LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

This loss was everyones fault but Alex's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
2 dropped TD passes (Vernon and Delanie).

2 terrible fumbles (Reverse and Frank Gore).

Alex played perhaps the best game of his career.

Alex can't throw 300 yards....

Add to that, the pass immediately following Davis' drop that would have hit Crabtree in the helmet if he hadn't ducked his head. That ball was threaded into a tiny window and should have been caught. As John Madden used to say, "you are going to get hit anyway, why not catch the ball?" An $18MILLION player should catch that ball and this entire place would be different.

That was a big-time throw that should have won the game.

That was a Brandon Lloyd type of play that I don't expect from Crabtree.
Actually I was trying to think of his name but locked on Brandon Williams. With I had that gif of Lloyd ducking the pass. This wasn't quite a blatant but they were close.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Mister49:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
45 pass attemts - 9 Drops = Excuses

He still had 36 other opportunities to win the game and didn't.

-9fA

Are u a fan or not? Theres nothing funny here man! Bottom line`Alex put the ball in Delanie and Vernons hands in the end zone and they choked!

I've probably been a fan longer than you have...and I still remember what it was like to have a QB put a team on his back and win. I'm tiered of this acceptance of mediocrity at the QB position simply because he's a good guy and a possible Fantasy QB, and that's pushing it. The guy is too soft, too quiet and has gotten too many chances...he's not a winner...

The illusion of what A.Smith "could be" is just that...an illusion...he's been here 5 years...time to move on.

And the Walsh era of Awesomeness is gone. It's been 11 years...time to move on.
  • dj43
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Faithful1978:
45 pass attempts vs 9 rushes in a close game?? I know we ALL wanted to throw the ball more earlier but I think we overdid it! I know we had some drops and a huge turnover but the game was ours for the taking and we blew it.... playoffs are now out of reach regardless of the Cardinals game tonight.

this line just can't run block. And i have no idea why.
I do. Poor position coaching.

Chris Foerster must be replaced during the off-season. I do not believe the talent currently on the line is so pathetic they cannot learn to run block effectively.
  • dj43
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Sing giving the ball back to Seattle on their last possession was just idiotic. The one time we should be running we weren't. Take it to OT if you have to but you do not give the ball back to seattle with good field position and 2 TOs.

Vd dropped 2 TDs today, one in the 4th qrt with the game on the line.

Frank Gore fumbles when we were in at least FG range.

Delanie Walker dropped a TD.

Smith getting burned on the final play! WTF was he even doing in the game?

Crabtree giving up on a TD.

What a pathetic showing and overall horrible team play.

I agree with you but i would put Willis' name with Alex,he played great! VD and Delanie deprived us of 2 more TD passes,Vernon still has stone hands at the worst time.....

There was pass interference on the pass to Walker that should have given the 49ers first and goal on the one yard line. Still, Walker should have held the ball for the TD.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Props to Alex Smith today, he had a very solid game and pretty much did all he could to help us TRY and win. You people wanna blame VD and Delanie for their drops, and yes, they should get some of the blame. But the pass defense gets the overall blame IMO. Sure Hasselbeck didn't have too many passing yards today, but our defense let him make key throws to move the chains and once again played a little soft.....man I miss Nate Clements.

BTW, that lame ass reverse on that punt return really piss me off. Its bad enough we have had a hard time catching punts, now we go and do something stupid like that....C'mon man!!!

I am with you on the punt return reverse...WTF!
Vernon Davis and Gore let us down. I also did not like the playcalling to give the Seahawks the ball back in regulation. The reverse punt was just an awful, awful idea,

-9fA

Are u a fan or not? Theres nothing funny here man! Bottom line`Alex put the ball in Delanie and Vernons hands in the end zone and they choked!

I've probably been a fan longer than you have...and I still remember what it was like to have a QB put a team on his back and win. I'm tiered of this acceptance of mediocrity at the QB position simply because he's a good guy and a possible Fantasy QB, and that's pushing it. The guy is too soft, too quiet and has gotten too many chances...he's not a winner...

The illusion of what A.Smith "could be" is just that...an illusion...he's been here 5 years...time to move on.

Yeah, well I've watched since Norm Snead and Scott Bull, old timer, and you are full of it. Smith clearly is not the problem. He led the team to TWO would-be go ahead scores. Davis drops a TD right in the hands. Gore fumbles away the go ahead points. I won't even go into the non-Smith miscues. Smith has struggled in the past, so I can understand the holdouts to a point, but this has become ridiculous. Be happy we have a good, young QB at a reasonable price tag (for now).

-9fA

If you have been watching football for so long and are so smart, why are you posting this ignorance?
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BSofSF:

-9fA

Yeah, well I've watched since Norm Snead and Scott Bull, old timer, and you are full of it. Smith clearly is not the problem. He led the team to TWO would-be go ahead scores. Davis drops a TD right in the hands. Gore fumbles away the go ahead points. I won't even go into the non-Smith miscues. Smith has struggled in the past, so I can understand the holdouts to a point, but this has become ridiculous. Be happy we have a good, young QB at a reasonable price tag (for now).

Well done sir. The old truly rule the world.

Agreed.

Anyone who blames Alex is a f**king dumbass

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
You hit this one on the head. Alex did enough for us to win this one handily.

Way To Go Alex!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

-9fA

If you have been watching football for so long and are so smart, why are you posting this ignorance?
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Agreed.

THIS.
49ers (5-7) have lost games this season by 3, 3, 4, 7, 6, 3 ... and 35.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Agreed.

THIS.

What so funny?
Share 49ersWebzone