LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Saints)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have the talent to win ...... after we clean up all of our mistakes and maybe break even on the lucky breaks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
14-2?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
1) The playcalling was much better.

2) We can now sleep knowing that Alex Smith is our QB and is NOT a bust.

3) We didnt give up any big plays in the secondary. (Really shocked)

Anyway I cant believe we lost but at least we fought till the end

GO NINERS!!!!

Ahh i would ay the last pass to colston was a huge play given up by the secondary.Goldson's gotta turn around and look for that ball.
Originally posted by mayo63:
14-2?

14-2 is abit far fetched but if we clean our mistakes and play anything like we did against saints ide go for 13-3 is not unrealistic and as for kc if we stop them running we close them out they are young and athletic and fast and look a real good team this year but we have shown we can stop the run really well against the saints the only game i think we may struggle in is greenbay at greenbay in the snow we dont play well at greenbay in cold weather
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crazzyscotsman:
14-2?

14-2 is abit far fetched but if we clean our mistakes and play anything like we did against saints ide go for 13-3 is not unrealistic and as for kc if we stop them running we close them out they are young and athletic and fast and look a real good team this year but we have shown we can stop the run really well against the saints the only game i think we may struggle in is greenbay at greenbay in the snow we dont play well at greenbay in cold weather

I think realistically we can end up 12-4.
Originally posted by crazzyscotsman:
14-2?

I think realistically we can end up 12-4.

Tough teams left to play: ATL, PHI, GB, SD, AZ twice

if we can win at least 3 of these....10-6 or 11-5
Look at these predictions! Not that I disagree but just a week ago I read someone say well be lucky to get 4 wins.
If Alex Smith plays like that week in, week out (or at least close to that), the NFC West is ours without much sweat.

GO NINERS!!!!

4.) Offensive line was stellar!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
If Alex Smith plays like that week in, week out (or at least close to that), the NFC West is ours without much sweat.

Exactly, Alex and the OL plays like that the whole season, we wil win the West.

Originally posted by bret:
Alex made a couple of great plays in Seattle in 2006, but never, before tonight, have i ever seem him, with the game on the line, engineer a drive where he made the great throws, showed the pocket presence, and made the key runs necessary to get a score that was needed.

This was a key development for this team!

You must have miss the '07 opener vs. Arizona...he did the exact same thing...except this time his receivers didn't drop passes on the last drive..and that TD drive was for the win not the tie.
Originally posted by mrizvi66:
Originally posted by bret:
Alex made a couple of great plays in Seattle in 2006, but never, before tonight, have i ever seem him, with the game on the line, engineer a drive where he made the great throws, showed the pocket presence, and made the key runs necessary to get a score that was needed.

This was a key development for this team!

You must have miss the '07 opener vs. Arizona...he did the exact same thing...except this time his receivers didn't drop passes on the last drive..and that TD drive was for the win not the tie.

And most of his passes on that drive were high. Not this time.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

and the 49ers should be able to win at least a playoff game like some analysts predicted. This 49ers team is much better than the one last year. Now if it can get into a groove.
umm the last play of the BIG PLAY if you ask me

GO NINERS!!!!

1. we didn't throw the ball at all to start the game.

2. Alex is inconsistent however i think he will be good if the coaches would let him loose like we did in that final drive.

3. the last pass to colston only cost us the game. we've only generated 1 turnover. and we can't stop the f'in screen pass
Share 49ersWebzone