There are 184 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coordinator Thread...and rest of staff

Marc Trestman is the head coach for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League. Trestman has a chance to win the Grey Cup when the Alouettes take on the Calgary Stampeders in the CFL championship game before more than 60,000 at Olympic Stadium on Sunday.

He was the quarterbacks coach and OC for the 49ers in 1995-1996. Remember?

He was in now way as bad Jim Hostler, but the expectations back then with Eddie Debartalo were way higher...

After the 1996 season, in which the 49ers finished second to Carolina in the NFC West, Seifert resigned under pressure. At a press conference announcing Seifert's
departure, DeBartolo was asked about Trestman. ``He's gone!,'' blurted DeBartolo. In other words, Trestman was fired.

More about Marc
I'd rather not visit that again.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yes that was a bad time. And whilst he was treated without class by Eddie, it was hard to have any confidence in him
Too bad the front office doesn't have the same disdain for inept offense as Eddie.
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Too bad the front office doesn't have the same disdain for inept offense as Eddie.

So constantly changing OCs because the current ones aren't working is what then?

They aren't satisfied with the product. The problem is, they haven't demonstrated they have the ability to get the on the field product right. It's similar to the Eddie DeBartolo 49ers before the hiring of Bill Walsh.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

So constantly changing OCs because the current ones aren't working is what then?

Waiting until the last second to hire an offensive coordinator, after the qualified field has been hired, doesn't exactly show a lot of decisiveness. They basically wait until s**t hits the fan, and then act.

And the fact they cant attract qualified offensive coordinators pathetic.
He was terrible, even though Steve Young missed some games, Brent Jones missed a lot of time, William Floyd was lost for the season ('95), and the OL wasn't as good. Still, he did suck!
I recall Walsh in a booth sending a hand-written suggestion to Trestman during a game. Trestman made a point of wadding it up and tossing it. I'm glad he's gone and don't want him around here anymore.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Waiting until the last second to hire an offensive coordinator, after the qualified field has been hired, doesn't exactly show a lot of decisiveness. They basically wait until s**t hits the fan, and then act.

And the fact they cant attract qualified offensive coordinators pathetic.

touche.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Marc Trestman is the head coach for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League. Trestman has a chance to win the Grey Cup when the Alouettes take on the Calgary Stampeders in the CFL championship game before more than 60,000 at Olympic Stadium on Sunday.

He was in now way as bad Jim Hostler, but the expectations back then with Eddie Debartalo were way higher...

After the 1996 season, in which the 49ers finished second to Carolina in the NFC West, Seifert resigned under pressure. At a press conference announcing Seifert's
departure, DeBartolo was asked about Trestman. ``He's gone!,'' blurted DeBartolo. In other words, Trestman was fired.

More about Marc

what an idiotic post. the Allouettes play my hometown saskatchewan roughriders WHO BEAT the calgary stampeders in the west final and the game is not being played in montreal at olympic staduim its being played in calgary.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I agree. That was a bad time. I think he is the second worst OC the 49ers have had in my lifetime. Hostler was the worst.
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

More about Marc

what an idiotic post. the Allouettes play my hometown saskatchewan roughriders WHO BEAT the calgary stampeders in the west final and the game is not being played in montreal at olympic staduim its being played in calgary.

I'll be routing really hard for the Allouettes.
Originally posted by joebbadass:
I recall Walsh in a booth sending a hand-written suggestion to Trestman during a game. Trestman made a point of wadding it up and tossing it. I'm glad he's gone and don't want him around here anymore.

f**k that guy then, walsh sends you a suggestion you take it and thank him
As bad as Trestman was at that time, he was much better than Hostler and Raye. '96 offense was ranked number 3 in the league. His biggest fault was he put Steve Young in harm's way over and over again. Difference between now and then is we had an ownership that didn't settle for incompetence. Now bottom of the league offenses with morons like Hostler and Raye are pretty much the norm because of this pathetic ownership and front office. Those two couldn't even get a job as janitors with the 49ers back in the Eddie D era.
[ Edited by amir_tn80 on Nov 25, 2009 at 10:05 PM ]