There are 230 users in the forums

Alex Smith, 6th Best QB in the NFL (That's Right!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by jame-gumb:
Reading comprehension, people. The OP didn't say Smith was the 6th best QB in footbal. He said he ranks 6th in a stat.

If you don't understand that, move on. If you don't understand the stat, move on.

He's not even ranked on that stat cause he doesn't qualify and doesn't rank in the nfl stat sheet either cause the hasn't qualified yet this thread is garbage oh and
Smith has a 95.0 passer rating which is ranked about 13th or so if he was on the stat sheet but hes not so uh yeah
  • jame-gumb
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Reading comprehension, people. The OP didn't say Smith was the 6th best QB in footbal. He said he ranks 6th in a stat.

If you don't understand that, move on. If you don't understand the stat, move on.

He's not even ranked on that stat cause he doesn't qualify and doesn't rank in the nfl stat sheet either cause the hasn't qualified yet this thread is garbage oh and
Smith has a 95.0 passer rating which is ranked about 13th or so if he was on the stat sheet but hes not so uh yeah

If I remember right, he missed out by 2 attempts. He'll be ranked on Monday.

And that's not the point. The point is that a bunch of people who don't/can't read were bashing the OP for calling Smith the 6th best QB in the NFL when he didn't say that.

I'm seen some retarded threads on this site, but this thread isn't close to being on that list. The OP presented an interesting stat by a reputable site that you should all be looking at.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

And that's not the point. The point is that a bunch of people who don't/can't read were bashing the OP for calling Smith the 6th best QB in the NFL when he didn't say that.

I'm seen some retarded threads on this site, but this thread isn't close to being on that list. The OP presented an interesting stat by a reputable site that you should all be looking at.

Ranked on Monday? So does that mean by then if all the other QB’s bellow him jump up a notch as well. So he could be ranked a lot lower than 6th on Monday right?

Before the Indy game smith had a passer rating of 118 better than Peyton and he also threw more TD’s than Peyton in that game. Smith is clearly a legend.

I’m just having some fun I could care less.
  • jame-gumb
  • Info N/A

Ranked on Monday? So does that mean by then if all the other QB’s bellow him jump up a notch as well. So he could be ranked a lot lower than 6th on Monday right?

Before the Indy game smith had a passer rating of 118 better than Peyton and he also threw more TD’s than Peyton in that game. Smith is clearly a legend.

Yes, his ranking could change, but he will have enough pass attempts to be ranked after his next game.

The bottom line is that we have a QB that has played, even if for only 6 quarters, like a top QB. He had an awesome half against Houston and played pretty well in his first start against the No. 1 pass defense in the NFL. We just upgraded at QB. Enjoy it.

Reading comprehension ey???? The title of this thread is, "Alex Smith, 6th Best QB in the NFL (That's Right!)"

If I learned how to read in elementary school correctly, the OP says clearly in the subject of the thread, Alex Smith, 6th Best QB in the NFL.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Both Detroit and STL have looked good for 6 quarters too this year. Encouraging.
  • jame-gumb
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Reading comprehension ey???? The title of this thread is, "Alex Smith, 6th Best QB in the NFL (That's Right!)"

If I learned how to read in elementary school correctly, the OP says clearly in the subject of the thread, Alex Smith, 6th Best QB in the NFL.

And if you stopped reading at the title, you'd think that was the OP's point. If you continued to read, the first sentence in the post is that Alex Smith is 6th best according to footballoutsiders' stat...which is a fact.

So yeah, reading comprehension. Or at least, read the whole f**king post and understand before you run your mouth (not you in particular, TX9er, just the ones who blasted the OP for calling Smith something he wasn't calling him).
  • jame-gumb
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
Both Detroit and STL have looked good for 6 quarters too this year. Encouraging.

Good for them. If you don't think Alex Smith will continue to be this good, just say so. From what I've seen this year, he's the best QB we have. Play him the rest of the way and find out if he can sustain this level of play.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yes, his ranking could change, but he will have enough pass attempts to be ranked after his next game.

The bottom line is that we have a QB that has played, even if for only 6 quarters, like a top QB. He had an awesome half against Houston and played pretty well in his first start against the No. 1 pass defense in the NFL. We just upgraded at QB. Enjoy it.

Again, hes ranking Smith's 55 passes to the other QB's 250+ passes. If you scroll down his real ranking is:

PASSING, OTHERS: 10-59 passes

Quote:
Player Team DYAR YAR DVOA VOA Passes Yards EYds TD FK FL INT C%
A.Smith SF 151 143 33.0% 30.7% 57 388 481 4 0 0 2 64.2%
B.Croyle KC 73 60 36.3% 27.5% 27 159 236 2 1 0 0 66.7%
D.Carr NYG 57 59 23.8% 25.0% 26 160 210 1 1 0 0 65.2%
B.Gradkowski OAK 8 -13 -5.6% -19.7% 23 110 134 0 0 1 0 57.1%
M.Leinart ARI 1 13 -9.0% 13.0% 10 45 47 0 0 0 0 70.0%
B.Hoyer NE 1 5 -9.9% -2.0% 11 52 47 0 0 0 0 81.8%
M.Moore CAR -26 -50 -43.9% -73.0% 13 53 29 0 0 0 1 50.0%
V.Young TEN -39 -20 -35.1% -23.6% 24 113 77 1 1 0 1 65.2%
T.Collins WAS -90 -78 -122.3% -107.3% 17 54 -57 0 2 0 0 42.9%
D.Stanton DET -98 -111 -127.6% -142.1% 14 36 -66 0 0 0 2 45.5%
Its obvious to me he is better than Hill, Not statistically, nor performance so far this year, He has put up comparable stats to Hill. The Intangibles that Smith possess alone gives me hope for him! and maybe he will be number 6 OVERALL in the near future!

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Again, hes ranking Smith's 55 passes to the other QB's 250+ passes. If you scroll down his real ranking is:

PASSING, OTHERS: 10-59 passes

Quote:
Player Team DYAR YAR DVOA VOA Passes Yards EYds TD FK FL INT C%
A.Smith SF 151 143 33.0% 30.7% 57 388 481 4 0 0 2 64.2%
B.Croyle KC 73 60 36.3% 27.5% 27 159 236 2 1 0 0 66.7%
D.Carr NYG 57 59 23.8% 25.0% 26 160 210 1 1 0 0 65.2%
B.Gradkowski OAK 8 -13 -5.6% -19.7% 23 110 134 0 0 1 0 57.1%
M.Leinart ARI 1 13 -9.0% 13.0% 10 45 47 0 0 0 0 70.0%
B.Hoyer NE 1 5 -9.9% -2.0% 11 52 47 0 0 0 0 81.8%
M.Moore CAR -26 -50 -43.9% -73.0% 13 53 29 0 0 0 1 50.0%
V.Young TEN -39 -20 -35.1% -23.6% 24 113 77 1 1 0 1 65.2%
T.Collins WAS -90 -78 -122.3% -107.3% 17 54 -57 0 2 0 0 42.9%
D.Stanton DET -98 -111 -127.6% -142.1% 14 36 -66 0 0 0 2 45.5%

So he's the #1 backup in the league

Originally posted by bigmike55:

"If I learned how to read in elementary school correctly..."

should be

"If I learned how to read correctly in elementary school..."

Sorry. I couldn't resist.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:

Good for them. If you don't think Alex Smith will continue to be this good, just say so. From what I've seen this year, he's the best QB we have. Play him the rest of the way and find out if he can sustain this level of play.

I would agree, but this is a stupid thread.
  • TitanUp
  • Info N/A
if it takes that much thought and math to say your quarterback is a top 6 qb then you are trying to hard.
  • TitanicSpeed28
  • Info N/A
I don't care if Stephen Hawking brewed up these statistics, that is baloney. Realistically, every one of you know that Alex Smith isn't even in the top 15, maybe top 20. You can splice number and arrange stats to make them say anything at all. The fact that he's tied with Drew Brees in anything should be enough of a red flag to let you know thats a load of BS.

Alex Smith is an underachiever who may finally be getting it. Right now, that's all you can say for the dude.
Share 49ersWebzone