LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Saints)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I bring this up because watching that game, it sure as hell looks like Crabtree was open enough to make a lot more catches. I think Smith might be under orders to look elsewhere intentionally. That's the kind of thing Singletary would do.
nvm

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Sep 21, 2010 at 16:53:55 ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
We got boneheads as QB's playing for the 49ers and have been for several years already. Has been our downfall because of it and that is a fact.

hmmm i dont know if he was or wasnt, but 3 catches in 2 games is horrribleeeeeeeeeee
Jeez....

Just because he was open doesn't mean he is supposed to get the ball. If he is the third option on a play, the QB is going to go through his progressions. Its not like Alex was missing receivers all night. He played very well.

Alex threw for 275 yards last night. LOL!!! Crabtree may have scored on the slant if the DE doesn't tip it in the air.

Alex made the plays he needed to make to win the game at the end.

Can we leave him alone for one week please?
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Jeez....

Just because he was open doesn't mean he is supposed to get the ball. If he is the third option on a play, the QB is going to go through his progressions. Its not like Alex was missing receivers all night. He played very well.

Alex threw for 275 yards last night. LOL!!! Crabtree may have scored on the slant if the DE doesn't tip it in the air.

Alex made the plays he needed to make to win the game at the end.

Can we leave him alone for one week please?

I'll be curious to see if you feel the same way if Crabtree comes out of Kansas City with only one or two catches....again.
I was there as usual and I noticed quite a few times he was open downfield and never had the ball thrown his way. A couple times the play was designed toward the other side of the field, but there was a few times the ball should have went his way.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I was there as usual and I noticed quite a few times he was open downfield and never had the ball thrown his way. A couple times the play was designed toward the other side of the field, but there was a few times the ball should have went his way.

It's because Alex likes to make the safe check down throws.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

ya he was open on two plays from what i saw both downfield however he did get the completion somewhere else so i wasnt too disspointed
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I bring this up because watching that game, it sure as hell looks like Crabtree was open enough to make a lot more catches. I think Smith might be under orders to look elsewhere intentionally. That's the kind of thing Singletary would do.

Lol...Singeltary is not telling Smith to not throw to Crabtree...its only 2 games...he did have the 1 drop because he slipped coming out of his route last night as well...I suspect that he and Smith are still getting on the same page. It is clear that Smith is more comfortable throwing to Davis, Gore and to a lesser extent Morgan. If Smith and the offense continues to progress and Crabtree keeps working, he'll be fine and his numbers will be there at the end of the year.

Originally posted by kem99:

Lol...Singeltary is not telling Smith to not throw to Crabtree...its only 2 games...he did have the 1 drop because he slipped coming out of his route last night as well...I suspect that he and Smith are still getting on the same page. It is clear that Smith is more comfortable throwing to Davis, Gore and to a lesser extent Morgan. If Smith and the offense continues to progress and Crabtree keeps working, he'll be fine and his numbers will be there at the end of the year.

END THREAD
Originally posted by kem99:

That's my feeling. Because Crabtree's neck injury, Smith and Crabtree didn't get to practice much together near the end of the training camp. When Smith looked Crabtree's way in the game against Seattle, he got burned really quickly: 2 interceptions, with one going in for a defensive TD. Therefore for the time being, Morgan is the go-to WR until Smith feels comfortable enough with Crabtree.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
the views that we get on TV never allow an assessment of this. As good as Smith played last night, I have always sensed that he generally sucks at finding and making completions to open WRs. He's better with dump offs to TEs and esp RBs.
Originally posted by Kush_Man16:
so i was at the game on sunday and myself and many of people in our section were dissapointed and angry that crabtree didnt get the opportunities he deserved.....i counted at least 5 times (including twice when we settled for field goals in the red zone) where crabtree was obviously wide open.....they also had single coverage on crabtree the whole game and we never took a shot down the field.....did anyone else see this?

What are talking about bro?! We never kicked a field goal in that game.javascript:qdS('');
Originally posted by LivFreeOrdIHrd9r:
Originally posted by Kush_Man16:
so i was at the game on sunday and myself and many of people in our section were dissapointed and angry that crabtree didnt get the opportunities he deserved.....i counted at least 5 times (including twice when we settled for field goals in the red zone) where crabtree was obviously wide open.....they also had single coverage on crabtree the whole game and we never took a shot down the field.....did anyone else see this?

What are talking about bro?! We never kicked a field goal in that game.javascript:qdS('');

He posted that last year. Read the post dates.
Share 49ersWebzone