LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

First Niners Game Ever!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hello fellow 'Zoners,

First of all, long time reader of the webzone, first time poster.

This Thursday 12th November, one of my childhood dreams will be fulfilled as my father and I make the trip all the way from Wellington, New Zealand to San Francisco to watch my first ever live 49ers game (Niners/Bears). Have been a 49ers fan ever since we lived for a year and a half in Santa Rosa Ca, way back in 1994..

Keeping up with the team has been pretty hard living down under in NZ, only the Sunday night and Monday night games are broadcast on TV (so I've seen a few Colts/Patriots/Chargers/Cowboys games ha..) although Jerry Rice's retirement did make a small segment in the national news a few years ago...

Dad briefly lived in Chicago so is more a Bears than a Niners fan, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to make the trip this year!

I was wondering if any of you locals had any tips on where to go pre-game, any good places to eat, things to do etc.? I remember the last time I was in San Fran it was 2002 with my family and we were in the Hard Rock Cafe the night before the GB vs Niners game and the place was packed with stinking Packers fans, who were making one hell of a racket... Would love to be a part of the home team rally this time!

Thanks in advance...
Jesus thats a long trip. Hope you get here safely and see a 9ers win.
That's awesome, have fun man
That's great man

I'll be doing the same one of these day.

-9fA
Congrats!
Hopefully the Niners put a whip'n on them Bears!!!!

Have fun!
Go NINERS!!!!
I'm very happy for you i know the crowd will be good especially when our D is kicking their a$$e$. Have a great time and a safe trip
  • Chico
  • Veteran
A long way from home...get to the game around 1pm so you can tailgate, drink beer and socialize...i'll be there with some friends if you want to look us up. We'll have plenty of drinks. I'm so excited....
  • flow
  • Veteran
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NZNiner:
Hello fellow 'Zoners,

First of all, long time reader of the webzone, first time poster.

This Thursday 12th November, one of my childhood dreams will be fulfilled as my father and I make the trip all the way from Wellington, New Zealand to San Francisco to watch my first ever live 49ers game (Niners/Bears). Have been a 49ers fan ever since we lived for a year and a half in Santa Rosa Ca, way back in 1994..

Keeping up with the team has been pretty hard living down under in NZ, only the Sunday night and Monday night games are broadcast on TV (so I've seen a few Colts/Patriots/Chargers/Cowboys games ha..) although Jerry Rice's retirement did make a small segment in the national news a few years ago...

Dad briefly lived in Chicago so is more a Bears than a Niners fan, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to make the trip this year!

I was wondering if any of you locals had any tips on where to go pre-game, any good places to eat, things to do etc.? I remember the last time I was in San Fran it was 2002 with my family and we were in the Hard Rock Cafe the night before the GB vs Niners game and the place was packed with stinking Packers fans, who were making one hell of a racket... Would love to be a part of the home team rally this time!

Thanks in advance...

Have fun! It seemed like all the Chicago dogs and pizza's are awesome. From my experience, go to the smokiest hot dog push cart, have them pile everything on that dog.....I don't know how they fit everything on there, but that is delicious.
  • kyleemerick
  • Info N/A
I just signed up again, so I can't post a new thread, sorry for hijacking anothers...

I am driving up from San Diego next Wednesday afternoon to see the Bears game. I will be staying in Oakland. My question is, should I pay to park or take BART... or something else?

It would be cool to bring a little BBQ and some dogs as I am coming up with my wife and daughter. Is that allowed? How much is parking? Can I buy the parking ticket in advance?

I am very stolked, getting to take my 5 year old daughter to her first 9er game!!!

The weekend in SF won't suck either...

"I just signed up again, so I can't post a new thread, sorry for hijacking anothers...

I am driving up from San Diego next Wednesday afternoon to see the Bears game. I will be staying in Oakland. My question is, should I pay to park or take BART... or something else?

It would be cool to bring a little BBQ and some dogs as I am coming up with my wife and daughter. Is that allowed? How much is parking? Can I buy the parking ticket in advance?

I am very stolked, getting to take my 5 year old daughter to her first 9er game!!!

The weekend in SF won't suck either... "

Parking is $30... and I would drive instead of taking bart. You need a parking pass to get into the stadium parking lot but there is plenty of parking around the stadium. Personal (as a season ticket holder) I don't park in the stadium because it is a nightmare to get out after a good, close scoring game. I park in the business complex right next to the freeway, and it never takes me more then 10 minutes to get out... the con, you have to walk for ten minutes to get to the stadium. Hope this helps, Go 9ers!
If the niners lose its your fault
Wow, that's going to be a great trip. I hope you end up being much happier about the game than your dad. I have wanted to go the other way to New Zealand for a long time - one day I'm going to do it! Have a great time and be sure to eat some garlic fries.
  • kyleemerick
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by lottslovechild:
Parking is $30... and I would drive instead of taking bart. You need a parking pass to get into the stadium parking lot but there is plenty of parking around the stadium. Personal (as a season ticket holder) I don't park in the stadium because it is a nightmare to get out after a good, close scoring game. I park in the business complex right next to the freeway, and it never takes me more then 10 minutes to get out... the con, you have to walk for ten minutes to get to the stadium. Hope this helps, Go 9ers!

Where should I get the packing pass, at the game? I'd like to get it now but the prices are all over the place looking online.
Originally posted by valrod33:
If the niners lose its your fault

This...lol
Share 49ersWebzone