There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Morgan/Crabtree vs. Woodson/Harris

Well, I just want Alex Smith throwing, and running, just mixing it up and our O-line coming out like they've got something to prove with Dave Manusky's defensive schemes getting to Aaron Rodgers we could definitely bag this. I just hope that we can start off great & just finish'em off. Rodgers is not that great a QB, he has his moments especially if we can get into his face, and simply administer punishment with constant pressuring on him. He's done!!!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
as long as we have enough time to throw the ball, i think we will be fine

I'm worried that we won't

If Raye scheme's well against them and the OL has time, of course both WRs can have big games because Smith had time to throw the ball. Now back to reality, the fact is that our scheme must use quick slants, outs and screens to slow down the pressure forward and force them back. Alex has already demonstrated he can do that. The question is whether he can do it consistently.

I believe these guys will be up to the task. They can't give up and must focus each and every play because each one is going to count.

This game already feels like a playoff game of old. Well, because it is. We lose we go home and have our playoff hopes squashed and Singletary's promised questioned until next season because he is not going anywhere.

Or, we could b e successful. Crabtree can continue his growth before our eyes and leap into greatness. Alex can just get the pass off so that the WR has a chance. I can see Gore taking advantages of space as a result of edge success. I can see momentum.

The real big question is whether they can sustain it.

I believe they can!

Such homerism! Morgan & Crabs are going to be covered by two of the best corners in the league. Granted, you did say "back to reality," but still!

Dude, the fact is that some of Raye's play calling has been spot on at times like the inside run for a TD against the Bears...the first drive of the Bears' game for that matter. I went back and that was some aggressive play calling. The OL held up enough to give Smith just that extra second to throw.

Then at times, I also scream my head off and say "WTFFFFFFFF are you thinkin' RAYE!!!!" I also hate the conservative play calling, but that is also coach Sing's responsibility as well. When this offense makes the plays CONSISTENTLY then Raye will open the book more and be more aggressive. Until that time, I see progress.

I support my team from all sides. I support Raye because he is our OC. I am very well grounded and expect us to come out fighting and challenge in this game to the point that I believe we will win.

We just have to limit the mistakes and focus on the plays and the moment. Frick the rest because it doesn't matter.

You execute or you don't. You make the play or you don't.

Raye calls them. Players execute them.

If homerism is supporting your team...at times in blind faith...I am first in line hommie.

[ Edited by ninertico on Nov 21, 2009 at 8:48 AM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
as long as we have enough time to throw the ball, i think we will be fine

I'm worried that we won't

If Raye scheme's well against them and the OL has time, of course both WRs can have big games because Smith had time to throw the ball. Now back to reality, the fact is that our scheme must use quick slants, outs and screens to slow down the pressure forward and force them back. Alex has already demonstrated he can do that. The question is whether he can do it consistently.

I believe these guys will be up to the task. They can't give up and must focus each and every play because each one is going to count.

This game already feels like a playoff game of old. Well, because it is. We lose we go home and have our playoff hopes squashed and Singletary's promised questioned until next season because he is not going anywhere.

Or, we could b e successful. Crabtree can continue his growth before our eyes and leap into greatness. Alex can just get the pass off so that the WR has a chance. I can see Gore taking advantages of space as a result of edge success. I can see momentum.

The real big question is whether they can sustain it.

I believe they can!

Such homerism! Morgan & Crabs are going to be covered by two of the best corners in the league. Granted, you did say "back to reality," but still!

Dude, the fact is that some of Raye's play calling has been spot on at times like the inside run for a TD against the Bears...the first drive of the Bears' game for that matter. I went back and that was some aggressive play calling. The OL held up enough to give Smith just that extra second to throw.

Then at times, I also scream my head off and say "WTFFFFFFFF are you thinkin' RAYE!!!!" I also hate the conservative play calling, but that is also coach Sing's responsibility as well. When this offense makes the plays CONSISTENTLY then Raye will open the book more and be more aggressive. Until that time, I see progress.

I support my team from all sides. I support Raye because he is our OC. I am very well grounded and expect us to come out fighting and challenge in this game to the point that I believe we will win.

We just have to limit the mistakes and focus on the plays and the moment. Frick the rest because it doesn't matter.

You execute or you don't. You make the play or you don't.

Raye calls them. Players execute them.

If homerism is supporting your team...at times in blind faith...I am first in line hommie.

Yeah, you can view it that way, or, you can view it this way: coaches are supposed to call the plays that allow their players to succeed. If a coach calls a draw play on a 3rd-and-22, even if the players execute and it turns into a 21-yard gain, it still results in a punt.

I don't think Raye is doing a very good job. You have to know what your players can and can't execute. If you run the ball up the gut 30 straight times for no gain, I think it's safe to conclude that on the 31st time, there will also be no gain, so it's up to the coach to find a play that actually works. It's on the players, but it's also on the coaches for not being creative.