LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Saints)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BAD_AL:
The problem wasn't with the OLINE.

Smith had enough time to throw most of the time.

Mutha Fu--ing QB is the PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read your post........ then watch the football game , then realize that your post is pretty stupid and delete it .
Originally posted by sixbricks:
Curse of the Crabs..lost 4 straight after he signed

yea, lousy play has nothing to do with it.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
it's probably more of a trust issue. Back to back games balls intended for Crabs were batted in the air and intercepted. So I hear. I wasn't able to watch the last 2 games so I have no idea who's fault it was. But after that Int I never seen (play by play on cbssportsline )another pass intended for Crabs. So to me it's more of a trust thing than playcalling or Oline play.
Originally posted by Kush_Man16:
so i was at the game on sunday and myself and many of people in our section were dissapointed and angry that crabtree didnt get the opportunities he deserved.....i counted at least 5 times (including twice when we settled for field goals in the red zone) where crabtree was obviously wide open.....they also had single coverage on crabtree the whole game and we never took a shot down the field.....did anyone else see this?

I was at the game and I said the same thing. The second half, I watched smith and crabs, he was wide open and SMith didnt look his way ONCE! Smith has gone back to the stare down your receiver mode, instead of looking off DB's! Maybe raye didn't call crabs number but at the very least, Alex needs to look his way!!
Originally posted by krizay:
it's probably more of a trust issue. Back to back games balls intended for Crabs were batted in the air and intercepted. So I hear. I wasn't able to watch the last 2 games so I have no idea who's fault it was. But after that Int I never seen (play by play on cbssportsline )another pass intended for Crabs. So to me it's more of a trust thing than playcalling or Oline play.

I mean, sure, when he's double-covered and the QB is throwing 'em high, you're gonna get those tipped balls and INTs. That happened two or three times yesterday, I think.

but why don't we get him deep downfield and if he's one on one, just toss it up for him to go get it? I don't think we've tried that.... not sure if it's cuz he's never been in single coverage deep down the field, they haven't had him run deep routes or the QB just didn't see him.
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by maximill15:
so i was at the game on sunday and myself and many of people in our section were dissapointed and angry that crabtree didnt get the opportunities he deserved.....i counted at least 5 times (including twice when we settled for field goals in the red zone) where crabtree was obviously wide open.....they also had single coverage on crabtree the whole game and we never took a shot down the field.....did anyone else see this?

I was at the game and I said the same thing. The second half, I watched smith and crabs, he was wide open and SMith didnt look his way ONCE! Smith has gone back to the stare down your receiver mode, instead of looking off DB's! Maybe raye didn't call crabs number but at the very least, Alex needs to look his way!!

EXACTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY

Yeah it sucks Alex did that in this game & hopefully he can correct that by Thursday. I was very upset they didn't throw to Crabtree more when he was one on one.
Smith relies on VD too much. It is like they are BFF's are something. I know he is a good target and that he leads the TE's with TD's but Crabtree should have had some more catches in this game.
Originally posted by sixbricks:
Curse of the Crabs..lost 4 straight after he signed

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

I mean, sure, when he's double-covered and the QB is throwing 'em high, you're gonna get those tipped balls and INTs. That happened two or three times yesterday, I think.

but why don't we get him deep downfield and if he's one on one, just toss it up for him to go get it? I don't think we've tried that.... not sure if it's cuz he's never been in single coverage deep down the field, they haven't had him run deep routes or the QB just didn't see him.

The QB didn't see him because the QB didn't want to see him. If Smith doesn't trust Crabs he's not going to look his way. It's that simple. If Smith thinks Crabs should have made a better play on the ball and prevented the Int but didn't he's not going to want to risk throwing another pass to him.

I too want to see Crabs get the ball thrown his way. However, there is only one person who controls whether or not that happens. If that one person doesn't trust him for whatever reason. Then it's not going to happen.

in regards to crabs tipped ball/ int. It was a good throw from alex in terms of location. Crabs has EXCELLENT hands, but his hands might not be strong enough to haul that ball in. A fitz or bouldin would make that catch and beast it away from the DB. But at the same time Alex prob shouldn't of forced it into tight coverage! Alex def trust Crabs otherwise crabs wouldn't be out on the field, cause we'd be playing with 10 man essentially!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
in regards to crabs tipped ball/ int. It was a good throw from alex in terms of location. Crabs has EXCELLENT hands, but his hands might not be strong enough to haul that ball in. A fitz or bouldin would make that catch and beast it away from the DB. But at the same time Alex prob shouldn't of forced it into tight coverage! Alex def trust Crabs otherwise crabs wouldn't be out on the field, cause we'd be playing with 10 man essentially!

and after that interception intended to Crabs it essentially was.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

On the Int that happened yesterday the pass was too high and away and appeared to be thrown way to late as the CB was blanketed all over his back. Accuracy and timing.

and after that interception intended to Crabs it essentially was.

I guess, but why would he go back to morgan after his first tipped ball? I don't think trust was the case! But whatever the reason, it needs to be fixed! Lets not make the same mistake with crabs that we did with VD! Get him the ball early and often! Lets not wait 3 years before we throw him the rock!!
1) The playcalling was much better.

2) We can now sleep knowing that Alex Smith is our QB and is NOT a bust.

3) We didnt give up any big plays in the secondary. (Really shocked)

Anyway I cant believe we lost but at least we fought till the end

GO NINERS!!!!

[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Sep 20, 2010 at 21:13:06 ]
Share 49ersWebzone