LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

This loss was everyones fault but Alex's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
45 pass attempts vs 9 rushes in a close game?? I know we ALL wanted to throw the ball more earlier but I think we overdid it! I know we had some drops and a huge turnover but the game was ours for the taking and we blew it.... playoffs are now out of reach regardless of the Cardinals game tonight.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by niners94:
Alex's last throw of the game could have easily have been a setup for the Seahawks to win after what should have been a pick.

Lets not just pretend that didn't happen

That was on Morgan, he gave up on the route.

thats a convenient explanation. You Alex supporters never run out do you.

Looks like Alex is going to miss the playoffs. Wow, this dude has not played in one playoff game.

Damn receivers who give up on routes

and you smith haters will always reach for anything. Alex doesn't play defense or special teams. You only bring up the mistakes, why dont you bring up the 2 drives he had at the end of the game with one ending with a fumble(not his fault) and another one with VD not catching that ball. This s**t has nothing to do with playoffs neither so why bring that s**t up on a game. Once again reaching.

Let em reach. It's all they got left.

How am I reaching. s**t I am like your guys God on this weak sauce forum.

I told ya'll in April of 2005 that if Alex Smith is drafted this team will never make it to the playoffs for the rest of the decade.

But yeah, I am reaching.

if u think this is alex's fault u are crazy VD dropped 2 td passes walker dropped 1 and crabtree ducked when he couldve at least made an attempt not to mention the gore fumble which caused as another score also the punt return fumble which gave them a td i dont see anyway u can blame alex smith for this game
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by jcs:
14 points guys...he runs the offense against a bad team and only manged 14 points, especially when the D finally managed to keep a team to 14. That number alone is why he's not the answer...

What if Davis and Walker catch those passes? Then what? Do we have 28 points?

Get

a

clue.

Those are single plays...he had opportunities to put up more points as the game went on....he didn't. We lost. Reality is he can't carry a team to a win...hasn't shown in 5 years...and didn't show it today. He's not the answer.

Wow. Just wow. I still can't believe the overflow of ignorance after a loss.

Who cares about the ignorance. That is just fans emotional after a loss who don't know anything about football. The point is I am stoked because we have such a strong nucleus of CORE players.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Don't forget the Battle/Jones fumble.

I did forget about that, just horrible.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

This team is only a couple players away.

We've been saying that for too long.

yea, well, we can actually see that it's true now. well, probably like 3 players. Tho some other problem will probably show up next year.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Cant pin this one on Alex.

But, playing devil's advocate here (and I know the masses will come at me with pitchforks)......he shouldnt have aired it out into double coverage on that last play. As a QB, you're supposed to be aware of the situation. He needed 3 yards; what exactly he saw with Morgan being triple covered I dont know.

In either case, a run play should have been called on the play before, so that no time was left on the clock for Seattle to execute. Once again, piss poor playcalling by our coaches.

Stop it.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadMartz:

I did forget about that, just horrible.

That was HUGE!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
45 pass attemts - 9 Drops = Excuses

He still had 36 other opportunities to win the game and didn't.
I think many of you need to understand post topics.

The OP is suggesting that everyone is at fault EXCEPT Alex Smith.

I disagreed.

Why so many of you decide to construe that as me and others trying to pin the loss on Alex is confusing

• ZRF80
Originally posted by Shaj:
this is the first time that the excuses for Alex are actually factual. The Valvoline in our receivers hands + the Seahawks players wearing black and white lost us the game. The only plus is higher draft status, but I'm getting tired of saying that every year.

Yep, you know I wouldnt hesitate to stick in a wooden stake right through his heart, but even I have to back off on this one. The guy played to his expectations. Some questionable passes, no doubt (eg last pass play of the game), but overall seemed to be the only offensive player wanting to win......

Originally posted by 49erRider:

This team is only a couple players away.

We've been saying that for too long.

yea, well, we can actually see that it's true now. well, probably like 3 players. Tho some other problem will probably show up next year.

A few new players and a few young guys stepping up and getting better (Goldson and Rachal for instance) and these close losses all turn to wins.
Let's be real, what killed us is turnovers. They scored 10 points off turnovers. What else killed us is 2 drops that would have been touchdowns. And Keith f**king Smith in the game? Are we that thin at DB? This game falls entirely on the players. And Dre Bly with that PI call

You have to put that one on coaching. With a 7-0 lead you take two inexperienced punt returners, one of whom has had trouble handling the ball, and ask them to do a reverse? That's just plain idiocy. To think anything but a fumble would result is just ridiculous. Those guys need to learn how to return a punt normally like the rest of the teams in the league before they try stupid stuff like that.

It seems like there is no middle ground with this coaching staff. Either they are so conservative you think they must e scared, or they are aggressive to the point of being reckless. This team has talent now, which is starting to show itself. Now we have to wait for the coaching to mature and catch up.
And was that stupid ass reverse on a return called for by the coaches or an adhoc decision of the players?

Because to me, THAT lost the game right there
Or LAwson or Wilis.
Share 49ersWebzone