There are 268 users in the forums

Does Alex Smith have stones?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Alex Smith have stones?

Coach Singletary said this today...

"Alex is such a humble guy, a meek guy, don’t how long he’ll stay that way but it’s a great thing to have a quarterback like that says ‘what do you think, coach?"

Do you think he can command a team? Stand up against the powers that be if he feels they are making the wrong calls? Can he be a bad ass mofro?

Do you think Alex Smith has stones?
yes, but you can't just command a team without showing that you can play.
  • flow
  • Veteran
The dude played with a grade three separation on his throwing shoulder after his coach threw him under the bus in front of his teammates and the media.

Yeah, he has stones.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Yeah, but he doesn't show it. He isn't a vocal leader. I think he's the type who'll just lead by example, but unfortunately that doesn't work when you're not playing well.
Originally posted by B650:
Yeah, but he doesn't show it. He isn't a vocal leader. I think he's the type who'll just lead by example, but unfortunately that doesn't work when you're not playing well.

He needs to be more Vocal. Singeltary said that today. We all know about his offensively challenged thinking until he knows the system 100%. I think this happens to be true about his vocal leadership ability as well. I think he doubts himself and even when he doesn't, he wonders if others will because he has had doubts in the past. He really needs to step up not just on the field or in the classroom but in the locker room as well.
Well, he did pretend the radio wasn't working and led the team down to get a TD by calling his own s**t, so...
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 494949:
Coach Singletary said this today...

"Alex is such a humble guy, a meek guy, don’t how long he’ll stay that way but it’s a great thing to have a quarterback like that says ‘what do you think, coach?"

Do you think he can command a team? Stand up against the powers that be if he feels they are making the wrong calls? Can he be a bad ass mofro?

Do you think Alex Smith has stones?

I think its fair to say "yes" but he also is recovering his confidence and trust in the coaching staff.

Lets not forget that the easy thing for him to have done was to not come back here but he took the tougher road, didn't balk at a QB competition despite knowing it would be an uphill battle, kept working after Hill won the job initially, etc.
Maybe he has kidney stones and needs to drink more water
He has to have stones to play behind our O-line.............
Originally posted by kemp_j:
He has to have stones to play behind our O-line.............

Amen to that.

• Nes49
  • Veteran

Well If his play is his voice, then it's saying what Vernon, Crabtree & some others are saying....SHOTGUN SPREADCOAST!!!!!!!!

As for the questions about stones...YES...HE STOOD UP TO NOLAN.
Originally posted by Nes49:

Well If his play is his voice, then it's saying what Vernon, Crabtree & some others are saying....SHOTGUN SPREADCOAST!!!!!!!!

As for the questions about stones...YES...HE STOOD UP TO NOLAN.

Wouldn't take it lying down when Nolan hurled him under the bus. Showed up for all the meetings for the next two years and prepared himself. Dude could have so easily packed it in. If the Niners can play to his strengths I think he can be effective for years to come. Am I 100% sure that will happen? No. But it is hard not to root for this kid. He has been through a lot with this organization and has always handled himself in an admirable way..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He has stones but he's still not a very good QB.
Great here we go with this..."Alecks haz no fyre dood!"

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
He has stones but he's still not a very good QB.

I agree, HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone