There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Interception wasn't anybody's fault

• crzy
  • Veteran
That was just a great play by the defensive back. Alex threw it to Crabtree's outside shoulder and the DB played the outside because he had safety help on Crabtree's inside shoulder.

Alex saw the safety help and tried to throw the outside pattern, but he should have thrown it to the inside because Crabtree had a step and the safety was too far away to make a difference.

I don't mind that interception. I like the fact that we actually ATTEMPTED a deep pass. But of course, once the interception happened, our balls shriveled up and we went back to a conservative gameplan.

[ Edited by crzy on Nov 12, 2009 at 22:41:38 ]
11-5
That INT was more on Alex. He should have put it in the inside of crabtree were he can make a play not on the outside were the DB had the leverage.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
That INT was more on Alex. He should have put it in the inside of crabtree were he can make a play not on the outside were the DB had the leverage.

Watch the NFL or even college a little more Cover 3 dictates a backshoulder throw.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thizz415:

There was probably some miscommunication there, because Crabtree was clearly expecting it on his inside shoulder.
can't believe we didn't even try passing again after one f**king interception. our offensive play calling is such a joke.
Looked like Crabtree slipped
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:
can't believe we didn't even try passing again after one f**king interception. our offensive play calling is such a joke.

Probably because of all the turnovers we had last week.

this
We attempted a deep pass which ended up being like a punt. A pass that far down the field is like a punt. It doesn't hurt that much if it's picked off.
I thought our first drive was pretty good, and even the drive leading up to the interception was really good, then we get the smallest shrinking balls ever.

We should have tried another deep one because Crabs had a step on that one that was INTd.
Originally posted by Joecool:

We should have tried another deep one because Crabs had a step on that one that was INTd.

I think Alex wanted to go deep more to Crabs, but our play calling wasn't allowing him to.

First pass of the game was a pretty damn good throw Crab's almost got. Should have gone deep a couple more times.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I think Alex wanted to go deep more to Crabs, but our play calling wasn't allowing him to.

First pass of the game was a pretty damn good throw Crab's almost got. Should have gone deep a couple more times.

I think we can all agree that Jimmy Raye doesn't watch the game.
  • B650
  • Veteran
It was Crabtree's fault. Had he been in camp on time, he makes that catch.