LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

This loss was everyones fault but Alex's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Just goes to show we need a running game. Basically, we need an OL and an unpredictable running game.

Alex played great , but we do need an OL so we can run the ball more next year.It is way to late to try and fix OL now , so just kick back and enjoy Alex's throws for he is playing great . And get VD some hands next year to would be great!

hand replacement surgery.

what? its an idea.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Just goes to show we need a running game. Basically, we need an OL and an unpredictable running game.

Yep. That is the lesson.
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Alex should have made the catch. And recovered the fumble too.

blocking wasnt too bad today. But yea, big players make big plays and VD and crabs didn't do it today, Hasselbeck did today. Good experience for everybody.

This team is only a couple players away.

No doubt

Yeah...console your self with that...that is what we say EVERY FRICKIN YEAR, DUDE!!!!!!
Originally posted by Blitz:

Yep. That is the lesson.

agreed. Someone go back in time and kidnap Larry Allen. Might need to bring a forklift with you tho.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

blocking wasnt too bad today. But yea, big players make big plays and VD and crabs didn't do it today, Hasselbeck did today. Good experience for everybody.

No doubt

Yeah...console your self with that...that is what we say EVERY FRICKIN YEAR, DUDE!!!!!!

I probably should have finished my sentence. I meant couple of players away from contending for the division, not really in the playoffs. Thats more like 4-5 players or 2 -3 if current players step up.

People need to remember just how much of a lack of talent this team had in 05, understand that 06 was a fluke as far as playoff contention and see that this team is much better than it was then but that there is still a ways to go.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blitz:

Yep. That is the lesson.

agreed. Someone go back in time and kidnap Larry Allen. Might need to bring a forklift with you tho.

Awesome!

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
You hit this one on the head. Alex did enough for us to win this one handily.

Way To Go Alex!

You know what for once I would have to say that yeah he gave us every oppurtunity to win today, sh.tty coaching today burning those timeouts really cost us in the first half f.ck your speeches sing just play the damn game
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

No doubt

I probably should have finished my sentence. I meant couple of players away from contending for the division, not really in the playoffs. Thats more like 4-5 players or 2 -3 if current players step up.

People need to remember just how much of a lack of talent this team had in 05, understand that 06 was a fluke as far as playoff contention and see that this team is much better than it was then but that there is still a ways to go.

I would say OG, RT, and a safety away. I'm not talking about the playoffs either. I'm talking about the super bowl.

This team hasn't been this good in years. We're well on our way.
  • dj43
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
I think Alex would be the first one to disagree with this statement. The objective is to win. Alex would say that he should have done more.

Personally, I think this one on the coaching.

Oh by the way, I was listening to Damon Bruce.... He was irrate at the coaches. He also thinks that this loss was because of dumb mistakes of the coaching staff.

Damon Bruce says a lot of stuff just to get peeps to call in, but in this case, he is correct. Any time you can't get your offense on the field for the first play of the game, you have a SERIOUS coaching problem.

Maiocco gave the staff an "F". That was generous!
  • dj43
Originally posted by nj9er:
Seeing a lot of posts about drops by VD and Crabs but if you look at the best WRs in the league most of them have the big play capability but suffer from drops: Edwards, Owens, Bowe, and many more big play WRs also makebig drops.

The refs jammed us in the @$$. The safety that was blown dead on the one inch line, the fumble that was blown dead 1 second earlier (Aaron Rodgers style from few weeks ago), no pass interference called on the would be TD to Walker (although he could have held on but still no flag) 2 offensive holdings and the block Crabtree had on defenders side that was flagged and the Dre Bly intererence call that moved Seattle closer to FG range.

Why did we keep Battle and release Rossum. Battle is not a WR threat and nobody can return thats why you try gimmick return plays that end in fumbles in an attempt to generate field position.

Also our defense is not elite but to bash them for only giving up 6 points when they didnt start pinned deep in thier own territory.
You made some good points about the refs but none of the receivers you mentioned are top-level. Now, if you want to talk about Reggie Wayne or Marques Colston or Andre Johnson, no, they rarely drop passes. I haven't checked but I'll bet Vernon Davis leads the league in dropped passes. He is the new Terrell Owens - makes a couple of nice plays then drops a pass that kills you.

• dj43
Originally posted by Baldie:
Okay, we made mistakes in the game....the huge one being Frank's fumbing which could have potentially lead to a TD for the lead which could have changed everything. But I'm not sure if it was the coaches or Alex's fault on these two plays.

1) Less than a minute left and we are on our side of the field and its 3rd and 4 (I think). Why did Alex try to go deep when he should have just tried to pick up the first down? The first down could have lead to a couple more throws to get into FG range or even run the clock out and try to win it in OT. I did not get this at all.
All three receivers were on vertical routes. There were no short receivers in the pattern.

Quote:
2) Same situation in the 3rd quarter when we were in the redzone I believe around the 20 yard line, when Davis missed the TD pass. Why didn't they try to pick up the first down to extend this drive instead of taking 2 out of 3 shots into the endzone? I did not get this at all.
Are you referring to the fourth quarter consecutive drops by Davis and Crabtree?

Poor play design and play sequencing still plagues this team. Raye does not seem to know how to construct running plays to allow Gore to get free. Everything he does is "up the gut." Same thing with pass patterns - overly simplistic and ineffective.
  • dj43

I honestly don't think Raye is capable of developing one. I don't have the energy tonight to even go into it. He is almost as bad as Hostler but with much better talent.
Share 49ersWebzone