There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners / NFC Stretch Drive

1. New Orleans (10-0)
2. Minnesota (10-1)
3. Dallas (8-3) ** at NYG / San Diego / at New Orleans / at Wash. / Philadelphia
4. Arizona (7-4) ** Minnesota / at San Fran. / at Detroit / St. Louis / Green Bay

5. Philadelphia (7-4) ** at Atlanta / at NYG / San Fran. / Denver / at Dallas
6. Green Bay (7-4) ** Baltimore / at Chicago / at Pittsburgh / Seattle / at Arizona
7. New York (6-5) ** Dallas / Philadelphia / at Washington / Carolina / at Minnesota
8. Atlanta (6-5) ** Philadelphia / New Orleans / at New York Jets / Buffalo / at Tampa Bay
9. San Francisco (5-6) ** at Seattle / Arizona / at Philadelphia / Detroit / at St. Louis

* The Saints & Vikes are locked in.

* Dallas, Philly and New York all have tough final stretches where they all play each other in addition to playing other playoff contenders. No clue as how the East ends up. Hopefully they beat the hell out of each other.

* Green Bay has three tough games including two on the road. I can easily see the Pack ending-up at 9-7, unfortunately they beat us head to head.

* Atlanta’s next two games are tough but they’re both at home before what should be three wins to finish the season. They’re pretty banged-up right now (Ryan won't play vs Philly). I still think 9-7 is realistic . . . but again like Green Bay, they beat us head to head.

* Obviously the Niner’s best hope to get into the playoffs is to win the Division. We need way too much help to get a Wildcard.

We're still a big longshot but I think we'll make it interesting.
In another thread I pointed out this very same thing and the NFC East is up for grabs even with Dallas in the lead right now. However, I still think they win the division.

If you take a look at GB, they are going to be the first Wild Card as their schedule looks a bit more doable with three more wins taking them to 10-6 as I expect them to beat the Cards.

That leaves Philly, NYG, ATL and us. Right now, Philly has the hardest schedule. I hope Atl beats them next week. Even with that, I can see them at 9-7. Looking back on it, I really think that the Cards, Eagles, Giants, Falcons and our 49ers can all end at 9-7.

How weird would that be, huh? It would certainly make it very dramatic on the last week of the season.

Still, one game at a time while keeping an eye on the future.

This is very excitingly interesting, indeed!
Originally posted by ninertico:
In another thread I pointed out this very same thing and the NFC East is up for grabs even with Dallas in the lead right now. However, I still think they win the division.

If you take a look at GB, they are going to be the first Wild Card as their schedule looks a bit more doable with three more wins taking them to 10-6 as I expect them to beat the Cards.

That leaves Philly, NYG, ATL and us. Right now, Philly has the hardest schedule. I hope Atl beats them next week. Even with that, I can see them at 9-7. Looking back on it, I really think that the Cards, Eagles, Giants, Falcons and our 49ers can all end at 9-7.

How weird would that be, huh? It would certainly make it very dramatic on the last week of the season.

Still, one game at a time while keeping an eye on the future.

This is very excitingly interesting, indeed!

and for another week we are still a part of it
Big game in Seattle but I got this crazy feeling that Dec 14th is the day we tie for the division lead.

Lets go Vikings!
Let's get it done. One thing for sure all the games that look easy won't be.
Players BETTER be focused in on Seattle right now!
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Big game in Seattle but I got this crazy feeling that Dec 14th is the day we tie for the division lead.

Lets go Vikings!

wouldn't we lead the division? because the div tie breaker?
winning 4 of our last 5 SHOULDN'T be hard..

let's hope AZ loses at least 3 more games.. including the monday nighter
AZ will lose 3 more games
theyll beat detroit and STL

9-7 for AZ
every game is a must win for us
i see us at 9-7 also, if not 10-6 with a huge win against Philly
[ Edited by momoney925 on Nov 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Lets go Vikings!

wouldn't we lead the division? because the div tie breaker?

Yes! minnesota wins and we win, that puts us in position to retake the division lead monday night against the tards
Just like Singletary mentioned in the monday presser, nobody should be talking about anything else but this Seattle game. Of all people 49ers fans should not forget how difficult it is to consistently win. We not only need to do that but we also need Zona to do much of the opposite.

We have a must win in a tough atmosphere against a division rival this week. Zona is playing the class of the NFC, but they don't have to travel. We need to take care of business in Seattle and then see what goes down.

-Faithful
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Just like Singletary mentioned in the monday presser, nobody should be talking about anything else but this Seattle game. Of all people 49ers fans should not forget how difficult it is to consistently win. We not only need to do that but we also need Zona to do much of the opposite.

We have a must win in a tough atmosphere against a division rival this week. Zona is playing the class of the NFC, but they don't have to travel. We need to take care of business in Seattle and then see what goes down.

-Faithful

C'mon we can talk about it! we are not the ones playing or making any decisions for the org.
December is going to be a very good month for some NFC football!

Lets go Vikings!

I cant believe I'm going to be rooting for that dinosaur! I will go back to hating him after he kicks Arizona's ass!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Lets go Vikings!

I cant believe I'm going to be rooting for that dinosaur! I will go back to hating him after he kicks Arizona's ass!

and hopefully Warner has to sit out and Lienert plays
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home