LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

First 300 yard game for Alex against Seattle?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
THIS... will silence all the haters this Sunday.

~Snake

i doubt it.
Hillusionists grasping for straws.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

And Smithites arent ?
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

And Smithites arent ?

Niners fans are seeing what may be in the future: a dynamic offense with Smith, Gore, Crabtree, Davis and Morgan. Hopefully some help will come along the offensive line through free-agency and a draft where the Niners will be very well placed. Hopefully also some continuity with the Offensive coordinator as it looks like Raye might actually know how to use these weapons. Not Hill fans. Not Smith fans. Niner fans.

[ Edited by BHulman on Dec 4, 2009 at 16:03:57 ]
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Here is my opinion on the subject. I think that you have had success with the passing game since alex came back because people are still figuring out crabtree and smith has been rejuvenated with his starting roll. Its basically all new. Teams have a couple games to look at now and can start to break down film of the new niners offense and start to game plan appropriately. Not to say you won't have a better offense than you did with hill under center, but I do think that there will be some dropoff in the passing game from what it has been as of late.

Teams may figure Smith and/or the offense out, but they won't figure Crabtree out because Crabtree is just too good.

Right. But a good DC can come up with a solid game plan for him that can minimize his effect. The hawks did it against steve smith in '05 in the nfc championship game. It certainly is possible to limit a guys productivity thru solid game planning. I don't know that it will happen this week, but the more film there is on this offensive combination you guys have the easier it will be to prepare for it.
Good point Hawk. It's a game of adjustments and good DC's make you go to your second or third option. The Jags couldn't do much because of a lack of a passrush. The Seahawks don't have that problem and that's why I see a tough game for Smith.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Here is my opinion on the subject. I think that you have had success with the passing game since alex came back because people are still figuring out crabtree and smith has been rejuvenated with his starting roll. Its basically all new. Teams have a couple games to look at now and can start to break down film of the new niners offense and start to game plan appropriately. Not to say you won't have a better offense than you did with hill under center, but I do think that there will be some dropoff in the passing game from what it has been as of late.

Teams may figure Smith and/or the offense out, but they won't figure Crabtree out because Crabtree is just too good.

Right. But a good DC can come up with a solid game plan for him that can minimize his effect. The hawks did it against steve smith in '05 in the nfc championship game. It certainly is possible to limit a guys productivity thru solid game planning. I don't know that it will happen this week, but the more film there is on this offensive combination you guys have the easier it will be to prepare for it.
Good point Hawk. It's a game of adjustments and good DC's make you go to your second or third option. The Jags couldn't do much because of a lack of a passrush. The Seahawks don't have that problem and that's why I see a tough game for Smith.

and our second and third options are now a big threat so please let them get the ball.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Our pass rush is very hit or miss. I believe we have one more sack this season than you guys do. I want to say the totals are 25 and 26. I don't know where that ranks among league leaders, but I would imagine that its in the middle of the pack. Maybe a little lower. You should know right away if we are going to get pressure on the qb. If we can't do it early we seem to not be able to figure it out later in the game. So we may come out and make alex have a long sunday because we have that potential, but this team doesn't live up to that potential on any type of consistant basis.
It's possible... especially since we just seemed to figure out how many weapons we have. I hope we go to more two TE sets 'cause that causes mismatches for defenses.
  • Steve
  • Info N/A
Don't think this will be a 300 yard passing game. Look for passing plays with Gore in to block for a few times throughout the first quarter to set up the run. Going to need some yards from Frank to help win this one. Will be plenty of passing too. Need balance and the game will dictate how much run and how much pass. Expecting a win and hoping Minnesota help us too. GO NINERS!!!!

Originally posted by Steve:
Don't think this will be a 300 yard passing game. Look for passing plays with Gore in to block for a few times throughout the first quarter to set up the run. Going to need some yards from Frank to help win this one. Will be plenty of passing too. Need balance and the game will dictate how much run and how much pass. Expecting a win and hoping Minnesota help us too. GO NINERS!!!!

It is sound good to be there!
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Who gives a s**t, I just want a win.
I hope smith doesn't have to pass for 300 yards....I'm hoping for about 2 or 3 TD's and 200-250 yards....with Gore gaining a hundred on the ground. Good balance and 65%-75% conversion rate on 3rd downs is what I'll be hoping for.

Go NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by crzy:

And we absolutely SHOULD have paid Michael Crabtree in July. If we had him earlier, he would have produced earlier, which could have led to more wins. Crabtree's holdout might keep us out of the playoffs.

Ever heard of business side of the football?

No team would've given him a contract he wanted - not even close. It would've been stupid - not only for us but for the rest of league, too. But you - credited veteran of the WZ - knew it better?

I'd really like back your view but part of me wants rather to believe the 32 GM's of the league.
Who gives a rats ass. If we win and he throws for a couple TD's thats all I ask for. Less yards and more TD's just means that our D and ST is kicking ass and giving us a short field.
Share 49ersWebzone