LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 167 users in the forums

With Taylor out, it's Miller time

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was hoping the team signed Justin Miller to return punts but instead we promoted Brit Miller to the active roster. http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/12/with-taylor-on.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A

I like the move though, he could give us a little spark as a blocker/receiver and short yardage runner and Moran Norris just seems washed up.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I was hoping the team signed Justin Miller to return punts but instead we promoted Brit Miller to the active roster. http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/12/with-taylor-on.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A

I like the move though, he could give us a little spark as a blocker/receiver and short yardage runner and Moran Norris just seems washed up.

Is he even going to be on the active roster?

And we added a 30 year old WR reject on our practice squad?
[ Edited by GEEK on Dec 1, 2009 at 6:29 PM ]
Originally posted by GEEK:

probably just for special teams, I doubt they put him in to block
We just adde another threat on offense!

Miller Time!
  • NickV
  • Veteran

He was a LB in college. So hopefully he has a nose for the ball when he is on ST. If he is active at all.
i was hoping we signed justin miller as well, but justin miller is a solid player. preseason pro bowler
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by teeohh:

probably just for special teams, I doubt they put him in to block

Special teams only. Though if he plays well this year maybe he can challenge Norris for the FB job next year.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i was hoping we signed justin miller as well, but justin miller is a solid player. preseason pro bowler

so solid, he got cut by NYJ again.

yeah, I saw that miller was great games in preseason.. Now If he is struggles in the real games.. wait and see... let's go miller!
i was hoping we signed justin miller as well, but Brit miller is a solid player. preseason pro bowler

Fixed!

Originally posted by GEEK:

And we added a 30 year old WR reject on our practice squad?

i like the miller add, but wtf with the wr? a 30 year old wr... where is the potential with that?
isn't this already a thread????
Originally posted by 49ersForever:
...i like the miller add, but wtf with the wr? a 30 year old wr... where is the potential with that?

Yeah, that WR pickup is a real head-scratcher.

Though to use a "Singletary-ism" I'm excited to see what Miller can do.
I belive the artice did say that he was promoted to take Taylor's place on special teams so most likely he will be active on gameday playing special teams. they probably won't use him in the offense to block though.

As for the WR, I also want to know why? Isnt there a o-lineman or a pass rusher out there they may want to develop or take a look at? Just plain weird.
WTF Scot?
Share 49ersWebzone