LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

This loss was everyones fault but Alex's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
2 dropped TD passes (Vernon and Delanie).

2 terrible fumbles (Reverse and Frank Gore).

Alex played perhaps the best game of his career.

Alex can't throw 300 yards....

Add to that, the pass immediately following Davis' drop that would have hit Crabtree in the helmet if he hadn't ducked his head. That ball was threaded into a tiny window and should have been caught. As John Madden used to say, "you are going to get hit anyway, why not catch the ball?" An $18MILLION player should catch that ball and this entire place would be different.

That was a big-time throw that should have won the game.
Originally posted by dj43:

Add to that, the pass immediately following Davis' drop that would have hit Crabtree in the helmet if he hadn't ducked his head. That ball was threaded into a tiny window and should have been caught. As John Madden used to say, "you are going to get hit anyway, why not catch the ball?" An $18MILLION player should catch that ball and this entire place would be different.

That was a Brandon Lloyd type of play that I don't expect from Crabtree.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
45 pass attemts - 9 Drops = Excuses

He still had 36 other opportunities to win the game and didn't.

Not every pass is designed to "win the game." For example, can you "win the game" from your own 2-yard line, or are you just trying to get the ball out a little to get some breathing room? The bottom line is that if Smith's supporting cast didn't drop 9 balls, you wouldn't be posting this garbage. What does that tell you?

Yup. It is funny to watch Alex haters week after week making worse and worse arguments. Keep diggin haters...your hole is only getting deeper.

Yeah throws that should have been TD's back to back, that hurts. Smith looked pretty poised back there and showed some leadership. I can't speak too much on the offensive line because i don't "know" football, but it seems they like to pass protect more than run-block. Even with all the passing our o_line was still getting stuff on virtually every running play. I counted 3 times today where some Seahawk defender blew off Rachal almost instantly to blow-up a running play. And I think we only rushed like, what, 10 times?
Originally posted by Faithful1978:
45 pass attempts vs 9 rushes in a close game?? I know we ALL wanted to throw the ball more earlier but I think we overdid it! I know we had some drops and a huge turnover but the game was ours for the taking and we blew it.... playoffs are now out of reach regardless of the Cardinals game tonight.

this line just can't run block. And i have no idea why.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Sing giving the ball back to Seattle on their last possession was just idiotic. The one time we should be running we weren't. Take it to OT if you have to but you do not give the ball back to seattle with good field position and 2 TOs.

Vd dropped 2 TDs today, one in the 4th qrt with the game on the line.

Frank Gore fumbles when we were in at least FG range.

Delanie Walker dropped a TD.

Smith getting burned on the final play! WTF was he even doing in the game?

Crabtree giving up on a TD.

What a pathetic showing and overall horrible team play.

I was thinking the same thing biggest play of the game and some dude who's been here a week is out there? how does that even happen

LOL. You are clearly in here just to rile people up. Your statements are just ridiculous. Smith played an amazing game. More than half of those drops were either for 1st downs or TD's, and halted drives. He was very accurate on all but about 5 or 6 throws.

If the rest of the team made half the mistakes they made, this game would have been a blowout in favor of SF.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gore fumble
Walker dropped a TD
Vernon dropped a TD
Crabtree ducked from the ball on the last scoring drive no attempt to catch it
Poor time management on that last drive in no way should Seattle be given the ball back with that much time on the clock.
Only bad thing to say about Smith today was his play on on 3rd downs.

And last, but the most important

SPECIAL TEAMS AS WHOLE SUCKS ONCE AGAIN WHOEVER CUT RUSSUM NEEDS TO HELD ACCOUNTABLE

It goes beyond Rossum, the ST coaching as a whole is garbage and has been for a long time.

The play call was horrible, but the players who executed it was even worse. i think Rossum would have done better. Coaching is bad though.
I don't like smith

But this loss is not his fualt....no more then you can blame s.hill for week 3.

The 49ers should be scoreing a lot more if they are going to throw 40 times a game but that is not wholely smiths fault either

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Yup. It is funny to watch Alex haters week after week making worse and worse arguments. Keep diggin haters...your hole is only getting deeper.

Yeah...they will just find a NEW reasons to hate him....but week after week they will have lesser things to hate him for. he did get his 300+ yards passing.....

But this just making MNF aganist the cards that MORE IMPORTANT
Originally posted by jreff22:
Gore fumble
Walker dropped a TD
Vernon dropped a TD
Crabtree ducked from the ball on the last scoring drive no attempt to catch it
Poor time management on that last drive in no way should Seattle be given the ball back with that much time on the clock.
Only bad thing to say about Smith today was his play on on 3rd downs.

And last, but the most important

SPECIAL TEAMS AS WHOLE SUCKS ONCE AGAIN WHOEVER CUT RUSSUM NEEDS TO HELD ACCOUNTABLE

It goes beyond Rossum, the ST coaching as a whole is garbage and has been for a long time.

The play call was horrible, but the players who executed it was even worse. i think Rossum would have done better. Coaching is bad though.

There isn't a way for it to of gotten better bother players involved f**ked it up.

-9fA
  • Angry49er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Good ole' RUSSUM. Tell me, where is he playing again?

Here it is....they decided to cut Rossum and keep grandpa Bruce, Arnez (I am a mediocre WR on a bad team) Battle, and some other hack they eventually cut and the return game has failed ever since. In fact, I blame the injury to Clements on having to him return kicks.

If I was in charge, I would cut Battle tomorrow and bring back Russum. After all it is not like Battle will be re-signed next year!
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Sing giving the ball back to Seattle on their last possession was just idiotic. The one time we should be running we weren't. Take it to OT if you have to but you do not give the ball back to seattle with good field position and 2 TOs.

Vd dropped 2 TDs today, one in the 4th qrt with the game on the line.

Frank Gore fumbles when we were in at least FG range.

Delanie Walker dropped a TD.

Smith getting burned on the final play! WTF was he even doing in the game?

Crabtree giving up on a TD.

What a pathetic showing and overall horrible team play.

I agree with you but i would put Willis' name with Alex,he played great! VD and Delanie deprived us of 2 more TD passes,Vernon still has stone hands at the worst time.....
Share 49ersWebzone