LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

Blame Singletary thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't get what u guys are complaining about. The challenge? That was actually a really smart move. Why? Because he was going to call a timeout anyways to stop the clock. Why not challenge at the same time? Are some of you guys that .....
Originally posted by Ang:
Have at it, but keep it civil.

Additional threads will be merged here.

Yes SOME PLACE TO YELL!!! Really the challenge. Even mike nolan wasn't that bad!
  • Veteran
yorks are gutless and stupid, they'll never fire him.
seriously, sing! f**k we arent in the f**king 70's and 80's throw the damn ball
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Worse than Nolan.

I told ALL the Nolan haters exactly what we would get with Samurai Mike.

I essentially was told that I was an idiot.

But once again here we are on the outside looking in.

After today, either Mike needs to run Spread predominately in practice or just pack his stuff and leave quietly.

I'm fed up. The team quit on him in the first half. The second have we had a SHOT to win this. Only they kept putting other players in to PR. Morgan gets ONE shot and he NEARLY takes it to the house.

WTF are they doing during the week at HQ? Having a 53 man circle jerk to entertain the Coaching Staff???

This is mind boggling.

Once again Alex showed that he is capable when he has time to throw the ball. And once again the staff doesn't have a plan in place to GIVE him time.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by DonJulio:
The smash-mouth, run-first mentality is not working no matter how many times we try it.

The spread offense Patriots style works all the time, even when the opponent knows we're doing it.

Someone deliver that message to Singletary/Raye ASAP.
at changing the offense and the philosiphy, and at the stregnths of Alex Smith and this offense, because Alex Smith is very productive out of this shotgun spread formation, he ran it in Utah and he's very comfortable in it."

Its SooOOo FRUSTRATING that even Billick, along with all of US see that the offense of philosiphy needs to change. Atleats right now, because we have no oline up front, Gore cant run behind a line that cant block and a defense that stacks the box with 8 men, although Gore is talented enough to bust one game in game out behind the s**tty oline. We've been succesful as a team, Smith, Davis, Crabtree, and scoring points out of the gun!!.. We almost made a comeback @ Hou with it, then we go away from it to start out games, and dig our selfs in a hole. I put the Hou, Indy, and now this GB game on Singletary and Raye for their inability to realize what we have, and not stick to it. Therefore we are 4-6, and very well could be 7-3..

Oh yeah, and you Smith bashers do NOT make sense. Its BS the things you guys say.. 3-7 5yds to start the half, not impressive numbers, but the play calls were designed to throw short, and GB was ALL OVER IT. Smith was good and has improved alot this season when we open it up down the field, and he proved that today making tight, accurate throws and again gave us a chance at the end of the game, but to late when ur coaching was atrocious and game plan and defense fail!!
im sick of sing, he is so stubborn and has too much pride to change his ways.
Lord Save Me from Mike Sing! Please unlock it's nothing but a miss leading title. I want to talk about crabtree. screw mike he'll be fired before crabs contract is up!
Originally posted by backontop:
Call me crazy but I think that Martz would have this Offense in the top 5 of the league

Vernon would be held in blocking and no production, Thats the only negative of keeping Martz that I see.

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Worse than Nolan.

I told ALL the Nolan haters exactly what we would get with Samurai Mike.

I essentially was told that I was an idiot.

But once again here we are on the outside looking in.

After today, either Mike needs to run Spread predominately in practice or just pack his stuff and leave quietly.

I'm fed up. The team quit on him in the first half. The second have we had a SHOT to win this. Only they kept putting other players in to PR. Morgan gets ONE shot and he NEARLY takes it to the house.

WTF are they doing during the week at HQ? Having a 53 man circle jerk to entertain the Coaching Staff???

This is mind boggling.

Once again Alex showed that he is capable when he has time to throw the ball. And once again the staff doesn't have a plan in place to GIVE him time.

~Ceadder

I agree with you Cedder. I wasn't a fan of giving Singletary the job. He had no experience calling plays before he was hired.
Clutch players make clutch plays, Smith just doesnt make enough.
He definitely needs to be held accountable. We need to use the spread a lot more.
Originally posted by kronik:
I don't get what u guys are complaining about. The challenge? That was actually a really smart move. Why? Because he was going to call a timeout anyways to stop the clock. Why not challenge at the same time? Are some of you guys that .....

Yes we're that pissed. Aren't you???

~Ceadder
Originally posted by kstolai:
Clutch players make clutch plays, Smith just doesnt make enough.

i am sorry 3 TDs in 1 half while trailing by 3 TDs is pretty clutch to me.

also, he scored on his last possesion, what happens after that can't be blamed on him.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone