LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

Reality Check People

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mex49
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by 49erfan27:
First off, this is sings first year, anyone who though we were making the playoffs is an idiot. Secondly, this is rayes first year implementing his offensive system, if teams picked up an offensive system in 1 year, Tod Haley's Chiefs would be superbowl contenders. Thirdly, Alex Smith came in halfway through the season without developing a rapport with the 1st teamers, oh and did i mention our starting receiver is a rookie. You people with your complaints of fire sing and start Nate Davis, I seriously think half the people on this board are mentally unstable, and i'm serious about that. Everybody just needs to shut up and look for constant improvement each week, which in all honesty, even it's for a half, i am seeing. We will be legit next year, we finally have franchise players we just need a year of stability. Everyone please calm down and just sit back and relax.

That would include Sing!

END THREAD!

Thats gotta sting
Originally posted by B650:
First off, this is sings first year, anyone who though we were making the playoffs is an idiot. Secondly, this is rayes first year implementing his offensive system, if teams picked up an offensive system in 1 year, Tod Haley's Chiefs would be superbowl contenders. Thirdly, Alex Smith came in halfway through the season without developing a rapport with the 1st teamers, oh and did i mention our starting receiver is a rookie. You people with your complaints of fire sing and start Nate Davis, I seriously think half the people on this board are mentally unstable, and i'm serious about that. Everybody just needs to shut up and look for constant improvement each week, which in all honesty, even it's for a half, i am seeing. We will be legit next year, we finally have franchise players we just need a year of stability. Everyone please calm down and just sit back and relax.

Mariucci made the playoffs in his 1st year. Anyone who thinks that we should wait decades every single time we hire a new coach is also an idiot.

We shouldn't wait ten years on one coach, but you can't hire a coach and then fire him the very next year, you have to give a coach at least two seasons to show you what he has got. Only Al Davis would turn coaches over each year. I understand the frustration, I have been rooting for this team since 1980, and it hurts to see what Eddie D allowed to happen to this team. That f**ker should have kept his nose clean, or at least educate his nephew on how to properly run a team.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Mariucci made the playoffs in his 1st year. Anyone who thinks that we should wait decades every single time we hire a new coach is also an idiot.

We shouldn't wait ten years on one coach, but you can't hire a coach and then fire him the very next year, you have to give a coach at least two seasons to show you what he has got. Only Al Davis would turn coaches over each year. I understand the frustration, I have been rooting for this team since 1980, and it hurts to see what Eddie D allowed to happen to this team. That f**ker should have kept his nose clean, or at least educate his nephew on how to properly run a team.

Fine, then fire Raye only.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Fine, then fire Raye only.

I think Singletary just needs to keep his nose out of the offense and let the coach do his job. It is going to suck going to the spread type offense in the middle of the season, but Raye ran a pretty effective one while OC in KC in '99. I think that the problem is that we didn't go this way in the preseason, so we aren't prepared to run the spread. Honestly, I wish Turner would get canned from SD so we could bring him back in to straighten out this mess, which is what it has become.
Originally posted by hklar17:
Thank you!

yea im sick of these punk ass knee jerk fans 2 man
Originally posted by 49ersking:

What the heck is this spread offense? So Alex can only function as a QB if there are 3-4 WR sets all the time? What that says is he is a "limited" QB. We can't win with "limited" QBs...I believe Shaun Hill was replaced just for that reason.

This is by far the most realistic argument against Smith that we have seen. However, I think it's just more the passing plays designed out of our limited run sets are atrocious.
Where are the stretch plays? Counters? Anything to run off of our plays. Our running plays actually hurt our passing plays, because in order to stop both a DC just needs to crowd the line.

I think i've waited tooooo long...!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by geturembedder:
Originally posted by 49ersking:

What the heck is this spread offense? So Alex can only function as a QB if there are 3-4 WR sets all the time? What that says is he is a "limited" QB. We can't win with "limited" QBs...I believe Shaun Hill was replaced just for that reason.

This is by far the most realistic argument against Smith that we have seen. However, I think it's just more the passing plays designed out of our limited run sets are atrocious.
Where are the stretch plays? Counters? Anything to run off of our plays. Our running plays actually hurt our passing plays, because in order to stop both a DC just needs to crowd the line.

I agree, but the thing is, it seems like it's all or nothing with Raye. Either we line up in the I and run the ball up the gut, or we go into a spread and pass the ball. Has he ever heard of compromise? You don't always have to have 4 or 5 WRs on every play. How about 3? How about get creative? I don't think Smith absolutely needs to operate from a spread offense, but it just seems that way because of Raye's horrendous plays. Turner didn't have Smith run a spread, but he seemed fine that year (for a 2nd-year QB).
I think people can react any way they want to. Who are you to tell anyone to calm down. If I want to calm down I'll watch soccer.

Coaches win in their first year, it happened last year, it's not impossible

Why should we lower our expectations just because it's his first year? Sing practically promised us the playoffs, "we'll see them (vikings) in the playoffs". Now what? Look where we're at. I'm so tired of this s**t I'm beginning to doubt the guy.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Coaches win in their first year, it happened last year, it's not impossible

Why should we lower our expectations just because it's his first year? Sing practically promised us the playoffs, "we'll see them (vikings) in the playoffs". Now what? Look where we're at. I'm so tired of this s**t I'm beginning to doubt the guy.

Yeah, and we'll see the Colts in the Super Bowl.
I stopped reading at "everyone that thought we would make the playoffs this year is an idiot" maybe only an idiot doenst realize that we definitely have the talent but we are underacheiving for sure
  • Veteran
You Said: anyone who though we were making the playoffs is an idiot.
Jed York.

How the hell so? If we had our top corner Sunday we're 5-5, with a really easy schedule and a game against Arizona. 2 things that are killings and the lack of QB and injuries, we couldn't cover Greg Jennings and it killed us Sunday, we couldn't get a TD in the first half and it killed us etc.
Share 49ersWebzone