There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which position coach are we grooming for the future OC?

Which position coach are we grooming for the future OC?

Both seem to be young and upcoming. Have plenty of experience as coaches.
If Johnson can help turn Phil Jennings into a great nfl quarterback then he can call plays on the offense
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:

I believe I read the QB coach.

Truth of the matter is Rathman is nothing more than a Webzone favorite. The Webzone put Tom in the running. When he realistically have a 0% chance of being a OC anytime soon. He would need an offensive minded coach (Holmgrem, Shananhan) in order to ease his transition. Singletary at HC and Rathman OC = + x
Originally posted by krizay:

I believe I read the QB coach.

Truth of the matter is Rathman is nothing more than a Webzone favorite. The Webzone put Tom in the running. When he realistically have a 0% chance of being a OC anytime soon. He would need an offensive minded coach (Holmgrem, Shananhan) in order to ease his transition. Singletary at HC and Rathman OC = + x

For once, I actually agree with you. What is this world coming to?
Someone posted an article that it seemed like the Niners thought Johnson could have a big offensive role in the future when they initially signed him. So I'm going to say Johnson
I just want a guy who is a great play caller and strategist. Could care less about what offense they know.
all signs point to Mike Johnson
Trent Dilfer said a guy name Jim Hostler will be a great OC. How about we give him a shot!
I hope Mike Johnson is the OC. It seems like he has done a great job of getting Alex Smith back to take care of simple fundamentals at the position which seems to have helped big time.

We don't groom OCs, We just hire a new one every year.
Grooming an OC is out of character for the 49ers. Come on, its completely counter-intuitive to the front office's philosophy. Never ever gonna happen.
All i gotta say is we need a QB coach type OC!

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Nov 6, 2009 at 12:54:54 ]
What if it's George Foerster
I voted for Mike, but Tom seems more of the hard-nosed run type person that sing would prefer. Altough Tom wouldn't be too bad if he called games similar to how they were called when he played.
We need someone to be able to work with Jennings for more than just one season