was screwed up by the officials with their phantom "push off" penalty. I was watching NFL-N review the games yesterday and even Deion said there was pass interference on Walker...that was another one we should've had. The color analyst (don't recall his name) said he counted at least 9 drops in the whole game...just pitiful. It's no wonder they can't bury teams when it's out there for them. I thought Alex was terrific...his numbers should've been closer to 400 yds and at least 4 TD's. OL played well, to.
Originally posted by brhokla:
Originally posted by prime21:
THE DROPS HURT OUR TEAM INDEFINITELY, BUT THEY ARE NOT THE REASON WE LOST, THE FINAL POSSESSION IS THE REASON WE LOST. EVERYONE IS ACTING LIKE THE GAME WAS OVER AFTER THOSE TWO CONSECUTIVE DROPS, NO, WE HAD ANOTHER POSSESSION WITH THE GAME STILL TIED, AND ALEX/JIMMY CHOKED!

This is funny, He did a great job. Sorry but we should have won this game in a BLOW OUT! Sorry VD can't catch, MC can't catch & Gore can't hold the ball. Oh yea, and we spot them the ball on like our 20 with another fumble. Until guys like VD, MC, catch the balls they should catch and we don't fumble away games we will continue to lose. We could have had this game sealed and delivered but we gave it away.

He did a great job up until that point. just cuzz things dont go your way in a game doesnt mean you should just give up like we did on that last drive.
Eric Davis said it best" Until the playmakers step up and make plays, this is going to continue to happen". Which I totally agree with. It's everyones fault. How else do you get an 8% third down conversion rate at Seattle.
Considering the plague of drops, I'm surprised Hill and Jones don't get more looks. Thety're supposed to be sure-handed and are our 2 fastest receivers/ This is the most perplexing. Did they kill someone's dog or somewthing?
washingtonpost.com > Sports
National Football League
Scoreboard | Stats | Standings | Teams | Players | Player News | Injuries | Transactions | Home
NFL Individual Leaders: Receiving

Receiving Categories: NFL | NFC | AFC

NFL Leaders: Pass Dropped (Thru Dec. 7, 2009)

Rank Player Team Stats
1t Vernon Davis SF 9
1t Louis Murphy Oak 9
1t Terrell Owens Buf 9
1t Bobby Wade KC 9
5t Brent Celek Phi 8
5t Ted Ginn Jr. Mia 8
5t Tim Hightower Ari 8
8t Donnie Avery StL 7
8t Dwayne Bowe KC 7
8t Mark Bradley KC 7
8t Marques Colston NO 7
8t Michael Crabtree SF 7
8t Santonio Holmes Pit 7
8t Calvin Johnson Det 7
8t Mario Manningham NYG 7
8t Mohamed Massaquoi Cle 7
8t Randy McMichael StL 7
8t Chansi Stuckey Cle 7
19t Antonio Gates SD 6
19t Jerome Harrison Cle 6
19t Darrius Heyward-Bey 6
19t Michael Jenkins Atl 6
19t Andre Johnson Hou 6
19t Randy Moss NE 6
19t Robert Royal Cle 6
19t Nate Washington Ten 6
19t Roy Williams Dal 6
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Theres no excuses for droped passes, ive also seen him get blown up this year and hang on to passes though
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
washingtonpost.com > Sports
National Football League
Scoreboard | Stats | Standings | Teams | Players | Player News | Injuries | Transactions | Home
NFL Individual Leaders: Receiving

Receiving Categories: NFL | NFC | AFC

NFL Leaders: Pass Dropped (Thru Dec. 7, 2009)

Rank Player Team Stats
1t Vernon Davis SF 9
1t Louis Murphy Oak 9
1t Terrell Owens Buf 9
1t Bobby Wade KC 9
5t Brent Celek Phi 8
5t Ted Ginn Jr. Mia 8
5t Tim Hightower Ari 8
8t Donnie Avery StL 7
8t Dwayne Bowe KC 7
8t Mark Bradley KC 7
8t Marques Colston NO 7
8t Michael Crabtree SF 7
8t Santonio Holmes Pit 7
8t Calvin Johnson Det 7
8t Mario Manningham NYG 7
8t Mohamed Massaquoi Cle 7
8t Randy McMichael StL 7
8t Chansi Stuckey Cle 7
19t Antonio Gates SD 6
19t Jerome Harrison Cle 6
19t Darrius Heyward-Bey 6
19t Michael Jenkins Atl 6
19t Andre Johnson Hou 6
19t Randy Moss NE 6
19t Robert Royal Cle 6
19t Nate Washington Ten 6
19t Roy Williams Dal 6

Crabtree's got 1 more than DHB. Wonder what the attempts are.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Dec 8, 2009 at 19:21:55 ]

Share 49ersWebzone